Author Topic: Evan Turner’s Agent: Larry Bird Told Me Turner Could Average 17, 6 And 5  (Read 7868 times)

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Hasn't Evan Turner already done 17-6-5 while with Philly?

Exactly.

Personally, I like this signing.  Here's hoping he reverts back to Philly days.

He was very inefficient.

In addition to reverting, I really hope he gets a jumper. Even if it's "just" a spot up jumper. Ideally a 3.

From what I've read he'd be pretty darn good with a jumper. Can imagine his efficiency would go up, in addition to being able to play off the ball.

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Hasn't Evan Turner already done 17-6-5 while with Philly?

Exactly.

Personally, I like this signing.  Here's hoping he reverts back to Philly days.

He was very inefficient.

In addition to reverting, I really hope he gets a jumper. Even if it's "just" a spot up jumper. Ideally a 3.

From what I've read he'd be pretty darn good with a jumper. Can imagine his efficiency would go up, in addition to being able to play off the ball.

I'm actually very excited to see what Evan can bring. Outside of being a tier 2 athlete (he doesn't jump out of the gym and such), he's got a lot of attributes and skills to build upon. Stevens sounds delighted to have the guy and as mentioned above, Turner has pretty much averaged the numbers mentioned before. He just needs to get more efficient in doing so, and do it within the team concept and a winning team concept at that! Bring on training camp.

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
I can see why Turner is here. The real question is why Thorton. Yes we need a reliable 3 pt shooter, but that is not him. He is too streaky. We have unhealthy depth at SG / SF positions, with no clear Alpha dogs. Turner, Green, Thorton can all score; however Thorton and Turner are both coming off disappointing seasons and have something to prove. This could have a negative impact on Green and Bradley if they get fewer minutes. Don't see it as a clear improvement unless we are just collecting assets which does not translate into winning games.

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I can see why Turner is here. The real question is why Thorton. Yes we need a reliable 3 pt shooter, but that is not him. He is too streaky. We have unhealthy depth at SG / SF positions, with no clear Alpha dogs. Turner, Green, Thorton can all score; however Thorton and Turner are both coming off disappointing seasons and have something to prove. This could have a negative impact on Green and Bradley if they get fewer minutes. Don't see it as a clear improvement unless we are just collecting assets which does not translate into winning games.
Thorton is the salary filler that we absorbed to get a first round pick and young C prospect (Zeller).

No one wants to pay him 8 million dollars including the C's. He was not brought here to play, even if they will spin the wheels on him and see if he can become a flippable guy at the trade deadline.

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
What happened to the league?

Since when is 17/6/5 a max type player? Ohhhh, the sports agent said that?

The league's historical, all-time HoF greats are kicking themselves, wishing they were born later, so they could be collecting this modern "pay day".

Yeah, Charles Barkley is rolling in his grave hearing these salaries !

Who put Barkley in a grave?
Same guy who put Larry Bird in his grave.