Author Topic: What stat line do you expect from Marcus Smart this season?  (Read 2912 times)

Re: What stat line do you expect from Marcus Smart this season?
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2014, 04:05:08 AM »

Offline Gari

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 6
I honestly think he is avery bradley without the injuries. he is amazing with defense, struggles with jump shot decent 3 point shooter. However avery bradley without any injuries and a decent offensive game is still a great player.  I would consider that a third tier star.

He can dribble, pass and is an elite finisher and is often prolific at getting to the line.

He's not Avery Bradley.

I agree with almost everything you say except his ability to finish. You may say I'm jumping to conclusions, but based on summer league play, I'm not so confident about his finishing abilities. From what I've seen his dribble penetration is decent but he doesn't have the touch to finish at the rim. I may be a little too harsh, but with his strong body I expected him to get a lot of and-ones, as facing only summer league defense, but his style of play now is just blindly crashing into the crowd like jeff green and hope for foul calls.

I think he relies too much on trying to make power plays when he drives to the basket. I would want to see more versatile offensive moves from him like floaters, eurosteps, reverse layups, etc. He may have them already but he hasn't shown it to us yet.

Re: What stat line do you expect from Marcus Smart this season?
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2014, 05:03:27 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I honestly think he is avery bradley without the injuries. he is amazing with defense, struggles with jump shot decent 3 point shooter. However avery bradley without any injuries and a decent offensive game is still a great player.  I would consider that a third tier star.

He can dribble, pass and is an elite finisher and is often prolific at getting to the line.

He's not Avery Bradley.

I agree with almost everything you say except his ability to finish. You may say I'm jumping to conclusions, but based on summer league play, I'm not so confident about his finishing abilities. From what I've seen his dribble penetration is decent but he doesn't have the touch to finish at the rim. I may be a little too harsh, but with his strong body I expected him to get a lot of and-ones, as facing only summer league defense, but his style of play now is just blindly crashing into the crowd like jeff green and hope for foul calls.

I think he relies too much on trying to make power plays when he drives to the basket. I would want to see more versatile offensive moves from him like floaters, eurosteps, reverse layups, etc. He may have them already but he hasn't shown it to us yet.

I kind of agree.

He needs a bit more polish in his finishes.

I've said this before. After watching Smart's big games, he was putting up those numbers by going through bodies and over bodies. There were times he could have went for more nifty finishes.

But a Jeff Green type finisher he is not...he seems to already have the nice moves, probably needs just a little more practice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDil3GF2ORM