Author Topic: Will Michael Beasley even be in the league next year?  (Read 3691 times)

Will Michael Beasley even be in the league next year?
« on: July 29, 2014, 09:50:31 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I don't believe that Miami is interested in resigning him, but don't get the wrong idea - it's not like I want him here.  Any ideas as to where he might end up, because I honestly cannot think of a single team that would be interested in him.  He'd probably, along with Marshon Brooks, be a superstar in Europe.

Re: Will Michael Beasley even be in the league next year?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 09:54:33 PM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
Maybe a playoff team from Last year ala a Spurs or Thunder Clips maybe.

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 09:59:32 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I definitely think he'll be in the league next year. At least if he doesn't want lots of money. If he wants more money then overseas is definitely a possibility. I'm not sure how well he'd function there.

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 10:33:16 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I am sure he'll make a roster as an injury-reserve (as he did with Miami), but he'll have to impress if he wants any minutes.

For comparison's sake he can probably do more than Fav.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 10:37:16 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
another case of great talent and physical ability that is connected to a knuckle head. his bb IQ and motivation may be worse the gerald green's.

ha, maybe i should start an thread titled "all time nba great talent but a knucklehead."  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 11:04:01 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
another case of great talent and physical ability that is connected to a knuckle head. his bb IQ and motivation may be worse the gerald green's.

ha, maybe i should start an thread titled "all time nba great talent but a knucklehead."  ;D

I don't think Green is necessarily a knucklehead or not motivated. I think Green's biggest issue was he was 18 and never had to REALLY work at becoming better than the competition. Put those together and add a lot of money, not many 18 year olds are mature enough to get what it takes to get to the next level. Green has had his low, and his stint over seas gave him perspective, and now he's been playing some what good. Not his potential good, but he's at least improving, were Beasley has been getting worse.

Green is a classic case were I'm all for Silver to make kids stay in school for at least 2 years. At worst they should have to play a stint in the D-League for 2 years or till at least 20 years old.

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 11:10:23 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
It amazes me Beasley's only 25.

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 11:10:55 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
Green also lost a finger. Might have hurt his potential as a slasher thanks to diminished ball handling abilities.

afaik Beasley is still a tweener. Undersized at the 4, not that skilled for a 3.

It's not just knuckleheadedness with these two. Were they more ideal prospects they might have had an easier time. The likes of Blatche or Eddy Curry would better poster boys for talent overshadowed by laziness.

But hard work would definitely have allowed Green and Beasley to overcome their minor deficiencies.

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 11:36:06 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
If I were him I would want the money and superstar status in another country. You only live once

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 11:40:27 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I read somewhere that several teams were interested in him, but that might be coming from his agent.  He won't be getting much money, that's for sure.

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 11:44:58 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
If I were him I would want the money and superstar status in another country. You only live once

Starbury did that.

But might this be seen as a sign of having your tail between your legs and admitting you're not good enough for the big league?

I dunno. Never had much pride in my basketball abilities.

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2014, 11:53:22 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

I don't think Green is necessarily a knucklehead or not motivated. I think Green's biggest issue was he was 18 and never had to REALLY work at becoming better than the competition. Put those together and add a lot of money, not many 18 year olds are mature enough to get what it takes to get to the next level. Green has had his low, and his stint over seas gave him perspective, and now he's been playing some what good. Not his potential good, but he's at least improving, were Beasley has been getting worse.

Green is a classic case were I'm all for Silver to make kids stay in school for at least 2 years. At worst they should have to play a stint in the D-League for 2 years or till at least 20 years old.
Green is a classic case example for the minimum age to be 25 years old.  It took him a lot of years!

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 12:08:29 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

Starbury did that.

But might this be seen as a sign of having your tail between your legs and admitting you're not good enough for the big league?

I dunno. Never had much pride in my basketball abilities.

And what did he get out of it?

He's also getting his shoe line rebooted, as it were.

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2014, 12:45:11 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Green also lost a finger. Might have hurt his potential as a slasher thanks to diminished ball handling abilities.

afaik Beasley is still a tweener. Undersized at the 4, not that skilled for a 3.

It's not just knuckleheadedness with these two. Were they more ideal prospects they might have had an easier time. The likes of Blatche or Eddy Curry would better poster boys for talent overshadowed by laziness.

But hard work would definitely have allowed Green and Beasley to overcome their minor deficiencies.

Don't really think this applies to Beasley -- you'd have a hard time finding a better prospect than him. Obviously he didn't really pan out, but there's a reason he was in the conversation for being a #1 overall pick.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2014, 01:40:34 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
It amazes me Beasley's only 25.

Physically ;)