Author Topic: For those who dont want us to be an 8 seed...  (Read 8507 times)

Re: For those who dont want us to be an 8 seed...
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2014, 03:38:10 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I am very pro-tank in general, but I would much rather watch this team make the 7 seed than the team from two years ago.  If we're developing, that's fine.  We'll be able to add at least a couple more lottery picks from the Nets and hopefully the Clippers in the coming years, plus we should be able to swing a major trade soon after this year.  Getting Smart, KO and Zeller some playoff experience would be great.

« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2014, 04:14:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I just want Bass, Green and Wallace gone ASAP ...let the rookies take over ...if they make 8 seed so be it .

I still think they are lottery bound ...too many teams are better thanCeltics ...Washington, Charlotte, Atlanta , on and on ....

Just not seeing a lot of wins for the Celtics .....they will lose most all the western conf games .....

I see them beating the Knicks .....ah the Nets ....Minn....Knicks ....nets ..Minn ......

I hope we stomp th bejesus out of Houston .... I really hate that team now .

« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2014, 04:27:47 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I am very pro-tank in general, but I would much rather watch this team make the 7 seed than the team from two years ago.  If we're developing, that's fine.  We'll be able to add at least a couple more lottery picks from the Nets and hopefully the Clippers in the coming years, plus we should be able to swing a major trade soon after this year.  Getting Smart, KO and Zeller some playoff experience would be great.

yes, plus it would raise their visibility and hence trade value. 
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2014, 04:40:46 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
I want to see us win as many games as we can.   Tanking breeds a culture of losing.  Danny struck lightning in a bottle tanking once.  It's not going to happen twice.  There is not a Garnett out there to change the entire culture and landscape of this team.

What we gain by tanking is lost tenfold culturally.

« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2014, 07:37:16 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
8th seed is fine as long as the team has a winning record.  If the team has a losing record, I don't want them to get in because other teams just sucked harder.

« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2014, 09:35:11 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
no matter how great the young guys play no good veteran free agent is going to say "I need to go play with Kelly Olynyk and Jared Sullinger". that's just silly.

at least not in one season, 3 yrs. from now and these guys have fully established themselves in the league then maybe. but I don't expect those 2 or any other young guy on the squad go from what we've seen and know so far to making all NBA 1st or 2nd team or all defensive team in 1 yr. because that's what it would take to get some good free agents to even consider coming here.

you've got a better chance planting a maple tree that sprouts hundred dollar bills instead of leaves.

Aside from that whole Kevin Love thing...

...who will likely end up as a Cav, so it seems.

It's likely he will, but at this point it's hard to say he was never considering going to Boston.

I get what you're saying and can't fully disprove you because I'm not Kevin Love, his agent, nor a member of his inner circle. I just want to point out that there's a difference between "resigning with a team if I'm traded there" and "I'm a UFA, I get to choose the team". One is acceptable, the other is desirable. I believe Boston falls in the former and not the latter with regard to Kevin Love.

- LilRip

« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2014, 10:25:46 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
no matter how great the young guys play no good veteran free agent is going to say "I need to go play with Kelly Olynyk and Jared Sullinger". that's just silly.

at least not in one season, 3 yrs. from now and these guys have fully established themselves in the league then maybe. but I don't expect those 2 or any other young guy on the squad go from what we've seen and know so far to making all NBA 1st or 2nd team or all defensive team in 1 yr. because that's what it would take to get some good free agents to even consider coming here.

you've got a better chance planting a maple tree that sprouts hundred dollar bills instead of leaves.

Aside from that whole Kevin Love thing...

...who will likely end up as a Cav, so it seems.

It's likely he will, but at this point it's hard to say he was never considering going to Boston.

I get what you're saying and can't fully disprove you because I'm not Kevin Love, his agent, nor a member of his inner circle. I just want to point out that there's a difference between "resigning with a team if I'm traded there" and "I'm a UFA, I get to choose the team". One is acceptable, the other is desirable. I believe Boston falls in the former and not the latter with regard to Kevin Love.

Even if you feel that's the case, "acceptable" is obviously far from "would never consider playing for".