Poll

Is Paul Pierce One of there 1st or 2nd Option in Offense?

14-19ppg
11 (28.2%)
19-25ppg
2 (5.1%)
25-30+ppg
1 (2.6%)
10-15ppg
23 (59%)
6-10ppg
2 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: what is paul pierce PPG as wizards SF/PF playing with john wall  (Read 5071 times)

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
the past season before the rondo injury, paul pierce averages almost 19points per game
in brooklyn with injured williams, and 2 iso players on the floor (johnson and pierce) and so many scorers (lopez williams johnson etc;) he averages 14points per game, without any rebounders,

with one the all star type pg in the east john wall and lots of rebounders (humphries blair nene gortat) with a team with prospect and unsure players of porter and rice jr. (real nba season) not summer league, with a bench of less shooters of temple, miller, and 2 prospects
what will pierce average at that age?

Re: what is paul pierce PPG as wizards SF/PF playing with john wall
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 07:41:39 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
wow I think those options are expecting a lot. i'd say pierce averages 8-9 pts...if they use 'em right.

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 07:50:30 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 858
wow I think those options are expecting a lot. i'd say pierce averages 8-9 pts...if they use 'em right.
Agree, I think you need at least one more and maybe two more lower scoring choices.  I suspect PP will find a way to score 10-14 range, but there will others that feel like GreenWarrior and predict the 6-10 range.

If he plays with the starters, he will get fewer attempts but more minutes and if they use him off the bench, he will be more of the scoring focus with the second unit but likely fewer minutes.

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 08:28:02 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
I've read all of the posts, and that's pretty low expectations for a guy like him. There is no way he goes under 12 ppg, My guess is 15-16 ppg he is just that good of a player
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 08:55:29 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

Wow, talk about underrating Paul Pierce.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 09:14:02 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I think 14 sounds about right, but there aren't going to be that many shots for him between all the players that'll get priority first.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 09:16:16 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
figure about 12-14.  Wall, Beal and Nene will be the primary scorers.  PP will get a reduced number of shots with that team but thanks to teammates that are scoring threats, I think he'll be more efficient with his scoring

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 09:28:28 AM »

Offline joepatsfan

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 6
If the Wizards are smart, they will limit Pierce's playing time all season to save him for when they need him, playoffs.

They can win regular season games with PP just scoring 10-12ppg in 20-25 mins. Play most of his reg. season minutes in the 4th quarter too.

Save him up for the playoffs where the wizards needed him, a crunch time scorer that can deliver daggers when needed. If he's rested, he'll be huge for them

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 09:51:08 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

Wow, talk about underrating Paul Pierce.

Not a soon-to-be-37-years-old Paul Pierce.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 09:59:22 AM »

Offline bhbf08

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
Everyone assumes he'll be on the court with the top 3 scorers from the Wiz.  He should be coming off the bench to help score with the 2nd unit, so that gives him a bump in scoring to me.  He gets to run a little with Wall, then help support the bench, so I'd say 10-15.  He'll still have some 20+ point nights, but I can also see some 5-8 point outings due to lack of shots. 

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 09:59:57 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
Pierce is there to help them over the hump, he's not there to be PAUL PIERCE-main option. He knows his role and how to give the team what it needs.

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 10:00:52 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Pour one out for PAUL PIERCE-main option.  :'(
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 10:26:37 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
if pierce is averaging 10 - 15 pts. they're in trouble.

with my green pierce sunglasses on Pierce will win the MVP and single handedly carry the wizards on his back as he sweeps the Spurs all by his lonesome, which he then dedicates the championship to the Celtics.

in reality if the Wizards brought him in there to average 14 - 16 pts they're making the same mistake the Nets made.

I still think Pierce can be extremely effective, particularly in the playoffs. which is when; if they're going to lean on him ever they should do so.

during the course of the season they should bring Pierce off the bench in the middle of 2nd qrtr. & if he has it going, keep 'em in for key possesions for the end of the half. wash, rinse, repeat for the 4th. anything more and they're wasting his effectiveness.

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 11:29:53 AM »

Offline twistedrico

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
If PP starts, he will get 14 a game on that team.

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 11:32:40 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
12-14 ppg

Wall leading scorer - 19 ppg
Beal as second leading scorer at 17-18 ppg

Pierce will be 3rd