Author Topic: Sources: Bledsoe relationship with Suns on verge of irreparable  (Read 9693 times)

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Found this interesting.

If Danny isn't planning on extending Rondo, I wonder if he offers him in a possible S/T scenario to Phoenix for Bledsoe.

Also, didn't the GM of the Suns used to work for the Celts?

http://prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=315064

Re: Sources: Bledsoe relationship with Suns on verge of irreparable
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 07:44:32 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
is Hornacek to be the one to blame here?? He called Bledsoe “a Top-10 player in the NBA in coming years.

Bledsoe and his agent are using this as a negotiation tool.

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 07:46:00 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
is Hornacek to be the one to blame here?? He called Bledsoe “a Top-10 player in the NBA in coming years.

Perhaps. They did rush out and sign IT as well, who I'm sure was promised significant minutes.

I'm starting to feel Bledsoe may indeed be sent elsewhere.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 08:06:44 PM »

Offline BigDogPitbull

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
I think 12 million a year is fair for a guy that can't stay healthy.  He should sign the Sun's offer immediately.

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 08:24:06 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I feel like the IT signing is a pretty good indicator of Phoenix's regard for Bledsoe's feelings.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 08:37:28 PM by Nerf DPOY »

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 09:04:05 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
He's restricted, but he wants a max deal. I mean, it makes perfect sense for the Suns to lowball him and let the market decide his value. I don't understand why he's so upset. He also missed the second half of the season due to knee surgery.

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 09:06:34 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Found this interesting.

If Danny isn't planning on extending Rondo, I wonder if he offers him in a possible S/T scenario to Phoenix for Bledsoe.

If we are going to pay one of those two guys a max deal, then I much prefer to give it to Rondo.

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 09:15:54 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Found this interesting.

If we are going to pay one of those two guys a max deal, then I much prefer to give it to Rondo.

I would too, although I'd note that Bledsoe's max will be $4-5 million less per year than Rondo.  I'd still prefer Rondo, but the max deal isn't apples to apples.

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 09:17:30 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

It's clearly been a successful negotiating tool too.  And Bledsoe's been asking for a max since he was on the Clippers.

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 09:19:34 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
it is an interesting thought (and this is coming from a big big Rondo fan)
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 09:23:31 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Suns will cave in the end.

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2014, 09:26:12 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Suns will cave in the end.

I don't think so. They have no reason to cave. They can match any offer he potentially signs. If he doesn't get an offer that he likes, he will sign a qualifying offer with the Suns for 1 year, or take their offer of 12 million per year for 4 years. Considering his injury history, a qualifying 1 year offer would be a risk for him.

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2014, 09:28:48 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Found this interesting.

I would too, although I'd note that Bledsoe's max will be $4-5 million less per year than Rondo.  I'd still prefer Rondo, but the max deal isn't apples to apples.

Good point. But yeah, I'd still prefer to give Rondo the money. Rondo at least has been a starter on two Finals teams, 1 championship team, has been an all-star, and has lead the league in assists. What has Bledsoe done to deserve a max deal? He was a bench player on an average Clippers team, and a starter on a lottery bound Suns team for half a season before he blew out his knee, and now he wants max money? Him and Rubio are crazy. I hope they both get poor contracts.

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2014, 09:40:45 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Found this interesting.

Good point. But yeah, I'd still prefer to give Rondo the money. Rondo at least has been a starter on two Finals teams, 1 championship team, has been an all-star, and has lead the league in assists. What has Bledsoe done to deserve a max deal? He was a bench player on an average Clippers team, and a starter on a lottery bound Suns team for half a season before he blew out his knee, and now he wants max money? Him and Rubio are crazy. I hope they both get poor contracts.

Bledsoe is an awesome player, although he does seem to be the Leon Powe of point guards :'(  Still, I think it's important to point out that Phoenix was 28-15 with him, so it's not like they were crap.  For most of the year they were in the playoff race out west, which is quite impressive, and a lot of that was because of the play of the, "mini Lebron."

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bledser01/splits/2014/

Besides, why get him when we have Rondo?  The guy we should try to get from them is TJ Warren, maybe for Jeff Green?  Ahahahahaha what a ripoff that would be ;D

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2014, 09:57:51 PM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
Why in gods name would we give up Rondo for Bledsoe? We are are getting robbed in this trade? Bledsoe has been hurt almost every year.Rondo had one real injury. Now if they are willing to throw in a few first round picks like the Lakers next year something else maybe we can talk.