Author Topic: Bought Rajon Rondo's New Anta Shoes  (Read 5345 times)

Bought Rajon Rondo's New Anta Shoes
« on: July 25, 2014, 05:09:55 AM »

Offline Greenpoison

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
I was looking all over for a Celtic themed shoe, and being a huge Rondo fan, I looked into his own line with the company Anta (Now the largest shoe company in the world). I Just got the shoes in the mail today and they are stellar. I was wary of ordering a pair of basketball shoes from a company other than Nike - especially from a Chinese company - but they are perfect. The fit is amazing, they look great aesthetically, and also show off my Celtic pride! Cant wait to play in them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD9XZUg_GOQ?

Re: Bought Rajon Rondo's New Anta Shoes
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 06:47:31 AM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 244
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
how much... ;D ;D

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 10:34:01 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I'm glad they're working for you.

With a Chinese company and synthetic materials, the price isn't really going into the shoes, however. I don't know whatever happened to Starbury, but I really liked his effort to be able to get his fans to save money on shoes.

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 10:42:42 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Are we really going to pretend like Nike isn't a Chinese company for all intents and purposes?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 10:57:45 AM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1980
Are we really going to pretend like Nike isn't a Chinese company for all intents and purposes?

I was about to say...

Also, those shoes better come in green.

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 11:12:52 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
That would be my questions too......how much are they and do they come in Celtic green??? or can they at least be ordered with a Celtic logo???  thanks.

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 11:16:06 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

Poking around ,it looks like they'll run you 80-100 bucks.
http://peaksneakers.com/anta-rajon-rondo-c-32.html
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 11:28:48 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

designed in USA, manufactured in China, same with Apple, but that's not saying Apple is a Chinese company

that aside, I am always a fan of Nike sneakers and always will be. All my basketball shoes are Nikes or a branch under Nikes (LeBrons, Kobes)

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 11:34:55 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

designed in USA, manufactured in China, same with Apple, but that's not saying Apple is a Chinese company

that aside, I am always a fan of Nike sneakers and always will be. All my basketball shoes are Nikes or a branch under Nikes (LeBrons, Kobes)

When I play hoops, I wear Nikes too. It is what it is -- I just find that sort of hair splitting a bit absurd.

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 11:58:35 AM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

When I play hoops, I wear Nikes too. It is what it is -- I just find that sort of hair splitting a bit absurd.

It is splitting hairs to say that Nike is an American company?

I find that very absurd.

For all intents and purposes, as well as in reality, Nike is an American company.

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2014, 12:03:09 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
This topic shows what a slow news day it is for Celtic fans.

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2014, 12:11:40 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

It is splitting hairs to say that Nike is an American company?

I find that very absurd.

For all intents and purposes, as well as in reality, Nike is an American company.

What? The idea was about basketball shoes, and buying from not Nike, but a "Chinese company" when, you know, Nike's not exactly a model for "buying local." Context is important. ;)

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2014, 12:15:46 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I hope you dont burn them when he leaves :-X

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2014, 12:18:53 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I hope you dont burn them when he leaves :-X

I still have my Ray Allen Jordan 13s...those are classic sneakers ;)