Author Topic: Evan Turner’s Agent: Larry Bird Told Me Turner Could Average 17, 6 And 5  (Read 7838 times)

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
Maybe in the D-League.

I mean he could be good, but those are All-Star 2nd team type numbers.

To put that in perspective:
Klay Thompson: 18, 3, 2
Lance: 14, 7, 5
Loul Deng: 16, 6, 3
Kawhi: 16, 8, 3

That would be like a whole other level that we just picked up for the mid level.
yeah but he basically did that in Philadelphia.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
I like the way Falk bangs around Philly and in a roundabout way Hinkie's scorched earth policy:

Evan Turner's agent, David Falk, believes the Philadelphia 76ers didn't make an expecially strong trade in dealing his client to the Indiana Pacers.

?I don?t think it?s about expectations,? Falk said. ?I think he and Jrue Holiday were terrific together. And we had asked Philadelphia his entire fourth year, repeatedly, we urged him to please not trade [Turner]. He was really having fun. He was very productive playing for Brett Brown. and it?s not like they got a lot for the trade [to Indiana].

?They got a second-round pick for he and Lavoy Allen, and had to pay off many millions of dollars to Danny Granger to make the deal. I don?t think it was exactly a blockbuster deal for Philly. The situation could have been better.?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/234442/Falk-Trading-Turner-Wasnt-Blockbuster-For-76ers

I truly hope that shameless GM of Philly fails miserably in his strategy.

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Players who have averaged at least 17/6/5 at least once in the past ten seasons:

Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, Andre Iguodala, and Tracy McGrady once.  Lebron James, ten times.

Players who have averaged 16/5/4 at least once in the past five seasons.
Michael Carter-Williams, Tyreke Evans, Paul George, Gordon Hayward, Andre Iguodala, Kevin Love, Chandler Parsons, Josh Smith, Dwyane Wade once.  Kevin Durant, Paul Pierce, Russell Westbrook twice. Kobe Bryant four times.  Lebron James five times.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Larry obviously changed his mind.

Well to be fair, I think having at least a few key players on his roster hating Turner, including his superstar Paul George, contributed to that decision.

Yup, if your lockerroom chemistry is taking a dive, it's not worth keeping Turner even if he is talented.  Hopefully Turner blossoms in Boston.  If he doesn't we only lost part of our MLE to sign him and can probably ship him out again at the trade deadline.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Larry obviously changed his mind.

Well to be fair, I think having at least a few key players on his roster hating Turner, including his superstar Paul George, contributed to that decision.

But George and Evan hung out a lot off the court. I follow Paul on Instagram and at one point, there were pics of them fishing and shopping.

I know there was a fight during a practice between Evan and Lance, but I hadn't heard too much about Evan being disliked by other teammates.

And you lost me ;D  Haha, I know about that picture.  Someone else posted that very one in a thread I made about McRoberts and Granger signing with the heat.

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I really wonder what his role will be. Will it be as a bench player? He was horrible as a bench player in Indy.

I don't like him starting next to rondo honestly. Both are too ball dominant.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I really wonder what his role will be. Will it be as a bench player? He was horrible as a bench player in Indy.

My thoughts exactly.  Hopefully, they'll figure it out.

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Fab Melo's agent, "Jim Boeheim told me that Fab is going to be a double-double machine in the NBA....."

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Fab Melo's agent, "Jim Boeheim told me that Fab is going to be a double-double machine in the NBA....."
;D
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

His role might simply be "guy who prevents them from having to start Wallace if Green is injured".
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
What happened to the league?

Since when is 17/6/5 a max type player? Ohhhh, the sports agent said that?

The league's historical, all-time HoF greats are kicking themselves, wishing they were born later, so they could be collecting this modern "pay day".

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
If we are really putting 17/6/4 on a high stool, then Jeff Green's 17/5/2 isn't that far off.

And yes, we are not paying Jeff Green max money. But if he can get max money in a year or two or in the near future, he will.

Most of us would also be looking for the next better job, with higher pay, increased benefits etc.

These pro athletes with rare talents can do the same.

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
Among guys who averaged at least 16/5/4 at least once in the past five seasons, the lowest paid players for next season will be MCW, Paul Pierce, and Tyreke Evans.  Young wings who can put up those numbers, but not significantly higher in any category, are probably going to be perceived as somewhere between Tyreke Evans and Gordon Hayward/Chandler Parsons and likely to end up overpaid to a similar degree.

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I think Bird is spot on. In the right environment, Turner could average those numbers. Let's hope Stevens can get that out of him.

In the right environment 90% of the NBA "could" potentially average those numbers.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
What happened to the league?

Since when is 17/6/5 a max type player? Ohhhh, the sports agent said that?

The league's historical, all-time HoF greats are kicking themselves, wishing they were born later, so they could be collecting this modern "pay day".

Yeah, Charles Barkley is rolling in his grave hearing these salaries !