Author Topic: Trade Rondo Idea  (Read 2507 times)

Trade Rondo Idea
« on: July 26, 2014, 10:06:09 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
 This assumes that Minnesota traded Love to Cleveland,which looks really possible
 The money works out I did it on espn trade machine. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qjdz8pt

it doesn't work but only because monroe has know salary because he has not been signed yet.

this is between Detroit Boston and Minnesota.

Boston sends Rondo
Boston gets deing and 2 first round picks

Detroit sends monroe and  first round picks
Detriot gets Rondo

Minnesota sends and deing first round pick
Minnesota gets monroe

Boston does this because..
 they do this because they get their coveted rim protector and 2 first round picks. Rondo needs to go so smart can get some playing time.

Detriot does this because..
Detroit does this because they have a big three of rondo,smith and drummond. With the east wide open they can go very far in the playoffs. Rondo would resign their because of smith. They want to trade monroe because the back court is so packed. This truly makes them a serious threat.

Minnesota does this because Monroe can replace a good chunk of Loves production. This is assuming that Minnesota trades Love for wiggins,bennet and a first round pick.
Imagine the starting line up of

Rubio
Wiggins
Bennet
Monroe
Pek

that is a very good young team. Flip saunders looks pretty good.

zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: Trade Rondo Idea
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 10:09:56 AM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
 no response huh?
will barton- beljina-

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 10:40:10 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
This assumes that Minnesota traded Love to Cleveland,which looks really possible
 The money works out I did it on espn trade machine. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qjdz8pt

it doesn't work but only because monroe has know salary because he has not been signed yet.

Boston sends Rondo

Detriot gets Rondo

Minnesota gets monroe

they do this because they get their coveted rim protector and 2 first round picks. Rondo needs to go so smart can get some playing time.

Detroit does this because they have a big three of rondo,smith and drummond. With the east wide open they can go very far in the playoffs. Rondo would resign their because of smith. They want to trade monroe because the back court is so packed. This truly makes them a serious threat.

Minnesota does this because Monroe can replace a good chunk of Loves production. This is assuming that Minnesota trades Love for wiggins,bennet and a first round pick.

Rubio
Wiggins
Bennet
Monroe
Pek

It's a nice idea. I think it's better for Detroit than for Minnesota atm, as Monroe will be so much more expensive than Dieng. I'd say Detroit needs to give up 2 firsts and Minnesota can keep theirs.

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 10:47:28 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
I'm not big on it because I don't think the value is there. You have Rondo already, who you can resign, & a plethora of picks to use in order to build around him.

I'd expect more. I do like Dieng, but he's still a project. I'd go for a 3-4 team trade where you get at least 1 guaranteed starter, Dieng, & a couple picks.

I.E. Thaddeus Young, Dieng, 1 or 2 first rounders

Rondo is one of, if not the best facilitator in the game. I expect the world back if you're giving him away in his prime.

With Ainge setting us up with great picks, great cap room, I don't see how he's moved unless you get the world back. You resign him, trade for other stars to put around him, & draft a supporting cast to fill in the blanks.

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 01:35:13 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
I'm not big on it because I don't think the value is there. You have Rondo already, who you can resign, & a plethora of picks to use in order to build around him.

I'd expect more. I do like Dieng, but he's still a project. I'd go for a 3-4 team trade where you get at least 1 guaranteed starter, Dieng, & a couple picks.

Rondo is one of, if not the best facilitator in the game. I expect the world back if you're giving him away in his prime.

With Ainge setting us up with great picks, great cap room, I don't see how he's moved unless you get the world back. You resign him, trade for other stars to put around him, & draft a supporting cast to fill in the blanks.

The problem is rondo is not a top ten player. He is also coming off an injury. In fact  their are very few players that want to play with rondo. This is surprising because you would think with all the assists he gets he should be well liked but he isn't. Heck rondo might not even be a top 25 player.

I will count the players. this is based on PER and overall stardom there is
Lebron
 durant
paul George
westbrok
dwight howard
andre drummond
Stephen curry
kevin love
chris paul
blake griffin
johahim Noah
derrick rose
al jeferson
carmelo anthoney
kyle lowery
pau gasol
anthoney davis
lamarcus aldrige
damian lillard
kawhi leonard
james harden
john wall
demarcus cousins
brook lopez
eric bledsoe
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 02:00:51 PM by Hawkeye199 »
will barton- beljina-

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 01:38:15 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Stephen Curry's little brother is better than Rondo? The one who could only get playing time in the D-League?  :-[

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 02:07:32 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

The problem is rondo is not a top ten player. He is also coming off an injury. In fact  their are very few players that want to play with rondo. This is surprising because you would think with all the assists he gets he should be well liked but he isn't. Heck rondo might not even be a top 25 player.

In fact plenty of players want to play with Rondo. You hear players on other teams talk about it, and you hear it from many of the free agents we sign. How many players have left because of Rondo? How many players have refused to come to Boston because of Rondo?

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 03:33:16 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56

Boston sends Rondo

Detriot gets Rondo

Minnesota gets monroe

Rubio
Wiggins
Bennet
Monroe
Pek

Almost every team in the league covets Dieng as a potential big time rim defender and so do I. It's just that trading a player like Rondo for potential and some draft choices just doesn't seem like enough. Detroit figures to be out of the lottery in the weak East (they didn't have a 1st round pick this year so I assume they can't trade their 2015 pick) and Minnesota figures to be a late lottery team, say 10-14. I think if you could add another young player with a large upside like Caldwell-Pope, for instance, it might make the deal a little more palatable.

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2014, 03:41:35 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Zack Lavine should also be included in the trade coming to us.

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2014, 03:46:03 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6

I will count the players. this is based on PER and overall stardom there is
Lebron
 durant
paul George
westbrok
dwight howard
andre drummond
Stephen curry
kevin love
chris paul
blake griffin
johahim Noah
derrick rose
al jeferson
carmelo anthoney
kyle lowery
pau gasol
anthoney davis
lamarcus aldrige
damian lillard
kawhi leonard
james harden
john wall
demarcus cousins
brook lopez
eric bledsoe
Rose?? Lowry? Gasolll?? Heck, id even take rondo over bledsoe...

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2014, 04:11:08 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I ve never seen a trade Rondo thread before