who will advance to the finals

Washington Wizards
3 (27.3%)
Cleveland Cavaliers
5 (45.5%)
Chicago Bulls
3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: if washington or cleveland or chicago meet in ECF FINALS who would win?  (Read 4145 times)

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
i sense a kevin love on cleveland so come playoffs, lebron will definitely make a push though ECF
and wizards can advance too, loosing ariza (defense etc;) but adding pierce, also blair and humphries for booker and harrington are much better upgrade than those 2

heat will depend on d-wade health and bosh rebounding (minus lebron rebounds) and chalmers game play, minus 3point shooters of battier allen jones
and pacers loosing a ball handler stephenson and no legit PG not name hill

hawks are not hard for wizards or cleveland to beat,
even a young raptors with quick lowry, it will depend in how wall and irving stop this guy plus a wizards team with a lot of bigman, and cleveland with a healthy varejao and love tandem

bulls upgrading a little bit of pau gasol but...no scorers from the bench and a sure helpful luol deng type of player, not sure on mirotic guy
and base on last playoffs appearance of charlotte, adding stephenson is not enough unless 3 or 4 guys step up

and nets are injury prone players, and even though they are all healthy, brown karasev bogdanovic are still unknown players and no playoffs experienced
knicks need more upgrade and celtics might make it

share your opinions and comments
thanks
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 10:45:03 AM by MISSERY »

Re: if washington and cleveland meet in ECF FINALS who would win?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 08:11:26 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
wall vs irving
beal vs waiters
pierce vs lebron
nene vs love
gortat vs healthy varejao

bench
miller/temple vs ?
rice jr. vs allen/wiggins
webster/porter/another one SF vs. allen/miller/jones
gooden/humphries vs thomspson/ ?
blair/seraphin vs ?

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 08:45:43 AM »

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13
Cavs easily win. Indiana was begging to sent home but the Wizards did not endure the pressure. When Lebron has a psychological edge over a team like the Bulls or Pacers his team will not lose the series. Wall needs to be a superstar to even have a chance for the upset.

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 08:48:00 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
I dont agree with your assesment of the eat because I think the Bulls willl be very tough. If Rose is 75% the player he was before the injury they should win the east this year. Noah, Gasol and Gibson are a great group of bigs who compliment each other very well. On the wings the bulls have alot of depth with Dunleavy, Butler, Snell and the Rookies Mcdermott and Mirotic. I think this group is going to come together to give the bulls a very versatile SG/SF rotation with great size.

As for the Wiz vs Cavs I think that matchup comes down to Wall vs Lebron. Irving cant guard Wall or Beal and Pierce at this stage is really up against it with Lebron. If Wall absolutly dominates the Wiz win. If he is matches Irvings production the James is to much for them to overcome. I think a dark horse in this debate is also Washingtons depth in the front court Gortat, Nene, Humph, Blair and Seraphine are all big bodys and alot of fouls with may help to keep Lebron from running all over them.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 09:10:52 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
I dont agree with your assesment of the eat because I think the Bulls willl be very tough. If Rose is 75% the player he was before the injury they should win the east this year. Noah, Gasol and Gibson are a great group of bigs who compliment each other very well. On the wings the bulls have alot of depth with Dunleavy, Butler, Snell and the Rookies Mcdermott and Mirotic. I think this group is going to come together to give the bulls a very versatile SG/SF rotation with great size.

As for the Wiz vs Cavs I think that matchup comes down to Wall vs Lebron. Irving cant guard Wall or Beal and Pierce at this stage is really up against it with Lebron. If Wall absolutly dominates the Wiz win. If he is matches Irvings production the James is to much for them to overcome. I think a dark horse in this debate is also Washingtons depth in the front court Gortat, Nene, Humph, Blair and Seraphine are all big bodys and alot of fouls with may help to keep Lebron from running all over them.

i agree in some of your explanations but i don't think bulls trio of noah gibson gasol are better than humphries blair nene gortat gooden, maybe bulls bench are better but the reason the bulls are winning is because of noah 40minutes a game and augustin from last season, yes gasol is an upgrade over boozer, but most offense of the bulls come from the inside so wizards clogging the paint wouldn't be a problem

and yes the hawks almost beat the pacers, and pacers lose stephenson but still hawks are not winning on wizards nor cleveland

i pick cleveland because lebron will dominate the playoffs, he carried the heat to the finals many times and last playoffs, most players of the heat relied on lebron so much, what did chalmers wade bosh did to help win, even at least 2 wins?, and yes charlotte are easy opponents and in nets game, its lebron who dominated the game

wizards are a team for me that people think are not contenders but might surprised us, even without pierce they will still make the playoffs so facing the pacers again, loosing stephenson but replacing him with stuckey,
bigs vs bigs, scola west vs. gooden humphries pierce and gortat nene vs. hibbert and mahinmi should be enough

and again charlotte having lance is not a threat come playoffs, if they just rely on lance and jefferson, its not enough to advance 2nd round
lock down lowry and outrebound valencuinas, any team can win, never-mind ross and drozen

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 09:26:43 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Can I vote Chicago?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 09:38:02 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
Can I vote Chicago?

chicago will not make it to ECF

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 09:39:16 AM »

Offline kgfor3

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
Can I vote Chicago?

I'm tempted to go Charlotte.

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 09:48:36 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
Can I vote Chicago?
This isn't a prediction thread.  It is a who would win thread.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 09:48:56 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Can I vote Chicago?

chicago will not make it to ECF

That's not what my crystal ball says. Looks like we've got conflicting sources.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 09:49:21 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Can I vote Chicago?

Sure, but I reject the premise -- that is, that the Wizards and the Cavs are locks for the ECF.

Between the two, I think Cleveland takes it if both teams are healthy.

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2014, 09:52:27 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
Can I vote Chicago?

Sure, but I reject the premise -- that is, that the Wizards and the Cavs are locks for the ECF.

he didn't say they were locks, just what he thought and then asked who would win.  Not sure why you even bothered to post in the thread if you aren't going to contribute to the actual thread topic.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2014, 09:54:59 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Can I vote Chicago?

he didn't say they were locks, just what he thought and then asked who would win.  Not sure why you even bothered to post in the thread if you aren't going to contribute to the actual thread topic.

Do you need a hug?

Missery directly referenced why the Bulls weren't good enough to make it in the original post. I don't know if I buy it. Why did you bother to get contentious without any reason to do so?

"share your opinions and thoughts" would seem to indicate that everything he posted is up for grabs, not just "answer the poll and post why."

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2014, 09:57:41 AM »

Offline ram

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
I'm with the group picking Chicago, if healthy.

Having bigs that can pass is an underrated quality and a tremendous asset to have.

Gasol and Noah both are great passers and that is going to make them very difficult to guard.  If Rose is anywhere near the old Rose, they will be a force.

Gasol and Noah both are quick and can run.  That puts a lot of pressure on the other team's bigs to keep up.

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2014, 10:00:15 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Cleveland by a landslide. If Washington and CLE met, I would assume it would look like Rose and the Bulls vs Cleveland and Miami in their meetings