Author Topic: Waiters: I want to start (Trade him to us for the 3-way deal), thread.  (Read 7939 times)

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
    “I want to start and I believe that I should at the two,” Waiters said.

During Summer League, Wiggins, if retained, says he views himself as a shooting guard rather than a three, which is a smart thing to say considering the position that new guy plays. So, if the roster currently constructed is the roster three months from now, Wiggins and Waiters will be battling it out.

“I just say how I feel,” he said. “I’m going to do whatever is best for the team, of course, but at the end of the day, I’m a man and I’m confident in myself. I’ve always been a guy that gives it right to you. I’ve never been a guy that plays that political stuff. I was brought up that way. I’m straightforward. I give my honest opinion. I’m not going to sit here and hide. They asked a question and I tell you.”

Cool. So in 30-60 days, a disgruntled Waiters will demand a trade.

So now in the 3-way trade, Ainge will offer Bogans who is the highest UN-guaranteed contract, and maybe send a pick, and a second rounder for Waiters.

Does anyone want him, or do people think his truthful and blunt honesty is another clear example of his 'attitude?'

I think Waiters can become a star in the making. He just needs a vote of confidence, and someone that believes in him, and is willing to work with him.

Our back court may be stuffed, but I would love to see Waiters on our team. Especially if Ainge can find a player to take on Marcus Thorntorn, and someone else.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
How many 2s do we already have? Bradley, Smart, Young, Thornton. If we move Young to the three and Smart plays PG backup, that leaves Bradley and Thornton.  The three position already has Uncle Jeff and Wallace. Best option for Waiters is for him to play the 5 hehehe
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I think Waiters is more Rashard McCants in the making than he is a misused Dwyane Wade.

Not worth it. Not worth giving up Bogans' contract, not worth the pick.

I'd be cool with a reclamation project like Evan Turner. A guy who went his 4 years and never got a QO.

McCants doesn't play that political stuff either. he just threw his entire school under the bus because he figured his NBA career was over because of blackballing.

EDIT: I'm a dummy. Fixed.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 10:47:02 AM by IndeedProceed »

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
How many 2s do we already have? Bradley, Smart, Young, Thornton. If we move Young to the three and Smart plays PG backup, that leaves Bradley and Thornton.  The three position already has Uncle Jeff and Wallace. Best option for Waiters is for him to play the 5 hehehe

That is true. I just think honestly Waiters has a great future.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I think Wiggins is more Rashard McCants in the making than he is a misused Dwyane Wade.

I'd be cool with a reclamation project like Evan Turner. A guy who went his 4 years and never got a QO.

McCants doesn't play that political stuff either. he just threw his entire school under the bus because he figured his NBA career was over because of blackballing.

Idk man, some of those moves in the summer league showed that he definitely has superstar potential, and this is coming from someone who wasn't that high on him because of the lack of a consistent motor.  That step back at times and the spin to split the double team that ended in a dunk was eye-popping for me, anyway. 

I thought that McCants was a really good shooter, so I'm a little confused as to why you'd compare Wiggins to him.  Why is he out of the league, anyway?  He certainly has talent.  I'm assuming it's character-related, right?

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
What's the point?  He shouldn't be starting if the Celtics acquired him, so he would still be disgruntled.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
Regardless of our backcourt situations, I'd definitely take a chance on Waiters for the right price.  If we can get him for Bogans and a future first (maybe not a Nets one), then I'd jump on that.  Yeah, we have a lot of guards, but Waiters is more talented than all of them except maybe Smart and those two could eventually be a killer backcourt on both ends.

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Regardless of our backcourt situations, I'd definitely take a chance on Waiters for the right price.  If we can get him for Bogans and a future first (maybe not a Nets one), then I'd jump on that.  Yeah, we have a lot of guards, but Waiters is more talented than all of them except maybe Smart and those two could eventually be a killer backcourt on both ends.

We could ship Pressey (to align things) and Babb and CJs unguaranteed contracts for him. But he still will not be starting over Bradley (that is if Bradley's ego decides to say that he is a starter);
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Syracuse not named Coleman or Anthony have not been good pros.   Pass.  Gimmick System.

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I think Wiggins is more Rashard McCants in the making than he is a misused Dwyane Wade.

Idk man, some of those moves in the summer league showed that he definitely has superstar potential, and this is coming from someone who wasn't that high on him because of the lack of a consistent motor.  That step back at times and the spin to split the double team that ended in a dunk was eye-popping for me, anyway. 

I thought that McCants was a really good shooter, so I'm a little confused as to why you'd compare Wiggins to him.  Why is he out of the league, anyway?  He certainly has talent.  I'm assuming it's character-related, right?

I'm guessing he may not have meant to type "Wiggins".

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Syracuse not named Coleman or Anthony have not been good pros.   Pass.  Gimmick System.

And Seikaly
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
if waiters want to start why would celtics be his destination? put him in OKC he will say yes

fitzhickey

I'm guessing he may not have meant to type "Wiggins".
I even read that as Waiters.

I am quite the big fan of Waiters, but don't see him fitting here at all.

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
If Waiters isn't humbled by playing with Lebron, he's got problems.  Ginobili comes off the bench.  Other great players including McHale have as well.  So why does Waiters feel he's too good for that role? 

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
If Waiters isn't humbled by playing with Lebron, he's got problems.  Ginobili comes off the bench.  Other great players including McHale have as well.  So why does Waiters feel he's too good for that role?
because he is on his rookie contract and wants to get as big a bump as possible when he is due for a new contract. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip