Author Topic: Wish Me Luck  (Read 3364 times)

Wish Me Luck
« on: July 28, 2014, 02:08:19 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Hello!

So, I haven't posted in a couple of months -- not sure if anybody noticed.*

The reason is that I've spent the last two months preparing to take the grueling California Bar Exam after graduating from law school in May.  Today I arrived in sunny Santa Clara and tomorrow I will be sitting down, at long last, to grapple with the great beast that is the bar exam.

It's been a long two months preparing, and I have no assurances that I won't have to do this again in February.  I'm feeling pretty good though, and whatever happens, happens.  So wish me luck, if you would.  This post is a bit of a humble brag, but then again I haven't really earned anything, yet.

Hope to get back to posting regularly real soon.  It's been an interesting offseason, although a little lacking in excitement.  Can't wait to see the Celtics take the floor again!

*I did cheat a little bit -- I posted a fanpost under my Twitter handle @Transferox that was featured on the front page.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Re: Wish Me Luck
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 02:48:57 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Luck is the residue of preparation, good luck.

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 03:00:57 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Good luck.  The important thing is don't get psyched out, even if the first few questions are harder than you anticipated.  Just realize that you're going to get a lot of questions wrong, and so will everyone else.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 03:02:52 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Good luck.  The important thing is don't get psyched out, even if the first few questions are harder than you anticipated.  Just realize that you're going to get a lot of questions wrong, and so will everyone else.

Yup, that's what I'm trying to keep in mind.  65% is all you need to pass.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 03:07:54 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501
Congrats on finishing law school and for all the prep work.  I'm not a lawyer but almost every close friend I have (and my brother) is one.   It's a noble profession (no matter what anyone says)!   

I look forward to reading your post-exam C's posts -- back to what really matters.

Best of luck -- you've earned it.   

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 03:10:30 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
Give that test hell, good luck
DKC Suns

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 03:37:45 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
All the luck in the world, bro.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 03:51:19 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
good luck!
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 03:59:40 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

What an apt metaphor for the legal profession.  :D

Good luck dude!
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 04:18:41 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Good Luck on the Bar exam!!

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 05:41:54 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
You dont need luck. Your going to pass the exam.

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 05:45:00 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Hello!

The reason is that I've spent the last two months preparing to take the grueling California Bar Exam after graduating from law school in May.  Today I arrived in sunny Santa Clara and tomorrow I will be sitting down, at long last, to grapple with the great beast that is the bar exam.

It's been a long two months preparing, and I have no assurances that I won't have to do this again in February.  I'm feeling pretty good though, and whatever happens, happens.  So wish me luck, if you would.  This post is a bit of a humble brag, but then again I haven't really earned anything, yet.

Hope to get back to posting regularly real soon.  It's been an interesting offseason, although a little lacking in excitement.  Can't wait to see the Celtics take the floor again!

*I did cheat a little bit -- I posted a fanpost under my Twitter handle @Transferox that was featured on the front page.

I'm sorry, but you're going to get a 100% so why does it matter? ;)
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 06:02:34 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
It can't be that hard if Leonardo Dicaprio passed it in 2 weeks in "catch me if you can"

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 06:07:14 PM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
Good Luck Bro!
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 06:13:33 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Hello!

What ever you do don't change you routine. Eat the same, sleep the same, drink the same as you did while studying.
Walking to the exam as if you were walking into a study session.
And good luck!