Author Topic: Why move topics in the forums, when the front page features other teams?  (Read 4340 times)

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Just wondering why SB Nation Celtic Blog is allowed to put up articles as the one I posted above on the Wizards ["Treadmill of Mediocrity"].  Yet, if we post something about another team it gets moved.  This is an inequality.  We shouldn't be treated as second class citizens because we are 'Forum' based. 
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 09:37:23 AM by Roy H. »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't understand your criticism, but I'll try to answer as best I can.

CelticsBlog is part of the SB Network, so occasionally, the "front page" will feature articles about other teams, especially if they might be interesting to Celtics fans.  The vast majority of the content is Celtics-related.

The forums are different.  We don't share them with any other blogs; they're entirely unique to CelticsBlog.  Within the forums, we've got a bunch of separate forums, like Celtics Talk, Around The NBA, etc.  There isn't a hierarchy in terms of what topics are "worthy" or anything like that.  Rather, it's just a way to keep things organized.  So, if something is in Celtics Talk, it's because it's primarily related to the current Celtics team or the direction of the franchise, etc.  If you're talking about former players who are still in the NBA, or just discussing another team entirely, that would go in the Around The NBA forum.  It's all hosted here on CelticsBlog, though; it's not like we're shipping that conversation to another blog.

So, I don't understand the criticism about being second class citizens or the claim of an inequality.  I'm happy to help explain and/or correct any concerns that you have, though.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
ditto what Roy H. said

FYI: I'm the one that picks the articles that go on the front page from other blogs and I usually pick ones (as Roy says) that would interest Celtics fans for some reason
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Sorry, didn't mean to be insulting or overly critical.  You are doing a great job....thank you!  I agree that having multiple topic categories makes for a cleaner and more organized site.  On the other hand there is only so much time in a day that one can spend checking out various links.  After looking over the Celticsblog site and the general talk forum link I move on to other fields of interest.  I guess I could check out the other forum links from time to time if I wish.