Author Topic: What is the next move to make  (Read 9395 times)

Re: What is the next move to make
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2014, 09:21:40 AM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
1. Establish Rondo as the leader of the offense and restructure that God awful motion offense to best utilize the players on the floor. That system is atrocious.

2. Move the non-guaranteed contracts for a different asset. That's about $7 million in salary. Go grab a player for those contracts and make it so that player isn't another SG.

3. Get a balanced, set rotation of about 11 players and stick to it making players like Olynyk, Sullinger, Zeller, Smart and Young earn their minutes rather than just handing them to them. If they are playing well move them down in the rotation but not out. Stress defense as the first factor in judging the performance of any player and evaluating their spot in the rotation. Stress effort and smart defense always.

4. Try hard to win every game and live with whatever record happens.

TP.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2014, 11:08:07 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Get the roster down to 14-15 players while hopefully huthog some nice talent in th process.   
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2014, 12:06:50 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
1. Establish Rondo as the leader of the offense and restructure that God awful motion offense to best utilize the players on the floor. That system is atrocious.
You make some sensible points and I agree we should try to win but I don't follow #1.

Does "Establish Rondo as leader of the offense" mean that he plays a bigger role?  And does bigger role mean in his hands more?  More shots?

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2014, 12:22:09 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Rondo and Wallace for Jennings, Monroe and a 1st would be my most positive guess. Likely they just cut some guys.

What about Rondo to Milwaukee for Knight and Sanders?

The Bucks get a star to pair up with Parker and the Greek while the Celts get two pretty good pieces themselves.

I'd think Kidd would love to have Rondo.

I will agree with others when I say I don't think I want any part of Brandon Jennings.

I'd need two 1st round picks in that deal. Sanders is a lot more risk. I don't like Jennings much but he is better than Wallace on the team.  Just have Jennings come off the bench as he is better than Pressey as the backup PG.

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2014, 12:39:26 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

2. Move the non-guaranteed contracts for a different asset. That's about $7 million in salary. Go grab a player for those contracts and make it so that player isn't another SG.

3. Get a balanced, set rotation of about 11 players and stick to it making players like Olynyk, Sullinger, Zeller, Smart and Young earn their minutes rather than just handing them to them. If they are playing well move them down in the rotation but not out. Stress defense as the first factor in judging the performance of any player and evaluating their spot in the rotation. Stress effort and smart defense always.

4. Try hard to win every game and live with whatever record happens.

Makes the best sense

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2014, 12:45:01 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Tank

Should take care of itself, though. This team will be lucky to win 35 games.

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2014, 01:05:11 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
1. Waive Chris Johnson and Babb;
2. Trade Bass and Bogans for a serviceable (read: bench warmer) player;
3. Play the kids with Rondo, not aiming for anything but if we reach the playoffs its a bonus;
4. Compete;
Yeah, all that.  Oh, and keep your eyes open for any good deals.

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2014, 04:51:28 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
1. Bass+Joel to OKC for Perk and their 2015 first round pick.

2. Love to Cleveland: make it a Bizarre Love Triangle with Wolves and Cavs, snagging Shabazz+Bennet and sending Bogans, Babb and CJ + the Cavs pick going to Minny.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ktd692r

To Boston: Shabazz+Bennett
To Cleveland: Love
To Minnesota: Wiggins, Tristan Thompson, Bogans, Babb, CJ + Cavs picks (including the one they owe to the Celtics)

3. Trade Lil' Phil to Philly for a protected future second.

That puts the roster at 15 bodies:

Rondo/Smart/Turner
Bradley/Turner/Thornton/Young
Green/Wallace/Bennett/Shabazz
Sully/Kelly/Bennett
Perk/Zeller/Fav

4. Wait until the trade deadline an go all out for Marc Gasol.

Perk + Thornton + Zeller or Fav + a young wing + three first rounders could be a great return for Chris Wallace.

5. Contend in the East

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2014, 05:17:47 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I don't get why so many people want Perk so bad... I'll keep Bass (who is underrated for sure). I'm not saying Bass is all that but he's better than Perk! I don't care what everyone says. 0.0

Perk= Mythical god on CB.

Oh and on topic, a little trimming down and use our non-guarantees and maybe some second rounders to snag an under appreciated/utilized talent.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2014, 05:27:37 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
pretty sure it's obvious..  we all grow Olynyk hair

God I wish I could.....those were the days

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2014, 07:50:18 PM »

fitzhickey

No Perk please.

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2014, 08:02:23 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
I don't get why so many people want Perk so bad... I'll keep Bass (who is underrated for sure). I'm not saying Bass is all that but he's better than Perk! I don't care what everyone says. 0.0

Oh and on topic, a little trimming down and use our non-guarantees and maybe some second rounders to snag an under appreciated/utilized talent.

You forgot to add, that every trade scenario since 2008 involves Rondo.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2014, 08:02:42 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Yeah, Perk is pretty much a stiff who happened to be on the right team at the right time.  We wouldn't think of him as much more than Joel Anthony if circumstances were different.  Being a starter on a championship team adds a lot to a player's reputation.

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2014, 08:42:23 PM »

Offline Rick Robeys Return

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
  • The bringer of DJ

All other things being equal, right now Id rather have Perk on this roster than Bass. Perk can give 10 to 15 night of plus interior defense. Bass is taking minutes away from Sully and KO.

In fact, I think the next move to make is figuring out how to move Bass.

Obviously Bass is a superior player to Perk at this stage, but this doesnt change the reality of what's needed on our roster now. It does impact the reality of what DA might get back for Bass. But the fact that GS wouldnt take on Bass, giving us the trade exception doesnt bode well for the Bass market. DA may have to wait for the season when injuries start impacting other rosters....

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2014, 08:56:24 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

Agreed.

Bass should be #1 on the trading block, but not for Perk unless solid compensation.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.