Author Topic: Wolves reportedly interested in Thaddeus Young as potential Love replacement  (Read 4051 times)

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
The Minnesota Timberwolves have expressed interest in Philadelphia 76ers power forward Thaddeus Young as a potential replacement for Kevin Love, according to sources close to the situation.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Wolves, while continuing to discuss trade proposals that would send Love to the Cleveland Cavaliers, have been exploring their options for acquiring Young from the Sixers, either through a separate transaction or as part of an expanded Love trade.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11277117/minnesota-timberwolves-explore-acquiring-philadelphia-76ers-pf-thaddeus-young-potential-replacement-kevin-love

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Man the wolves are annoying. We could've done the best deal for them all along if they do a trade before the draft.

We could've given them 6, 17, and used other contracts and assets to add guys like afflalo and young along with green.

Look at what afflalo was traded for. Basically a trade exception which we had and low level prospect. An expiring contract and future pick will get you Thad. We have green.

We could've made moves to give them proven contributors like afflalo, young, and green and still given them the pick they needed to get Julius randle who they supposedly really liked. Plus future picks and we would've gladly taken back barea and Martin.

Bogans bass Anthony And the trade exception all get this done.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Will be interesting to see what they do with Pekovic.

I know Pek doesn't exactly fit with what the Celtics have going on right now, but he's quite a talent at the center position who could be the pivot piece for a very good team if it's built the right way.  Wouldn't be shocked if Danny bought low on a very good player if the Wolves end up looking to build with Dieng as their center.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Man the wolves are annoying. We could've done the best deal for them all along if they do a trade before the draft.

We could've given them 6, 17, and used other contracts and assets to add guys like afflalo and young along with green.

Look at what afflalo was traded for. Basically a trade exception which we had and low level prospect. An expiring contract and future pick will get you Thad. We have green.

We could've made moves to give them proven contributors like afflalo, young, and green and still given them the pick they needed to get Julius randle who they supposedly really liked. Plus future picks and we would've gladly taken back barea and Martin.

Bogans bass Anthony And the trade exception all get this done.

The C's couldn't land them Wiggins.

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I just wish they'd make up their mind and make a move already.  Ainge was right about Flip
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 03:44:46 PM by Clench123 »

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Yeah, in retrospect it looks like missing out on a top 3 pick is what sealed it for the Celtics as far as getting Love is concerned.

I'm at peace with that, because I think the team is more than a Kevin Love away from contention (whereas Cleveland is already a contender with Lebron and Kyrie), so if the Celtics had ended up with a top 3 pick I think I would have been very uneasy about trading the pick for Love.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
We are VERY far from contention without Love though. 
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 03:46:51 PM by Clench123 »

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Could care less about Kevin Love, but holy crap Thad Young is going to have such a wasted career.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Could care less about Kevin Love, but holy crap Thad Young is going to have such a wasted career.

I really would like to see him on Houston.  I've long felt he'd be a good fit next to Dwight.  Maybe Sacramento would be the next best choice.

But yeah, looks like he'll probably be well out of his prime before he's on a team that's any better than those Sixers teams from a couple years back.
- Mark Twain

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
We are VERY far from contention without Love though.

Right, but my fear was that we'd give up a bunch for Love, the team would struggle in year 1, and then Rondo and Love would both leave in free agency.
- Mark Twain

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

I know Pek doesn't exactly fit with what the Celtics have going on right now, but he's quite a talent at the center position who could be the pivot piece for a very good team if it's built the right way.  Wouldn't be shocked if Danny bought low on a very good player if the Wolves end up looking to build with Dieng as their center.

Would you trade for Pekovic if you thought that committing to him at center meant that neither Sullinger or Olynyk would be a good fit starting next to him because of defense so that you should be looking to move at least one of them and bringing in someone else as a starting PF?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Would you trade for Pekovic if you thought that committing to him at center meant that neither Sullinger or Olynyk would be a good fit starting next to him because of defense so that you should be looking to move at least one of them and bringing in someone else as a starting PF?

Can we trade away Sully and KO without getting Pek instead?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

I would, if the plan is truly to resign Rondo.  Pekovic is likely a greater talent than either Olynyk or Sullinger will ever be.  Centers who don't protect the rim or shoot at all are hard to build around, but I think Pek could be an All Star in the East, and if Rondo and an ancient Shaq were a terrific duo, I can only imagine what Rondo and a beast-in-the-paint big man in his prime could do together.

I guess I'm thinking that if they are planning to go forward with Rondo, they might as well go all-in with whatever buy-low All Star caliber talents there are out there and try to be interesting for a few years, even if true contention is a long shot.  You never know what might happen, and I think thats the best they're likely to be able to do within the remaining years of Rondo's prime.
- Mark Twain

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

I would, if the plan is truly to resign Rondo.  Pekovic is likely a greater talent than either Olynyk or Sullinger will ever be.  Centers who don't protect the rim or shoot at all are hard to build around, but I think Pek could be an All Star in the East, and if Rondo and an ancient Shaq were a terrific duo, I can only imagine what Rondo and a beast-in-the-paint big man in his prime could do together.

I guess I'm thinking that if they are planning to go forward with Rondo, they might as well go all-in with whatever buy-low All Star caliber talents there are out there and try to be interesting for a few years, even if true contention is a long shot.  You never know what might happen, and I think thats the best they're likely to be able to do within the remaining years of Rondo's prime.

That is if the correct assumption is that Pekovic would come cheaply, right?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

Pretty sure josh smith is out there

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14