Author Topic: Will Michael Beasley even be in the league next year?  (Read 3661 times)

Re: Will Michael Beasley even be in the league next year?
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2014, 01:46:40 AM »

Offline BigDogPitbull

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
I'm surprised he hasn't signed with the Lakers for the minimum.  They've been quietly signing up some good young players for short money. 

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2014, 02:28:53 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Unless Snoop Dogg becomes his agent and wants to play with Harold and Kumar;
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2014, 03:41:34 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
It's been rumored that several unnamed teams are interested in him as a scorer off the bench.  He's currently working out in LA with Kevin Durant, so if you think the Thunder need a cheap backup SF, you can consider him a possibility.

It depends on if he is holding out for a starting job or is willing to accept being a reserve.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2014, 06:52:23 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Beasley was going to play in the NBA but he got high!

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2014, 07:02:12 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
I'm not sure how well he'd function there.

Meh.  They've got weed over there, too.  Does Amsterdam have a pro basketball team?

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2014, 08:27:21 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I'm not sure how well he'd function there.

Meh.  They've got weed over there, too.  Does Amsterdam have a pro basketball team?
Good point. Maybe he should go with a team in England, Ireland, or Australia so when he's stumbling around he can at least understand people

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2014, 09:25:54 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
It's been rumored that several unnamed teams are interested in him as a scorer off the bench.  He's currently working out in LA with Kevin Durant, so if you think the Thunder need a cheap backup SF, you can consider him a possibility.

It depends on if he is holding out for a starting job or is willing to accept being a reserve.

Based on his comments after signing with Miami last year, I don't think starting is an issue.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2014, 10:43:32 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
I think yes, he'll definitely be in the NBA. Health is not an issue. Skills are not an issue. It's the mental / behavioral aspect and certain teams will take that risk.

Brooklyn - Needs all the talent and help they can get

New York Knicks - Phil might want to try his Zen magic --- just look what he did w/ Worm

Lakers - Signing anybody right now . . .certainly, Beasley will be considered

Memphis - I could kind of see it. Strong locker room and discipline to keep him in line, but room for more scoring.

Charlotte - Are they too good for him now? They lost McRoberts and need a replacement, but might not want to get another hot head on that team to give Lance any bad ideas.