Author Topic: Derrick Rose acknowledges past tension with Bulls  (Read 3420 times)

Derrick Rose acknowledges past tension with Bulls
« on: July 31, 2014, 10:02:54 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Kind of an interesting read

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24645219/derrick-rose-acknowledges-tension-with-bulls-says-its-a-new-beginning

This part caught my eye

Multiple sources in the organization say tension was mounting because Rose allowed his own camp to take shots at the franchise. Gradually, there seemed to be less communication between the Bulls and their biggest star. And tensions hit a peak when Rose, who has a five-year, $94.8 million contract, seemed to blatantly resist helping build the roster in a new NBA where stars increasingly double as recruiters.

The Sun-Times quotes sources saying that Rose wanted nothing to do with recruiting Carmelo Anthony, and that the front office was irate about him skipping the team's dinner with the star forward at the beginning of the month. Rose then reportedly was "much more aggressive" in selling Pau Gasol on coming to Chicago.

Re: Derrick Rose acknowledges past tension with Bulls
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 10:08:26 PM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
Thats because Rose thinks he can carry a team by himself. Dude cant carry a team worth anything.

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 10:33:48 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
maybe he didn't think a guy like Melo who needs the ball more than Rose was a good fit as a teammate.

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 10:43:17 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Funny how these goody two shoes players are coming out with their true colors.  We saw one with Dwight Howard, with Harden, with Ray Allen, now Rose.  I won't be surprised if Durant end up showing his true colors as well (even though I doubt it with KD).  Players who front humility (image) just to get what they want.  It's guys like these who give guys with genuine humility and character a bad name.  I also won't be surprised if he get injured again, sealing his career shut.  Just like Ray Allen, he's full of himself.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 10:59:29 PM by Clench123 »

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 11:01:29 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
What a diva! Seriously you just hurt the Bulls chances for Carmelo Anthony?! And people complain that Rondo is a detriment to the team!

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 11:20:17 PM »

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
Are you guys serious?

First lets call LeBron and company soft for forming super teams and not wanting to take on the challenge of doing it themselves on their own team, now Rose is a 'Diva' because he wants to win it by himself with the team as currently constructed?

I think it's great if Rose doesn't want another superstar next to him, old fashioned competitive drive and not taking the easy way to a championship.

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 11:37:41 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Are you guys serious?

First lets call LeBron and company soft for forming super teams and not wanting to take on the challenge of doing it themselves on their own team, now Rose is a 'Diva' because he wants to win it by himself with the team as currently constructed?

I think it's great if Rose doesn't want another superstar next to him, old fashioned competitive drive and not taking the easy way to a championship.

Pretty much this.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 11:40:44 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Are you guys serious?

That is a very narrow thinking as TEAM player (which Rose isn't) in a TEAM sport.  Jordan didn't do it by himself.  Kobe didn't do by himself.  Duncan didn't do it by himself.  Shaq didn't do it by himself.  KG didn't do it by himself.  The list goes on.  If you can't share the spotlight with another star on the team, then you don't deserve a championship and at the rate he's going, he won't win one.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 11:43:40 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Are you guys serious?

That is a very narrow thinking as TEAM player (which Rose isn't) in a TEAM sport.  Jordan didn't do it by himself.  Kobe didn't do by himself.  Duncan didn't do it by himself.  Shaq didn't do it by himself.  KG didn't do it by himself.  The list goes on.  If you can't share the spotlight with another star on the team, then you don't deserve a championship and at the rate he's going, he won't win one.

What he's saying is that this is one half of a brutal double standard when contrasted with the "LeBron's soft because he bailed to form a super team" line of thinking that's fairly prevalent on this blog, though. Surely you can see that.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 12:06:58 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
maybe he didn't think a guy like Melo who needs the ball more than Rose was a good fit as a teammate.
This.

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 12:08:29 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Rose carrying a team? More like it's Noah carrying the team.

Rose should get his knees straighten out first.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 12:15:33 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
Are you guys serious?

What he's saying is that this is one half of a brutal double standard when contrasted with the "LeBron's soft because he bailed to form a super team" line of thinking that's fairly prevalent on this blog, though. Surely you can see that.

The only difference is that a lot of people felt Lebron and Co had decided what they were going to do before free agency even hit (I don't care either way). There's nothing wrong with helping your team recruit a guy that's coming into town to play on your team. I don't care about the "old school" way or whatever way it's suppose to be. Some guys were fortunate to be drafted to good teams with a good culture therefore they didn't have to go elsewhere (i.e Early Lakers and C's) and some had to go elsewhere. I think as C's fans we complain about the "collusion and the old school way" because we don't have blockbuster summers EVER during FA because I doubt anyone would complain about Lebron, Love, or any other big name "colluding" with Rondo. We just hate that we're on the outside looking in for the "big names".

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2014, 12:20:47 AM »

fitzhickey

Are you guys serious?

Nailed it, TP.

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2014, 01:50:39 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Rose carrying a team? More like it's Noah carrying the team.

Rose should get his knees straighten out first.

This coming season when Rose comes back it will become unbearable watching the bulls because of too much iso play for him.

I preferred watching Noah lead the charge for the bulls.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 02:05:39 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
First let me start by saying that I'm not a Derek Rose fan at all.  I don't like his game (I think he's dramatically overrated) and I don't think much of his attitude as a player (I think he's too soft,  gutless, lacks that competive edge).

But in this case, it's kinda hard to hold this against him.   All we know is that he didn't want to recruit stars, we don't know why.   Maybe he really believes in his team,  and doesn't believe they need a new star coming in and disrupting the chemistry.   Maybe he believes that all the team needs is a couple of key role players to get over the top.   Delusional or not, it's hard to fault the guy for having belief in his teammates.

Or maybe he said it because he believes he's great,  wants to 'own' the keys to the franchise.   Maybe he doesn't want someone else taking his glory...in this case yeh, a bit selfish.

Or maybe he just believes recruiting is the GMs job and not his...which it true.