Author Topic: proposed blockbuster Suns trade featuring Rondo, Bledsoe  (Read 8634 times)

Re: blockbuster Suns trade featuring Rondo, Bledsoe
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2014, 09:13:39 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I don't think we are going to pay a PG max and have him end up on the bench if Smart pans out.

A Bleadsoe/AB back court would be tiny as heck.

I'd rather get LA involved and send

Rondo/Bass to Pheonix.

Sully/Bledsoe to LA

Nash/Randle to Boston

This would give us a PG to start the season out and teach Smart how to play the game.

PHX gets a PG and PF that gets them into the playoffs.

LA gets a good PG that can help Kobe score and a more excelled young PF to play behind Boozer.

If we can some how work in Green and get Warren and filler that would be nice as well.

Why not just Rondo, Bass and Anthony to LA with Nash, Lin. and Randle to Boston (Anthony and Lin added to make salaries work) and keep Pho out of it.  It seems that LA would rather have Rondo over Bledsoe and then we can just keep Sully out of it too.

If you really like Bledsoe, maybe Lin, Sully, and a pick for Sign and Trade Bledoe?  I am not sure why we would want to go after Bledsoe.  I like Smart as much as I like Bledsoe in terms of future talent and I like Smart's $$ much better.

I wouldn't want Bledsoe if we are getting rid of Rondo. I like the Nash thing becuase I think he would be a better teacher than Rondo, has a better over all PG game that fits with Stevens style.

I'd be fine with Celts/LA deal. I just added PHX because of the Bledsoe thing the tread was about. Just trying to stay on topic. But when has CB thread ever stayed on topic! :P

OK, I understand what you were trying to do.  The thing about Sully is that if we trade for Randle, then it would make more sense to try and trade Sully for another position due to log jam of young PF so maybe your idea or something similar would be in play.

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2014, 09:24:57 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
The other obstacle I could see with this (correct me if I am wrong) is can the Celts afford to offer Eric Bledsoe a max, which is what he's looking for?

I mean a max deal would be what? 4-5 yrs at 60-80 mil?

I am assuming the Celts would have to trade Rondo's salary and the salary of another player (maybe Bass) to make it work, right?

No.

A team acquiring a player either via S&T or through cap space can only sign the player to a max length of 4 years. Only a player's current team can give them the 5th year, which again can't be transferred via S&T. So in Bledsoe's case, you're talking about a 4 year deal starting at approximately 12M, with yearly increases which take it to around 60M.

No, just Rondo.

Ok, thanks for clarifying.

My preference would be to keep Rondo and add a couple vets around him.

But, if you're not going to do that and if you don't think you're going to keep Rondo long-term, then maybe dealing him for Bledsoe makes some sense.

The only thing that would worry me about Bledsoe is his past injuries but then again, Rondo has had his fair share of injuries himself.

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2014, 09:58:09 PM »

Offline Jesus Shuttlesworth #20

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
Aw [dang], I clicked on this thread thinking there was an actual trade, can you put 'proposed' or 'potential' in the thread name when its just another thread about a trade that will never happen?

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2014, 10:34:23 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
edit: nevermind

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2014, 10:59:20 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
And most of all, no one else is offering the max to?

That's because the Suns are basically holding him hostage by expressing their intent to match all offers.

Didn't the Jazz do the same with Hayward?

The Hornets were the outlier though. They not only were aggressive in FA moving from Hayward to Stephenson without even bothering to inquire about a S&T, but also had the cap space.

Woj
Several other teams had called Utah to inquire about the possibility of sign-and-trade deals if they signed Hayward to an offer sheet, but Charlotte never did, sources tell Yahoo Sports. The Hornets are short of the kind of young frontline talent that would appeal to teams in such a deal.

According to reports, the Bucks, Lakers, Rockets, and Kings have all shown interest in a S&T for Bledsoe. However, the Sixers are currently the only team with cap space to sign Bledsoe.

How about Dallas with Chandler?

Re: proposed blockbuster Suns trade featuring Rondo, Bledsoe
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2014, 11:00:22 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I'd rather give Rondo 15 million a year than Bledsoe.
I'd prefer Dragic to Bledsoe if we are trading Rondo.

Better shooter/passer/court vision and is a true PG. Bledsoe is like a mini version of what we hope Smart will become. Excellent defender but Smart's size for guarding SG's means I'd prefer Smart+Dragic.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Re: proposed blockbuster Suns trade featuring Rondo, Bledsoe
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2014, 11:10:04 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I'd rather give Rondo 15 million a year than Bledsoe.
I'd prefer Dragic to Bledsoe if we are trading Rondo.

Better shooter/passer/court vision and is a true PG. Bledsoe is like a mini version of what we hope Smart will become. Excellent defender but Smart's size for guarding SG's means I'd prefer Smart+Dragic.

No way are they giving up Dragic. Agree he's a better player than Bledsoe, and also agree that Bledsoe has some similarities with Smart. Also agree that Rondo >> Bledsoe.

And yet, Bledsoe is still a talented player. And so is TJ, and so is Len. Bledsoe won't be a bargain at the max, but that's why Len and Teej are involved.