Author Topic: James Young cleared to practice  (Read 1355 times)

James Young cleared to practice
« on: July 29, 2014, 04:38:01 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Former Kentucky guard James Young says he is "good to go" after a concussion that kept the Boston Celtics' first-round draft pick from playing in the NBA's summer league.

Young sustained the concussion and whiplash in a car accident before last month's NBA draft. The Celtics chose the 6-foot-6 swingman 17th overall with its second first-round pick - Boston selected Oklahoma State guard Marcus Smart sixth overall with the first - but held Young out of practices and the competition for rookies and free agents in Orlando.

Young said Tuesday that he was cleared to practice a "few days ago", adding that the scary rear-end collision showed him "how fast things can change. It really opened my eyes about things and I'm very blessed that I'm here and still playing."

http://www.wkyt.com/sports/headlines/James-Young-cleared-to-practice-with-Celtics-269083201.html

Re: James Young cleared to practice
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 04:58:08 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Good news.

Can I dream and say Young for League MVP in 2020?

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 05:27:29 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I was really looking forward to seeing him play in SL. So I guess we'll just have to wait until Preseason. There was a lot of talk about it. Even Rondo said some thing about what he did in work outs. Some of the "experts" were saying he would have gone higher if it wasn't for the accident keeping him out of work outs.

If this is all true and no BS, the C's may have gotten away with one.

He was good in the tourney and didn't shy away from the big shots. Thats what I really like about him. And the dude is only 18, I think 19 in August? I just wish there wasn't such a log jam at the guard, and now SF position. Kid may be playing in Maine to keep loose. Just hope it doesn't hurt his confidence.

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 06:16:50 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I was really looking forward to seeing him play in SL. So I guess we'll just have to wait until Preseason. There was a lot of talk about it. Even Rondo said some thing about what he did in work outs. Some of the "experts" were saying he would have gone higher if it wasn't for the accident keeping him out of work outs.

If this is all true and no BS, the C's may have gotten away with one.

He was good in the tourney and didn't shy away from the big shots. Thats what I really like about him. And the dude is only 18, I think 19 in August? I just wish there wasn't such a log jam at the guard, and now SF position. Kid may be playing in Maine to keep loose. Just hope it doesn't hurt his confidence.

I could not have said it any better myself, TP.  Hopefully he'll be awesome!  I'm with you about the logjam at the guard and sf positions, though, because I really want him to get a lot of playing time this year, but, sadly, I doubt that that will happen.  Now, if we could only move Jeff Green, I think he would be a part of the 8-man rotation off the bench, provided that Turner starts.

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 08:41:42 PM »

Offline Londongreen

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
Or Let turner start, Crawford him. Let green continue with young of the bench. Hopefully Green exercises his option and leaves. Then more cap space, let people and more for out rookies and sophmores. Cause Green is good and green >> Turner.

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 09:19:05 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Hope his game works out in the NBA

I sure was impressed with his shooting in the tourney

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 09:29:44 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Good news.

Holy smokes 2020 is actually only a few years away...

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 09:52:33 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Good news.

Holy smokes 2020 is actually only a few years away...

Yeah, when did this happen? ;D

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 09:33:26 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I think Young could be a star at the SG position.

He may be the only shooter on our team.