Author Topic: What are the Wizards' chances of running .... "Treadmill of Mediocrity"  (Read 6304 times)

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Also what are people's feelings on Otto Porter's potential?  He was a top 3 pick, and just had a nice summer league.

I feel that there's a good chance he can perform at a level somewhere between poor man's Jeff Green and rich man's Jeff Green.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I actually think Washington could be a real contender depending on how Wall and Beal develop.  They aren't ever going to be one of those consistent contenders like San Antonio, Miami and Boston, etc., but I could certainly see them in the Orlando (with Dwight) mold, which is a lot different than Atlanta has been.

I agree with Moranis.
I think if Beal and Wall become All Stars, particularly in the next 2 seasons, they'll be able to attract a major free agent to the city and even without that major FA, they'll be contenders in the East for the next 7-8 years.

Keep in mind that the Wizards long term goal is to sign Kevin Durant, because Durant is from Washington and he's said the only place he'd leave OKC for is Washington.

Pierce is only on a 2 year deal, he's tradeable next season as an expiring to someone like the Clippers, and Gortat is a solid rebounding big man who does an okay job of protecting the rim.

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
the cleveland bench are still better than wizards bench,
who is wizards main scorer from the bench humphries? then something is wrong