5 (7.7%)
Marcus Thorton
3 (4.6%)
James Young
5 (7.7%)
No One On This Team
9 (13.8%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Who will Help us Win every game, Team Leader, Go to Guy, 1st Scoring Option.....  (Read 5588 times)

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
last season, the celtics averaged 96.2 points a game, which put them at 26th out of 30 teams. the highest scoring team was the clippers at 107.9 per game.

the posters above, when I add up the scoring totals for each player, range from 106 to 130+.

gone are crawford (13.7,) bayless (10.1), and hump (8.4). it is quite a leap of faith to think that the 26th ranked team in scoring will vault to near the league leaders in scoring.

but, being eternally optimistic, i too hope the celtics can score better than last season, especially in the 4th quarter when other teams would play defense and all too often beat the celtics like rented mules.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
From an overall rebuilding standpoint a lot of progress has been made.   Letting KG and Piece go was tuff.....picks and assets brought in .......contracts like Lee ..let go ......bargains bought and used.

But ....team wise ....without Bayless and Hump .......it's going to be much worse I think .....maybe KO and Smart will make up the difference in scoring. I kind of doubt it.

I'm thinking this is just a collection of players and not much of team , one that will go though the motions and play hard till lottery day comes around .....their destination this year.

We are waiting out the awful contracts of Green , Wallace , etc .....when all the overpaid role players contract are up

Then the serious rebuilding will begin.....money to pay elite players

Until all these players are dealt away I'm not looking for much FIRE WORkS from the Celtics..

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
last season, the celtics averaged 96.2 points a game, which put them at 26th out of 30 teams. the highest scoring team was the clippers at 107.9 per game.

the posters above, when I add up the scoring totals for each player, range from 106 to 130+.

gone are crawford (13.7,) bayless (10.1), and hump (8.4). it is quite a leap of faith to think that the 26th ranked team in scoring will vault to near the league leaders in scoring.

but, being eternally optimistic, i too hope the celtics can score better than last season, especially in the 4th quarter when other teams would play defense and all too often beat the celtics like rented mules.

The Celtics averaged 96 a game last year, but go total up the points per game for players who were on the team last year. You'll be pretty surprised at the number you end up with.

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

The Celtics averaged 96 a game last year, but go total up the points per game for players who were on the team last year. You'll be pretty surprised at the number you end up with.
right, in part because some players were on the celtics for only part of the season, so counting their scoring average throws things off a bit when averaging for the season team scoring.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

right, in part because some players were on the celtics for only part of the season, so counting their scoring average throws things off a bit when averaging for the season team scoring.

Plus there's injuries or the like.

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Forgot Lee's 7.4 PPG with us, which went up to 11 per game in Memphis:_(((

Smitty77