Author Topic: BOS/SAC/PHI Trade Idea (Midseason Trade)  (Read 1743 times)

BOS/SAC/PHI Trade Idea (Midseason Trade)
« on: July 28, 2014, 11:14:32 PM »

Offline diconzo

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 85
Would you consider this a fair return for Rondo? I could see Philly not wanting to move Noel, but midseason if Embiid is impressing, Noel will be on the block. And we already know SAC is interested in Rondo. If Philly asked for the 2016 Cleveland Pick instead of their pick back, would you still do it?

Boston Trades: Rondo, 2015 LAC Pick, 2015 PHI Pick
Boston Gets: Noel, Stauskas

Sacramento Trades: Williams, McLemore, Stauskas
Sacramento Gets: Rondo

Philadelphia Trades: Noel
Philadelphia Gets: Williams, McLemore, 2015 LAC Pick, 2015 PHI Pick

Re: BOS/SAC/PHI Trade Idea (Midseason Trade)
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 02:26:27 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Would you consider this a fair return for Rondo? I could see Philly not wanting to move Noel, but midseason if Embiid is impressing, Noel will be on the block. And we already know SAC is interested in Rondo. If Philly asked for the 2016 Cleveland Pick instead of their pick back, would you still do it?

Boston Trades: Rondo, 2015 LAC Pick, 2015 PHI Pick
Boston Gets: Noel, Stauskas

Sacramento Trades: Williams, McLemore, Stauskas
Sacramento Gets: Rondo

Philadelphia Trades: Noel
Philadelphia Gets: Williams, McLemore, 2015 LAC Pick, 2015 PHI Pick

Please repeat after me.  The Sixers aren't trading Noel

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 02:30:42 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I would do that trade in a heartbeat, but I don't think Philly even considers that proposal.

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 02:37:53 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
McLemore is so bad I doubt anyone wants him?

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 02:54:30 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
so you want to give up Rondo -- the only proven player in the entire deal (not to mention all-star and a top PG in the league) AS WELL AS 2 FIRST ROUNDERS for 2 rookies that haven't played an NBA game INCLUDING a player we could have selected ourselves but passed on?

ignoring the financial imbalance of the trade, this is a horrid, horrid, horrid return on Rondo. 

Noel, assuming he plays up to the pre-injury hype, has an extremely limited offensive game and that's being kind.  Stauskas may be a starting-quality SG eventually if you're lucky, nevermind being an all-star or someone who's eventually in the discussions for best at his position.

why would anyone consider this a good deal for the C's?  Why?

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 03:19:55 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
so you want to give up Rondo -- the only proven player in the entire deal (not to mention all-star and a top PG in the league) AS WELL AS 2 FIRST ROUNDERS for 2 rookies that haven't played an NBA game INCLUDING a player we could have selected ourselves but passed on?

ignoring the financial imbalance of the trade, this is a horrid, horrid, horrid return on Rondo. 

Noel, assuming he plays up to the pre-injury hype, has an extremely limited offensive game and that's being kind.  Stauskas may be a starting-quality SG eventually if you're lucky, nevermind being an all-star or someone who's eventually in the discussions for best at his position.

Are you serious?  The Celtics would only control the rights of Rondo for a couple more months, so for that they get a lights out shooter and a post who can protect the rim who is from Boston (Everett actually, while Staukas went to school in Boston) so the C's would control their rights for a few years and give up some late round picks (of which they have millions).  I don't see why Philly would make that trade, but I see why this would intrigue the Celts.  Although this will never ever happen.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 03:24:33 PM »

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13
Philadelphia would never do it.

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 03:27:39 PM »

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13

Just for the first rounders:
Clippers pick is not really a first. It will be in the 25-30 pick range.
Sixers pick is literally not a first round pick. It will become 2 second round picks.

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 03:35:14 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

Homerism at its best. This trade is grossly lopsided in favor of the Cs and you're posting like it's a pile of poo.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 04:55:11 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Tbh, Noel's value is probably as high now as it is ever going to be. Once he starts playing games and he isn't Anthony Davis, then people will laugh at this trade in the other direction. I get it, rookies have a lot of potential - especially top 10 rookies. But, neither of these guys were even in the top 5 (not even Noel who was in a pretty crappy draft class) and when you look back at past drafts, very few top 10 players live up [anywhere close] to where they were selected.

If I were Philly, I would jump all over a trade of Noel now that they have Embiid - if he can fetch somebody the caliber of Rondo, that would be huge for them.

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 06:06:39 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
If I were Philly, I would jump all over a trade of Noel now that they have Embiid - if he can fetch somebody the caliber of Rondo, that would be huge for them.

They are way too early in their rebuild to start selling off potential foundational pieces.  Embiid's more than likely not even going to play this year, so what would be the point of trading Noel?  They can worry about fit later on, right now it's just asset collection.