Author Topic: Wolves reportedly interested in Thaddeus Young as potential Love replacement  (Read 4054 times)

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Will be interesting to see what they do with Pekovic.

I know Pek doesn't exactly fit with what the Celtics have going on right now, but he's quite a talent at the center position who could be the pivot piece for a very good team if it's built the right way.  Wouldn't be shocked if Danny bought low on a very good player if the Wolves end up looking to build with Dieng as their center.

Would you trade for Pekovic if you thought that committing to him at center meant that neither Sullinger or Olynyk would be a good fit starting next to him because of defense so that you should be looking to move at least one of them and bringing in someone else as a starting PF?

I would, if the plan is truly to resign Rondo.  Pekovic is likely a greater talent than either Olynyk or Sullinger will ever be.  Centers who don't protect the rim or shoot at all are hard to build around, but I think Pek could be an All Star in the East, and if Rondo and an ancient Shaq were a terrific duo, I can only imagine what Rondo and a beast-in-the-paint big man in his prime could do together.

I guess I'm thinking that if they are planning to go forward with Rondo, they might as well go all-in with whatever buy-low All Star caliber talents there are out there and try to be interesting for a few years, even if true contention is a long shot.  You never know what might happen, and I think thats the best they're likely to be able to do within the remaining years of Rondo's prime.

Pretty sure josh smith is out there

He's probably shooting a contested three pointer as we speak.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

I know Pek doesn't exactly fit with what the Celtics have going on right now, but he's quite a talent at the center position who could be the pivot piece for a very good team if it's built the right way.  Wouldn't be shocked if Danny bought low on a very good player if the Wolves end up looking to build with Dieng as their center.

Would you trade for Pekovic if you thought that committing to him at center meant that neither Sullinger or Olynyk would be a good fit starting next to him because of defense so that you should be looking to move at least one of them and bringing in someone else as a starting PF?

I would, if the plan is truly to resign Rondo.  Pekovic is likely a greater talent than either Olynyk or Sullinger will ever be.  Centers who don't protect the rim or shoot at all are hard to build around, but I think Pek could be an All Star in the East, and if Rondo and an ancient Shaq were a terrific duo, I can only imagine what Rondo and a beast-in-the-paint big man in his prime could do together.

I guess I'm thinking that if they are planning to go forward with Rondo, they might as well go all-in with whatever buy-low All Star caliber talents there are out there and try to be interesting for a few years, even if true contention is a long shot.  You never know what might happen, and I think thats the best they're likely to be able to do within the remaining years of Rondo's prime.

Pretty sure josh smith is out there

He's probably shooting a contested three pointer as we speak.

Somewhere, an Atlanta hawks fan is laughing.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

That is if the correct assumption is that Pekovic would come cheaply, right?

I'd assume so. Taking on Kevin Martin might be an incentive to deal pek cheap. Martin and pek for bass bogans Anthony and some picks or a young player for Martin and pek.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=o45ddfx

After enough time transpires minny, Detroit and Boston do Marcus Thornton and barea to Detroit, smith to Boston and some fillers from Boston to minny. Detroit can get a pick or some asset to save face for a smith salary dump.

Rondo Martin green smith and pek is interesting. Defensively smith compliments pek.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

That is if the correct assumption is that Pekovic would come cheaply, right?

I'd assume so. Taking on Kevin Martin might be an incentive to deal pek cheap. Martin and pek for bass bogans Anthony and some picks or a young player for Martin and pek.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=o45ddfx

After enough time transpires minny, Detroit and Boston do Marcus Thornton and barea to Detroit, smith to Boston and some fillers from Boston to minny. Detroit can get a pick or some asset to save face for a smith salary dump.

Rondo Martin green smith and pek is interesting. Defensively smith compliments pek.

That is interesting. Plenty of floor spacing from Martin, Green, and Smith while not a competent 3 point shooter, can hit the mid range, or shoot the 3, (ill advised or not, he's going to at least take a few).

Pekovic can bruise his way into the paint, and Smith/Pekovic are decent rebounders, while Green/Smith are great defenders at their position.

The only issue again is the defense. Smith or Green can't make up for every mistake on defensive end.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different