Author Topic: Pat Riley..boo-hoo:the belief in karma is very popular in LA-LA land-how ironic!  (Read 2530 times)

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Funny...karma is that female dog!!

Riley has coached and/or played for 3 the teams that I have disliked the most (although the Bad-Boy Pistons would be #4) in Celtic history.

Now he gets a taste of his own medicine.

From the Sun Sentinel via the RealGM wiretap:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/234481/Riley-LeBron-Gave-No-Response-To-Texts-Emails-In-Free-Agency

Some interesting snippets:

Pat Riley never dissuaded from the belief that LeBron James would return to the Miami Heat in free agency, even when the two met in Las Vegas before James announced his decision to join the Cleveland Cavaliers.

''I went into it with the thought and the notion that he was coming back," Riley said, "and I was selling that to players, I believed that firmly, so I was selling that to players. And that's the only way I went into it. I let him know that. He never said to me, 'No, don't do that.' ''

Sounds like Riley doing damage control to the free agents he signed promising James would be there.

And this, implying that he was misled even when he says he wasn't:

"I don't think I was misled. But I don't think I was encouraged either.

And here sounding like a jilted lover:

Riley said he did not hear from James during the free agent process.

"I sent him a lot of emails and texts," Riley said. "I was communicating a lot with him. No response."

How's that one way communication feel, Pat?  A lot like Gilbert (who is no shining star either) and the Cav fans felt back then.

And just to cement the notion that Riley feels that he was misled by James:

"There wasn't anything in that meeting that told me that wasn't going to happen," Riley said of the anticipated return by James.

Live by the sword (Fear the Sword), die by the sword.

Maybe you would have had a bigger hint if James, when you lost in the Finals, disdainfully ripped off his Heat jersey walking down the tunnel, like he did in Cleveland, huh Riley?

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
I have no sympathy for Riley nor for Lequeen. They both made their own beds. Karma really is a b-tch.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Well, Miami did make that draft day trade--to get the PG that LeFraud really really wanted---so, yeah, maybe he did screw Miami---but if anyone deserves to be screwed, it's Pat freaking Riley.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Don't forget this nugget from Riley from about a year ago:

"Danny Ainge needs to shut the f--- up and manage his own team," Riley said in a statement released through a Heat spokesman. "

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/9113282/heat-prez-pat-riley-tells-celtics-ainge-shut-up

I despise Riley and Wade. Lebron gained some points with me for helping put them in their misery, but don't for a second think Ainge didn't enjoy facilitating Lebron's return to the Heat.

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I don't like LBJ but he had every right to act as he wanted and he didn't have to tell them anything... if they chose to believe he was going to be there before he signed, that's on them. It's called a FREE Agent for a reason.

As a Celtics fan, I only want the Celtics to win, ultimately. I don't want either of those guys to win b/c of how things have gone with us vs. them. I like KD but I'd probably feel close to what I feel for Riley/Heat/LBJ if the Celts battled with him a lot... the only difference is I have other reasons for disliking Pat and LBJ.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
  • Rondolope
How did Pat Riley think LeBron was coming back after he ignored all of Riley's calls/emails/texts??

delusional delusional delusional
"You can't play like a robot" -Coach Stevens

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99

"Danny Ainge needs to shut the f--- up and manage his own team," Riley said in a statement released through a Heat spokesman. "

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/9113282/heat-prez-pat-riley-tells-celtics-ainge-shut-up

I despise Riley and Wade. Lebron gained some points with me for helping put them in their misery, but don't for a second think Ainge didn't enjoy facilitating Lebron's return to the Heat.

This is one of the reasons why I continue to despise Dracula Riley, he is one conniving, narcissistic, evil SOB. He acted high and mighty when the cHeat were winnig (thank you Herr Stern). Now that the tables have turned he wants to act that he was cheated (oh the irony)
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I actually like Pat Riley -- he was the one that allowed us to get a pick for Doc.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

I didn't even think of that. I could see DA sitting in his office thinking..."I could go after Love and really kickstart this rebuild....OR... I could help Cleveland get Lebron, which could mean we loose Love, but I can screw over Riley.......I'm Bleeping the Bleep over, I can rebuild later!"

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
His karma ran over his dogma...no offense to the OP, but 'karma' can be many, many things, but 'ironic' is never one of them (based on definition of 'karma').

I must admit, I felt a strong feeling of "schadenfreude" at Mr. Riley's recent great disappointment. 

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
As a Celtics fan I'm obligated to not like Riley and have a sports "hate" for him. But if I'm talking basketball with friends then even I must admit and he's one of the greatest minds in the game. Not just now but ever.  I'm sure he'll be fine and turn things around down there.
Peace through Tyranny