Author Topic: Maybe win the division? - Not bad for a bridge year!  (Read 11434 times)

Re: Maybe win the division? - Not bad for a bridge year!
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2014, 05:54:27 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
It depends on whether you use possibles or probables in your predictions.

If you use possibles, then Rondo could come back to all-star form in year 2 post-injury, Bradley can stay healthy and continue to improve, Turner can find a niche, Green can gain consistency, Smart can compete for ROY, Zeller can work magic with Rondo, and Sully/Oly can make big gains.  In addition, it's possible that Atlanta, Charlotte, Brooklyn, NY, and Detroit all suffer a mix of injury and chemistry issues.   All that happens and the C's could be in the late seed playoff mix.   

If you use probables, my eyes tell me that there are 9 or 10 teams in the East likely to win more games than the C's.

« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2014, 06:36:24 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
If all teams have reasonable health, i would predict something like this:

Toronto 45+ wins
Brooklyn 40 wins
New York 35 wins
Boston 32 wins
Philadelphia 18 wins

The celtics have a shot if the season goes EXTREMELY well for them, and poorly for Toronto basically.

Toronto has a lot of talent and quality size compared to Boston.

This looks right on with my guess as to the seasons outcome.....bar any critical injuries and major trades .

I'm confident the Celtics will play hard .  Rondo, Wallace, Smart , Avery all are not slackers ....and should make 90 % of the game close affairs.

But I predict the Celtics will lose ...stink up the court ...go cold ...fall apart.... the great majority of their games again in the last 8 minutes , throwing away 20 point leads nearly every game .  There energy and youth will propel them early in each game.

Then the elite players on the  opponent team  will increase their efforts , catch the Celtics and win at the buzzer .

GIVING US ANOTHER TOP FIVE LOTTRY PICK.

What the "bleep" kind of fan are you???   this is the type of poster this blog protects from being called out.  Well suspend me, ban me, I don't give a crap because you are a freakin' IDIOT.

Way to back your team, LOSER!!!

« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2014, 06:45:48 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
If all teams have reasonable health, i would predict something like this:

Toronto 45+ wins
Brooklyn 40 wins
New York 35 wins
Boston 32 wins
Philadelphia 18 wins

The celtics have a shot if the season goes EXTREMELY well for them, and poorly for Toronto basically.

Toronto has a lot of talent and quality size compared to Boston.

This looks right on with my guess as to the seasons outcome.....bar any critical injuries and major trades .

I'm confident the Celtics will play hard .  Rondo, Wallace, Smart , Avery all are not slackers ....and should make 90 % of the game close affairs.

But I predict the Celtics will lose ...stink up the court ...go cold ...fall apart.... the great majority of their games again in the last 8 minutes , throwing away 20 point leads nearly every game .  There energy and youth will propel them early in each game.

Then the elite players on the  opponent team  will increase their efforts , catch the Celtics and win at the buzzer .

GIVING US ANOTHER TOP FIVE LOTTRY PICK.

What the "bleep" kind of fan are you???   this is the type of poster this blog protects from being called out.  Well suspend me, ban me, I don't give a crap because you are a freakin' IDIOT.

Way to back your team, LOSER!!!

Whoa, relax.

Everyone can have their own opinion.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2014, 06:47:11 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I don't know if calling other people idiots with a post that's not grammatically perfect is exactly the right way to separate yourself from the pack.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2014, 07:10:10 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I like Koolaid but not this much.  As it stands today the C's suck.

« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2014, 07:16:09 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
You guys honestly are underestimating this teams talent. We have the best PG in the division, arguably the best SF, depending if Melo plays SF or PF. The best defensive SG(no where near the best overall though). Aside from those 3 positions every team in our division has there holes. Brooklyn has no SF, no PF( don't tell me KG ), Brook Lopez is questionable if healthy he's the best Center in our division , if unhealthy major whole. DWill is not in Rondos league Idc.

Now Knicks,
They made an improvement with Calderon but again no defense there and Calderon is not better then rondo, SG is full of cancers, if JR is on he can be a hassle and Shumperrt healthy is great defensively, but I don't see Avery having a problem with them.
Carmelo again whether he plays SF or PF is the best player in our division unless Rondo plays how I expect him to play( average a DBLDBL and have around 5-6 rebounds per as we'll.)
Center no clue.

Philly, IMO can be a real surprise, there full of youth and not a proven coach so there is always that concern, but MCW can be a problem, and when Embiid and Noel both play, they will have a force of a front court. But again SG is weak, and Thaddeus young doesn't excite me one bit, no floor spacing. Celtics are clearly the better team. Unless Embiid and Noel both are dominant there ROY.

Toronto, I say what happen last year was all hype. Nets stunk up the joint, Knicks were AWFUL and Melo wasn't into it at all. Celtics were tank a palooza as we'll was Philly.
Lowry is not a great PG, he was playing the best he will and I see a decline this year. Derozan is very athletic but not a Go-To-Scorer, and aside from them two and Valenciunus I don't see how there team is much better then ours. Sully > Amir Johnson, Rondo>Lowry, JG> TRoss. AB can compete with Derozan.

I'm laying it on the table and saying the celtics will win the division , might even make a move at the deadline to make the team better with one of our many draft choices and expirings.

Rondo will be too 3 PG this season in every category, AVG 16 PPG, 12 Assist, and 5 rebounds.
Jeff green will average 20 PPG, 3 assists , 4 RE
Avery 10 PPG, 4 assists, 2 RB, 2 steals.
Sully will avg 16 , 3 assist and 10 RBs
Kelly 10ppg, 6 RBs

I saved the X-Factor for the season, not Jeff Green, Marcus smart, he will be an X factor and our 6 man by years end. I've debated whether that would be Kelly or Smart, but I see Kelly playing his way to a starting role by years end.

Smart will be a pest on the defensive end and be the aggressive player we need off te bench.
He will shoot many FT even as a rookie.

Smart will average 12 PPG, 6 assist, and 3 Rebounds and 1.5 steals per.
Will be in the running for ROY and whispers of 6th man and we will make the playoffs.
The rest of the team will file in.

Save this post, I'm not even being a homer, this is what I see from this team.
Green and sully will break out, Rondo will prove he's a top PG and Smart will be a top rookie.

« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2014, 08:15:26 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
You guys honestly are underestimating this teams talent. We have the best PG in the division, arguably the best SF, depending if Melo plays SF or PF. The best defensive SG(no where near the best overall though). Aside from those 3 positions every team in our division has there holes. Brooklyn has no SF, no PF( don't tell me KG ), Brook Lopez is questionable if healthy he's the best Center in our division , if unhealthy major whole. DWill is not in Rondos league Idc.

Now Knicks,
They made an improvement with Calderon but again no defense there and Calderon is not better then rondo, SG is full of cancers, if JR is on he can be a hassle and Shumperrt healthy is great defensively, but I don't see Avery having a problem with them.
Carmelo again whether he plays SF or PF is the best player in our division unless Rondo plays how I expect him to play( average a DBLDBL and have around 5-6 rebounds per as we'll.)
Center no clue.

Philly, IMO can be a real surprise, there full of youth and not a proven coach so there is always that concern, but MCW can be a problem, and when Embiid and Noel both play, they will have a force of a front court. But again SG is weak, and Thaddeus young doesn't excite me one bit, no floor spacing. Celtics are clearly the better team. Unless Embiid and Noel both are dominant there ROY.

Toronto, I say what happen last year was all hype. Nets stunk up the joint, Knicks were AWFUL and Melo wasn't into it at all. Celtics were tank a palooza as we'll was Philly.
Lowry is not a great PG, he was playing the best he will and I see a decline this year. Derozan is very athletic but not a Go-To-Scorer, and aside from them two and Valenciunus I don't see how there team is much better then ours. Sully > Amir Johnson, Rondo>Lowry, JG> TRoss. AB can compete with Derozan.

I'm laying it on the table and saying the celtics will win the division , might even make a move at the deadline to make the team better with one of our many draft choices and expirings.

Rondo will be too 3 PG this season in every category, AVG 16 PPG, 12 Assist, and 5 rebounds.
Kelly 10ppg, 6 RBs

I saved the X-Factor for the season, not Jeff Green, Marcus smart, he will be an X factor and our 6 man by years end. I've debated whether that would be Kelly or Smart, but I see Kelly playing his way to a starting role by years end.

Smart will be a pest on the defensive end and be the aggressive player we need off te bench.

Will be in the running for ROY and whispers of 6th man and we will make the playoffs.

Green and sully will break out, Rondo will prove he's a top PG and Smart will be a top rookie.

Bookmarked.

I don't know if we'll win the division, but some of those numbers are blindingly positive. I shall tip my hat to your optimism, and hope for my sake, I'm dead wrong.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2014, 08:25:22 PM »

fitzhickey

Now Knicks,
Center no clue.

Kelly 10ppg, 6 RBs

Man you should take those green goggles off. That Rondo stat line would be his best ever assists wise, and points wise. Smart won't even get enough minutes to get those kind of numbers, and if you think Jeff Green is a better SF than DeMar DeRozan, I've got bad news for you.

« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2014, 08:47:14 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown

Now Knicks,
Center no clue.

Kelly 10ppg, 6 RBs

Man you should take those green goggles off. That Rondo stat line would be his best ever assists wise, and points wise. Smart won't even get enough minutes to get those kind of numbers, and if you think Jeff Green is a better SF than DeMar DeRozan, I've got bad news for you.

1. Rondo averaged 11 assist 3x in his career, 10-11. 11-12 , 12-13.
He has always hovered around 10-13 PPG I'm his career and this year he will be the #1/#2 option scoring wise.
2. DeRozan is a SG and even if you label him a SF, put his numbers next to green and they are familiar, Derozan Career avg 16ppg and Green averages 14ppg, Green avg 5 RBP when derozan Avg 3. Green averages 1 steal per and a derozan 0.

Green is the better defender from both rebounds and steals wise which equates to better defense. Also the eye test shows green is the better defender. DeRozan may be more aggressive and have somewhat better numbers scoring wise. I also never said Jeff green is better then Derozan I didn't even compare the two. But if you want to compare the two stats wise Derozan had an advantage, as well as aggression but overall talent, green is neck and neck. I don't see DeRozan putting up 40 against the heat though.

Idk where this love for every player compared to Jeff green comes from, Not my business though. Let me guess ya would rather Perkins on our team. Give me a break.

« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2014, 08:47:54 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
Like I said before mark my words Green is breaking out this year averaging 20 and Rondo will be back to form with more scoring.

« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2014, 08:56:55 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Like I said before mark my words Green is breaking out this year averaging 20 and Rondo will be back to form with more scoring.
Players don't usually "break out" at age 28.  By then, they are in the thick of their prime... they might even be starting their statistical decline.

« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2014, 09:01:14 PM »

fitzhickey

Now Knicks,
Center no clue.

Kelly 10ppg, 6 RBs

He has always hovered around 10-13 PPG I'm his career and this year he will be the #1/#2 option scoring wise.
2. DeRozan is a SG and even if you label him a SF, put his numbers next to green and they are familiar, Derozan Career avg 16ppg and Green averages 14ppg, Green avg 5 RBP when derozan Avg 3. Green averages 1 steal per and a derozan 0.

Green is the better defender from both rebounds and steals wise which equates to better defense. Also the eye test shows green is the better defender. DeRozan may be more aggressive and have somewhat better numbers scoring wise. I also never said Jeff green is better then Derozan I didn't even compare the two. But if you want to compare the two stats wise Derozan had an advantage, as well as aggression but overall talent, green is neck and neck. I don't see DeRozan putting up 40 against the heat though.

Idk where this love for every player compared to Jeff green comes from, Not my business though. Let me guess ya would rather Perkins on our team. Give me a break.
And you said he'd average 12... which would be a career high.

DeRozan has only just started to play the 3 due to Terrence Ross' emergence, and he did so very well.
As DeRozan is younger and has had less years playing starter minutes, it is only fair to compare their per36 stats, where DeRozan averages more points, assists, steals, less fouls and less turnovers, while having a better FG% and FT%.

And no, I am a fan of Jeff Green, but to say he is better than DeRozan is plain incorrect.

I strongly dislike the adoration of Kendrick Perkins on this board, tbh.

« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2014, 09:08:06 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
I don't know if calling other people idiots with a post that's not grammatically perfect is exactly the right way to separate yourself from the pack.

That's the ticket, if you don't find anything else wrong, attack my grammar!!!  ::)

« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2014, 10:07:37 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown

Now Knicks,
Center no clue.

Kelly 10ppg, 6 RBs

And you said he'd average 12... which would be a career high.

DeRozan has only just started to play the 3 due to Terrence Ross' emergence, and he did so very well.
As DeRozan is younger and has had less years playing starter minutes, it is only fair to compare their per36 stats, where DeRozan averages more points, assists, steals, less fouls and less turnovers, while having a better FG% and FT%.

And no, I am a fan of Jeff Green, but to say he is better than DeRozan is plain incorrect.

I strongly dislike the adoration of Kendrick Perkins on this board, tbh.

I was just averaging things out. Do I see Rodo hitting 12 or more? Not necessarily but I think that is his peak for this year which is a career year.
I did not say jeff green is better than derozan. I cannot say this because I have only seen Derozan play a couple times. Once was against the nets in te playoffs this year, and I will just say I was not impressed. I have seen jeff play countless times and yes he does disappear but when he has his mind straight kid is def a good player. I'm just sick of these guys wanting to get rid of green for scraps. I feel he is going to break out this year.

Now LarB33 you said players don't break out at age 28?  I beg to differ, I'm not going to look up players and compare them to Jeff, but Jeff has yet to put it all together. IMO this year he has no choice but to. The past years he was either the 3rd option, 4th option , learning a new system or coming off heart surgery. I mean honestly everything points to Jeff having a career year.

°Familiar to the system( played a full season ad has a full offseason with it)
° 100% healthy
° Has one of the best  point guards in the league fully healthy to dish to him
° Big money on the table, Parsons and Hayward just got 15mill per, and honestly this is the last year Jeff really has to prove he's worth over 10mill per.

If he has a 10-14ppg in a 1/2 scoring option role this year, he has little value and he knows this.

« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2014, 11:02:20 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Here we go again with Jeff Green averaging 20 points a game predictions......