Author Topic: Sources: Bledsoe relationship with Suns on verge of irreparable  (Read 9695 times)

Re: Sources: Bledsoe relationship with Suns on verge of irreparable
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2014, 10:00:02 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Why in gods name would we give up Rondo for Bledsoe? We are are getting robbed in this trade? Bledsoe has been hurt almost every year.Rondo had one real injury. Now if they are willing to throw in a few first round picks like the Lakers next year something else maybe we can talk.

Rondo's five years away from five years away from being *two years away from being 40.

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2014, 10:05:17 PM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
Why in gods name would we give up Rondo for Bledsoe? We are are getting robbed in this trade? Bledsoe has been hurt almost every year.Rondo had one real injury. Now if they are willing to throw in a few first round picks like the Lakers next year something else maybe we can talk.

Rondo's five years away from five years away from being *two years away from being 40.

Your point to this is what?

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2014, 10:09:32 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

I would think Ainge would certainly inquire about this.

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2014, 10:16:29 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Your point to this is what?

It's a reference to this: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2111373-fran-fraschilla-believes-bruno-caboclo-is-2-years-away-from-being-2-year-away

And Celticsblog's tendency to round up Rondo's age.

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2014, 10:27:04 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I think 12 million a year is fair for a guy that can't stay healthy.  He should sign the Sun's offer immediately.

This

And this.

Rondo for Bledsoe would be an awful deal. And Bledsoe's crazy to holdout for a max. If I was the Suns I wouldn't even give him the 12 mil at this point. That's more than fair.

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2014, 10:42:38 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I think a lot of people (including myself) would rather see Rondo stay and then see the Celts acquire a couple stars to pair with him.

However, similarly to what the Sox are going through right now with Lester, if you're not going to resign him beyond this season then shouldn't you get something for him now?

I think what's frustrating is its hard to figure out what the long-term direction of this team is right now.

In other words, the Celts didn't get a top 3 pick, doesn't look like they're getting Kevin Love, sooooooo what direction do they take now?

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2014, 10:51:55 PM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
I think a lot of people (including myself) would rather see Rondo stay and then see the Celts acquire a couple stars to pair with him.

However, similarly to what the Sox are going through right now with Lester, if you're not going to resign him beyond this season then shouldn't you get something for him now?

I think what's frustrating is its hard to figure out what the long-term direction of this team is right now.

In other words, the Celts didn't get a top 3 pick, doesn't look like they're getting Kevin Love, sooooooo what direction do they take now?

Easy a rebuild with your best player. Give him a fair contract and build a team around him.Play his kind of basketball a run and gun style of offense which they are doing by going young.This team will be fun to watch next year and years to come. Even if we are bad for 2 years that puts Rondo at 30 still has 5 good years left in him at that age to contend for a title.

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2014, 10:55:13 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If Rondo indicated he wasn't going to re-sign with us since we weren't able to pair him with a star then I would do a Rondo for Bledsoe deal now.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2014, 12:17:35 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Sully + Bradley for Bledsoe @ 14 mil might not be the worst.  With Smart, we could keep that offense going all game. 

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2014, 12:27:21 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
The whole "damaged beyond repair" is a bargaining ploy. Phoenix is the only team that'll offer him a max contract. If Bledsoe takes the QO, not only would he have a no-trade veto, he'd lose his bird rights if he was traded after he signs it. With his injury history, it'd take a leap of faith to accept the QO.

His only course of action is to take what Phoenix gives him, or get a max salary offer sheet from another team. And the max offer sheet from anyone outside of Phoenix is looking more and more like a pipe dream.

He's basically saying, "I'm so seriously leaving right now. Don't try and stop me...", then he peeking around the door looking hopeful after he walked through it. Reeks of desperation.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2014, 12:27:50 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Sully + Bradley for Bledsoe @ 14 mil might not be the worst.  With Smart, we could keep that offense going all game.

I would love to see a back court of Rondo, Bledsoe, and Smart. I think those 3 players may have shooting issues, but their all leaders, great defenders, athletic players, and very smart/aggressive in how they create offense with drives/kick out passes.

A back court rotation of Rondo, Bledsoe, and Smart would probably be one of the best defensive back courts.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2014, 12:39:35 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Can't trade Bradley until Jan 15.  Bledsoe should have signed by then.

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2014, 01:02:04 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Suns have assets to trade for Rondo. I posted on the topic a few days ago but this adds fuel to the fire. Would love to see either:

Bledsoe and Alex Len for Rondo (and Bogans or Bass)
Bledsoe, Len and TJ Warren for Rondo, Sully/KO, Bogans

Not sure Bledsoe is worth the max, he is if he continues last year's stellar play but he could easily end up as meh value. This trade would be more about grabbing Len and Teej, two young guys I really really like. Len didn't get much of a chance last year, but in a few years he be a top 5 center in the league. Teej really impressed me in SL with his absolute dominance in the paint, he is a uniquely talented scorer who only needs to develop range on his jumper. I'd add a pick to the latter deal if necessary, I value TJ way more than Sully.

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2014, 02:10:28 AM »

Offline BigDogPitbull

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
I like a backcourt rotation of Rondo Bradley and Smart.  Seems like Bledsoe thinks he's way better then he really is.  I wouldn't trade a guy like Bradley for him.  Bradley seems like a guy that really works on his game every off season.

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2014, 02:13:04 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I'd prefer Rondo but Rondo's expiring deal for Bledsoe locked up for 4 years more than fair to me....
I don't know why people are whining about Bledsoe's injury history.
Rondo's last three seasons have entailed:
2011-12: 53 games
2012-13: 38 games
2013-14: 30 games
=121 games
vs Bledsoe's
=159 games

in the same three years. To be fair Rajon has played about 1000 more minutes than Bledsoe because Bled was playing a sophomore 11.6 minutes in LAC and then injured, but he was suited up for 38 more games than Rondo.

Eric Bledsoe on 12-13 million a year for 4 years, right before the new NBA TV deal comes out and guys like him fetch an easy $15 million a year is a very team friendly deal.

He suffered a torn meniscus originally in LA, and then had meniscal cartilage surgery this year in January. I can understand why people would be cautious, but Rondo's a constant injury risk too and he's 28 years old. Bledsoe is 24 years old.
The good thing is that Rondo seems to be changing his game in ways to take pressure and contact off that knee, which will probably reduce his injury risk long term.
Bledsoe reminds me of Rondo in the 2008-2012 era where he would throw his body around constantly- very hard on a smaller guards body and joints.

I like Rondo at $16 million for 4 years before Bledsoe though. I just think they're both great players and Bledsoe will only get better over the next 2-3 seasons.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.