Author Topic: Love has 'requested,' to be sent to Cleveland only  (Read 5113 times)

Love has 'requested,' to be sent to Cleveland only
« on: July 26, 2014, 03:25:25 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
    Forward Kevin Love is perhaps adding a new twist to recent trade talks by indicating he wants to be dealt to the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Multiple league sources told FOX Sports Ohio on Friday they are under the impression Love has relayed his desire for a trade to Cleveland to his agent. Love is represented by Jeff Schwartz.

Sources could not say for certain whether Love or Schwartz have made a formal trade request to the Timberwolves. Most believe if such a request is made, the Cavs will be able to obtain Love at a considerably cheaper cost than what is being discussed by the teams.

The Cavs and Timberwolves have reportedly talked about a deal that would send Love to Cleveland and team him with fellow All-Stars LeBron James and Kyrie Irving. Sources have said Cavs rookie Andrew Wiggins has been a sticking point in the talks, as the Cavs are hesitant to surrender the No. 1 overall draft pick.

It is believed the Timberwolves have indicated they won’t trade Love unless they receive Wiggins as part of a package in return. Officials from the Cavs and Timberwolves have refused comment on the talks.

ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith earlier reported Love is making teams aware he only wants to be traded to Cleveland.

I don't know if its true, but if it is, I'm a little disappointed. I understand playing with the best player in the league is great, and beneficial. But what happened to players that wanted to beat the best player? What happened to competition? I mean you can argue Ray, Pierce, and Garnett did the same exact thing, but it wasn't until they put all the teams on their back, that they wanted to win.

Love is 25. So its kind of saddening to know hes already giving up in trying to overcome adversity. This is why I'll respect Rajon Rondo till the end, even if hes not with the Celtics.

I mean what seriously happened to wanting to be competitive? This is what is wrong with the NBA, and I fear once the TV deal kicks in, superstars will no longer want to play for small market teams, and only with other superstars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38U-7-GthSc

"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: Love has 'requested,' to be sent to Cleveland only
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 03:36:59 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Stackers will always stack.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 03:40:10 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Stackers will always stack.

Frustrates me, because I'm a huge fan of Love. I honestly thought Love cared about the Celtics tradition. He really piqued my interest, because I believed only he could force a trade to the Celtics. All this talk about how he loved Larry Bird, and wanted to be apart of the culture. But it seems like winning on the coattails of Lebron is more satisfying, than being a corner stone franchise player for a banner winning championship.

This is just fuel for me to hope Lebron doesn't succeed. And I don't think they will. Their entire team lacks the defense needed, and a unproven coach in Blatt can't provide the necessary fundamentals to win now. Trading Wiggins will be a mistake, I just don't see Love, Irving, and James gelling as easily as Bosh, Wade, and LBJ did, because they were all experienced vets who were franchise players for their respective franchises, and knew how to win in the playoffs.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 03:42:51 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I see your point about competition but this is not only a competition issue.

The NBA is fast becoming a joke when players can pretty much dictate where they want to go within the construct of a salary cap. If the cap is being circumvented as it usually is to achieve the goals of a player to win, then the players are rigging the system. Get rid of the cap and let the chips fall where they may.

I have always been against players banding together to circumvent competition by taking less than their fair market value. I have always said if you want to take less than your FMV, good for you, but your team should still be assessed the full extent of your FMV against the CAP. I feel the same way about a player strong arming his team to trade him to another team while helping that destination team maintain a competitive advantage. I say Timberwolves should stand their ground and the league should get rid of unrestricted free agency. Because this is getting abused.

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 03:43:48 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Sickening really....if this is true...I mean LeBron and the Cavs only---?  You, Kevin Love are a LOSER-!

Time for him to do some Push-Ups.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 03:46:36 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

Ah good, sounds like we've reached the Morey stage. Now there's nothing left to do but watch Minnie's position crumble until they finally pull the trigger and get back nothing but a trade exception.

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2014, 03:47:03 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
This has been over for a couple weeks.  Love will be a Cav.  Have to wait 30 days until Wiggins can be traded.  Cavs also have to wait until they can re-trade those non-guaranteed contracts they just brought in.  So the assets are there... the framework is probably in place... but nobody can admit to it for at least another month.

Basic framework will be Wiggins + Bennett + 1st.  It might be a little more convoluted as the Cavs include nonguaranteed contracts and the Wolves try to dump salary (Kevin Martin/Barea, for example)... might even require a 3rd team and a few more picks bouncing around.   But this is happening.

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 03:50:23 PM »

Offline ticket18

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 2
This is disappointing, but I can't help a bit of a smirk in knowing that Flip got a bit greedy with the offers and now it looks like it's going to backfire a bit.  ;D

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2014, 03:50:35 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Not surprising ...Boston really isn't in the hunt anymore anyway.....that ship sailed ...It's to,late for DA to assemble a quality team around him at this point....

I think he talking about team more seriously throwing players like Klay Thompson at Minn.

Poor Wiggins ..... Had a chance to play with Irvin and LeBron .......and now being sent to Siberia under a Rookie Contact to serve his NBA  sentence

So......same thing will to Wiggins...... Love .....he'll leave ASAP

Lakers will be waiting with open arms and. Max contract .....as usual

We need to tank to the MAX .... We need a # 1 pick as a trade bait 

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014, 03:51:21 PM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
really makes you appreciate paul pierce that much more for sticking it out here during the gaston era. the c's at that time were just as incompetent as the wolves have been recently. the fans remember his loyalty, and he is royalty here, he has a connection here that a guy like love will never really have with his fanbase.

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2014, 03:53:24 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Not surprising ...Boston really isn't in the hunt anymore anyway.....that ship sailed ...It's to,late for DA to assemble a quality team around him at this point....

I think he talking about team more seriously throwing players like Klay Thompson at Minn.

Poor Wiggins ..... Had a chance to play with Irvin and LeBron .......and now being sent to Siberia under a Rookie Contact to serve his NBA  sentence

So......same thing will to Wiggins...... Love .....he'll leave ASAP

Lakers will be waiting with open arms and. Max contract .....as usual

We need to tank to the MAX .... We need a # 1 pick as a trade bait
Shame about Wiggins and Bennett... both of them have really bright futures, imo.  I could see them both ending up stars.  Yes, even Bennett.  It would have been a lot more fun watching them grow under LeBron's leadership.

Kyrie/LeBron/Love should dominant the east for the foreseeable future, though.  It would be interesting if Love got injured and Wiggins/Bennett reached their full potential in Minny.  It will be one of those ultimate "what-ifs"

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2014, 03:56:46 PM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
This is disappointing, but I can't help a bit of a smirk in knowing that Flip got a bit greedy with the offers and now it looks like it's going to backfire a bit.  ;D

yeah, this definitely reduces flip's leverage. though, flip could still trade love elsewhere out of spite, though that team would be taking a risk of his not re-signing. i could see flip and taylor wanting to ruin the king's party, sounds already like they're on poor terms with love.

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2014, 03:57:24 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
and this Once Again comes down to the Celtics getting Screwed in the Draft Lottery---!

Unbelievable.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2014, 03:57:25 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
This has been over for a couple weeks.  Love will be a Cav.  Have to wait 30 days until Wiggins can be traded.  Cavs also have to wait until they can re-trade those non-guaranteed contracts they just brought in.  So the assets are there... the framework is probably in place... but nobody can admit to it for at least another month.

Basic framework will be Wiggins + Bennett + 1st.  It might be a little more convoluted as the Cavs include nonguaranteed contracts and the Wolves try to dump salary (Kevin Martin/Barea, for example)... might even require a 3rd team and a few more picks bouncing around.   But this is happening.

LeBron started planning this the second the lottery went to Cleveland ......he wasn't going back to,Miami ..... He could kill two birds with one stone.....go,back make up with his home state ,  go to,a team with a good guard , and one that just won the lottery ...an asset to land him a co- star

What interests me is why didn't LeBron want to bring Bosh with him to,Cleveland ?   Wouldn't Cavs offered hi a Max contract too?  Surely Love is going to,want a max contract ....he is not a s good as Bosh and Hasn't spent the years with James as Bosh has.

Anyway .....James was out of Miami on Lottery night .....he was scheming from the instant it happened.

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2014, 04:00:30 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
I'll venture a pretty safe guess that the messiah knew that Cleveland was choosing first long before the lottery.