Author Topic: East is WIDE OPEN  (Read 10959 times)

East is WIDE OPEN
« on: July 25, 2014, 06:00:21 PM »

Offline TeamGreen.dm

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
  • here comes Banner 18
I really think with a roster of ;

Rondo/Smart/Pressey
Bradley/Turner
Green/Wallace/Young
Sully/Bass/Olynyk
Zeller/Fav

We have a solid shot at making an appearance in the playoffs. The East had thinned out even with recent signings. Pacers become wweaker losing Stephenson. If Deng and Wade can't stay healthy the Heat are done for. Brooklyn is a team I see missing the boat completely. If the Hawks have the same first half of season as they did last year I hhighlyddoubt they keep both Millsap and Horford on the same roster, I see one getting moved. I think Toronto was kind of a flare up due to such a weak conference and don't see them making another stride.

I think this young Celtics team with the few Vets we have can make a sneaky #7 or #8 seed this upcoming season
"I am not going to back down from any challenge. Like I said, you are going to have to prove to me. I am a fighter; I will keep fighting and will never give up." Marcus Smart

Re: East is WIDE OPEN
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 06:10:01 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Wide open in terms of making the playoffs, yes.

But this doesn't really help anyone. And the 8th seed is nothing to brag about.

With Miami, Chicago, Indiana, Cleveland at the top and Charlotte, Toronto, Washington, Atalanta likely the bottom 4 it's still going to be tough. At that list leaves out dark horses like Detroit, NYK, and Brooklyn who could all rebound from last year.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 06:25:32 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
Chicago, cleveland, washington, and charlotte are the only locks in the east... Celtics can easily sneak up to a #6 seed (indy or miami would be #5) and go against a washington team and perhaps sneak into the second round and go against the cavs where it will most likely (not certainly) end

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 06:27:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I'm sorry folks...

But it just so much fun to cheer against LeBron

No matter what team he is on......

Now that he is back in Cleveland

Let the hate begin  :D

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 06:29:53 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Bulls, Wizards, Cavs, Heat, Pacers are easily locks at the top (in no particular order)

Raptors, Hornets, Hawks, Pistons round our the next tier with Nets and Knicks both likely to be knocking on the 8th spot door...

The Celtics are unfortunately in the 10-last tier.

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 07:17:59 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Bulls, Wizards, Cavs, Heat, Pacers are easily locks at the top (in no particular order)

Raptors, Hornets, Hawks, Pistons round our the next tier with Nets and Knicks both likely to be knocking on the 8th spot door...

How are the knicks better than the celts?? Look at their lineup

Celts are in the race for 7th-8th. Not the best starting lineup but has a strong looking bench

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 07:24:19 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995

Rondo/Smart/Pressey
Bradley/Turner
Green/Wallace/Young
Sully/Bass/Olynyk
Zeller/Fav

We have a solid shot at making an appearance in the playoffs. The East had thinned out even with recent signings. Pacers become wweaker losing Stephenson. If Deng and Wade can't stay healthy the Heat are done for. Brooklyn is a team I see missing the boat completely. If the Hawks have the same first half of season as they did last year I hhighlyddoubt they keep both Millsap and Horford on the same roster, I see one getting moved. I think Toronto was kind of a flare up due to such a weak conference and don't see them making another stride.

I think this young Celtics team with the few Vets we have can make a sneaky #7 or #8 seed this upcoming season

And if the Celtics have another major injury (knock on wood) like always every season, then you may kiss that 7 or 8 seed goodbye  :'(

But really...I hope the Celtics make some great progress!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 07:43:28 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

The Knicks are better than Boston, just as they were last year.

Celts are in the race for 7th-8th. Not the best starting lineup but has a strong looking bench
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 07:56:46 PM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
Until the Cav's trade for Kevin Love.  Then the closed for business until further notice.

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 07:57:33 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Rondo/Smart/Pressey
Bradley/Turner
Green/Wallace/Young
Sully/Bass/Olynyk
Zeller/Fav

Wow, Kelly Olynyk is 3rd string. Ouch.

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2014, 08:06:23 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Wide open in terms of making the playoffs, yes.

But this doesn't really help anyone. And the 8th seed is nothing to brag about.

With Miami, Chicago, Indiana, Cleveland at the top and Charlotte, Toronto, Washington, Atalanta likely the bottom 4 it's still going to be tough. At that list leaves out dark horses like Detroit, NYK, and Brooklyn who could all rebound from last year.

True 8th see is nothing to brag about, but it would be good experience and learning for our youth. Plus it would showcase them a bit and help raise their value for summer 2015 trades.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2014, 08:32:10 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

The Knicks are better than Boston, just as they were last year.

Other than melo who do they have?? JR Dmith if he doesnt act like a clown maybe. Thats it. I would take zeller over dalembert also

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2014, 08:42:54 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
We're still not gonna make the offs

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2014, 08:46:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
We're still not gonna make the offs

Geez thats really positive of you to say.

Give the team a chance

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2014, 09:23:23 PM »

Offline TeamGreen.dm

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
  • here comes Banner 18

Rondo/Smart/Pressey
Bradley/Turner
Green/Wallace/Young
Sully/Bass/Olynyk
Zeller/Fav

Wow, Kelly Olynyk is 3rd string. Ouch.

2ne string C maybe lol my b
"I am not going to back down from any challenge. Like I said, you are going to have to prove to me. I am a fighter; I will keep fighting and will never give up." Marcus Smart