Author Topic: Love has 'requested,' to be sent to Cleveland only  (Read 5128 times)

Re: Love has 'requested,' to be sent to Cleveland only
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2014, 04:01:04 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
This has been over for a couple weeks.  Love will be a Cav.  Have to wait 30 days until Wiggins can be traded.  Cavs also have to wait until they can re-trade those non-guaranteed contracts they just brought in.  So the assets are there... the framework is probably in place... but nobody can admit to it for at least another month.

Basic framework will be Wiggins + Bennett + 1st.  It might be a little more convoluted as the Cavs include nonguaranteed contracts and the Wolves try to dump salary (Kevin Martin/Barea, for example)... might even require a 3rd team and a few more picks bouncing around.   But this is happening.

LeBron started planning this the second the lottery went to Cleveland ......he wasn't going back to,Miami ..... He could kill two birds with one stone.....go,back make up with his home state ,  go to,a team with a good guard , and one that just won the lottery ...an asset to land him a co- star

What interests me is why didn't LeBron want to bring Bosh with him to,Cleveland ?   Wouldn't Cavs offered hi a Max contract too?  Surely Love is going to,want a max contract ....he is not a s good as Bosh and Hasn't spent the years with James as Bosh has.

Anyway .....James was out of Miami on Lottery night .....he was scheming from the instant it happened.
They didn't have the money to offer Bosh... and Love is significantly better than Bosh.  He'll be an amazing fit with LeBron. 

They'll probably need to land a rim protector, but they might even need one... Kyrie/Love/LeBron is a better Big-3 than the one we saw in Miami.  That's two elite shooters surrounding LeBron.  They will dominate.

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2014, 04:01:24 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
This has been over for a couple weeks.  Love will be a Cav.  Have to wait 30 days until Wiggins can be traded.  Cavs also have to wait until they can re-trade those non-guaranteed contracts they just brought in.  So the assets are there... the framework is probably in place... but nobody can admit to it for at least another month.

Basic framework will be Wiggins + Bennett + 1st.  It might be a little more convoluted as the Cavs include nonguaranteed contracts and the Wolves try to dump salary (Kevin Martin/Barea, for example)... might even require a 3rd team and a few more picks bouncing around.   But this is happening.

LeBron started planning this the second the lottery went to Cleveland ......he wasn't going back to,Miami ..... He could kill two birds with one stone.....go,back make up with his home state ,  go to,a team with a good guard , and one that just won the lottery ...an asset to land him a co- star

What interests me is why didn't LeBron want to bring Bosh with him to,Cleveland ?   Wouldn't Cavs offered hi a Max contract too?  Surely Love is going to,want a max contract ....he is not a s good as Bosh and Hasn't spent the years with James as Bosh has.

Anyway .....James was out of Miami on Lottery night .....he was scheming from the instant it happened.
I'll venture a pretty safe bet that he knew that Cleveland was choosing first long before the lottery.

Its tough to say without it becoming a conspiracy theory.

As for Bosh vs Love. I think Love is the far more assertive/versatile player than Bosh is.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2014, 04:04:49 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I'll venture a pretty safe guess that the messiah knew that Cleveland was choosing first long before the lottery.

LeBron was gone the moment the buzzer sounded in game six against the Spurs, or was that in game 5 that the lost? Who is keeping count?

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2014, 04:05:20 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Not surprising ...Boston really isn't in the hunt anymore anyway.....that ship sailed ...It's to,late for DA to assemble a quality team around him at this point....

I think he talking about team more seriously throwing players like Klay Thompson at Minn.

Poor Wiggins ..... Had a chance to play with Irvin and LeBron .......and now being sent to Siberia under a Rookie Contact to serve his NBA  sentence

So......same thing will to Wiggins...... Love .....he'll leave ASAP

Lakers will be waiting with open arms and. Max contract .....as usual

We need to tank to the MAX .... We need a # 1 pick as a trade bait
Shame about Wiggins and Bennett... both of them have really bright futures, imo.  I could see them both ending up stars.  Yes, even Bennett.  It would have been a lot more fun watching them grow under LeBron's leadership.

Kyrie/LeBron/Love should dominant the east for the foreseeable future, though.  It would be interesting if Love got injured and Wiggins/Bennett reached their full potential in Minny.  It will be one of those ultimate "what-ifs"

I think your prediction is exactly what will happen....at some point .....maybe James wins another title at Cleveland ....but he is older and the odds of a Kobe or KG injury are multiplying every year as his body ages..... I think an injury WILL upset the AppleCart for the Cavs.

If Wiggins is the next Kobe .....the one title Cavs might get before injuries doom them ....might seem like small potatoes to,the run they COuLD have made keeping Wiggins and LeBron together.

That force of Wiggins and LeBron could have been a force for all time down the road .

I m betting in the long run trading wiggins is an EPIC mistake .

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2014, 04:10:27 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
We gotta root for Tim Duncan to stay healthy for the next 5 years.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2014, 04:17:10 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Not surprising ...Boston really isn't in the hunt anymore anyway.....that ship sailed ...It's to,late for DA to assemble a quality team around him at this point....

I think he talking about team more seriously throwing players like Klay Thompson at Minn.

Poor Wiggins ..... Had a chance to play with Irvin and LeBron .......and now being sent to Siberia under a Rookie Contact to serve his NBA  sentence

So......same thing will to Wiggins...... Love .....he'll leave ASAP

Lakers will be waiting with open arms and. Max contract .....as usual

We need to tank to the MAX .... We need a # 1 pick as a trade bait
Shame about Wiggins and Bennett... both of them have really bright futures, imo.  I could see them both ending up stars.  Yes, even Bennett.  It would have been a lot more fun watching them grow under LeBron's leadership.

Kyrie/LeBron/Love should dominant the east for the foreseeable future, though.  It would be interesting if Love got injured and Wiggins/Bennett reached their full potential in Minny.  It will be one of those ultimate "what-ifs"

I think your prediction is exactly what will happen....at some point .....maybe James wins another title at Cleveland ....but he is older and the odds of a Kobe or KG injury are multiplying every year as his body ages..... I think an injury WILL upset the AppleCart for the Cavs.

If Wiggins is the next Kobe .....the one title Cavs might get before injuries doom them ....might seem like small potatoes to,the run they COuLD have made keeping Wiggins and LeBron together.

That force of Wiggins and LeBron could have been a force for all time down the road .

I m betting in the long run trading wiggins is an EPIC mistake .
Well to be fair, Kevin Love is only 25... and LeBron can probably play at a high level intil his late 30s... so I wouldnt at all be shocked  to see the Cavs at the top of the east for a long time.  A decade from now, Love will only be 35 and Kyrie will only be 32.  LeBron, thanks to advanced medicine, his incredibly adaptive skill-set, and his Karl Malone body, will still be eating first-born babies at the age of 39.

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2014, 04:22:17 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Better assets than we offered in Wiggins.

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2014, 05:19:16 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I doubt LeBron decided to leave Miami until they got their butts handed to them by the Spurs, which took all the fun out of the "super-team" for him. I wonder how far along the series was before he decided to slink away from the Heat. Now he's the feel-good story of the summer, and he still might have Ray around to wash and wax his car every weekend.

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2014, 06:07:19 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Let the Cavs have Love, particularly if they have to trade Wiggins now to do it. It's better this way than they getting Love next year via free-agency without having to give up any significant asset in order to do so.

And honestly, if we keep Sullinger around, we match-up well against the Cavs, and I think in a match-up between the two, I'll bet on Sullinger getting the best of him most of the time.

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2014, 06:43:21 PM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 5
Lol!! So y'all mad cause he want to go to Cleveland?? We all know that all he want is to make the playoffs. Dude been in league since 08 & never made it. Cleveland giving him an opportunity to make it to the playoffs & even win it all so he's going there. Don't hate him cause he's fishing for a playoff team. Lol :') :') :')

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2014, 06:48:55 PM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 5
We gotta root for Tim Duncan to stay healthy for the next 5 years.

Lol. Don't worry man. Timmy will still make the playoffs even at 70. Even if he retire, Kawhi Leonard & Slo-Mo are here to whip them.