Author Topic: What stat line do you expect from Marcus Smart this season?  (Read 2916 times)

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I expect:

16.3MPG, 9.1PPG, 2.7RPG, 2.6APG, 0.2BPG, 1.1SPG

MPG (Minutes), PPG (points), RPG (Rebounds), APG (Assist), BPG (Blocks), SPG (Steals

Wat do you guys expect? Rondo will probably average 25-30 mins per game, and Pressey 5-10, so Smart maybe gets around 15 per game.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: What stat line do you expect from Marcus Smart this season?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 09:06:43 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Don't have any expectations about stat lines.

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 09:11:32 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I expect he'll get more assists than rebounds, even though he is a good rebounder for a guard

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 09:24:49 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
 I honestly think he is avery bradley without the injuries. he is amazing with defense, struggles with jump shot decent 3 point shooter. However avery bradley without any injuries and a decent offensive game is still a great player.  I would consider that a third tier star.
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 09:38:55 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I honestly think he is avery bradley without the injuries. he is amazing with defense, struggles with jump shot decent 3 point shooter. However avery bradley without any injuries and a decent offensive game is still a great player.  I would consider that a third tier star.

He can dribble, pass and is an elite finisher and is often prolific at getting to the line.

He's not Avery Bradley.

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 09:41:48 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I think smart is going to impress.  I would not be shocked if bradley is moved.  I see smart getting guard minutes at both positions.  I like what pressey does but I can't see him getting many minutes.  Unless of course his 3 pt range has improved.
18 mpg
7 pts
2 apg
1 steal
2 rpg
So basically if no trades are made I see smart being a tony allen like rookie but without the brain farts.  We all know that AB should not come anywhere near the pg position so I feel smart is going to be rondo's backup but with his defense I can see him getting sg minutes as well. 

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 09:42:05 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

He is already a better passer and ball handler than Bradley right now.  Bradley is probably the better shooter right now.  As we learned Bradley can't play the point on offense, and I think Smart should be able to do that just fine as well as play off the ball.

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 09:50:24 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
With Bradley resigning and to a lesser extent the additions of Marcus Thornton and Evan Turner, I think Marcus Smart's playing time will be limited. I think the 15-18mpg projections sound about right which disappoints me because I wanted to see him play 30+mpg this season. I thought Smart was one of the most NBA ready players in the draft but he has a tough job ahead of him to dislodge Bradley from starting job.

So say 18mpg. Then 7-8ppg. 2-3rpg. 2-3apg. 1+spg. Just under 2 turnovers per game. Struggles to stay above 40% FG% marker and hits around or under 30% from 3 point range. Inefficient offensive player. Assists hard to put firm marker on because it depends how much playing time he gets at PG (where I think he is a 5-6 assist per 36 player) or SG (2-3 assist per 36). In terms of per 36 numbers, I think 15-16 points 5 rebounds 2.5 steals, 3+ turnovers.

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 10:12:05 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
15pts/4reb/6ast/2stl/.3blk
31mpg

42fg%

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 10:15:26 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
8 pts/4 assts/5 rebounds/4 TOs
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 11:39:34 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
11 ppg
5 assist pg
3 RPG
1.4 steals pg

45% from the field
73% FT
35% from 3

All Rookie team Starting PG

In the hunt for 6th man of the year.
In the hunt for ROY.

Marcus smart will win the ROY if the celtics make the playoffs mark my words. If we make the playoffs it's going to be large part due to Marcus running our second team to a Tee.

I really love our bench this year, it's young and exciting and I can't wait to watch them play.

Marcus smart
Marcus Thornton
Turner
Bass
Kelly O

That's a good mixture of O and D. We have 3 shooters out there two in which can knock down the 3 and one who is one of the best in the league on mid rangers.

But I say our 2nd unit will play as followed for a few minutes because Smart will be our 6th man.

Smart
Avery
Green
Bass
Kelly

Give rondo and Zeller a rest.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 11:45:02 PM by bleedGREENdon »

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 11:42:25 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
I can also see smart playing great alongside rondo.

Two point guards who can cut well and pass proficiently.

Rondo
Smart
Green
Sully
Kelly

IMO is a lethal lineup and might end up our best lineup at one point in the year.

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 11:59:38 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I expect:

16.3MPG, 9.1PPG, 2.7RPG, 2.6APG, 0.2BPG, 1.1SPG

MPG (Minutes), PPG (points), RPG (Rebounds), APG (Assist), BPG (Blocks), SPG (Steals

Wat do you guys expect? Rondo will probably average 25-30 mins per game, and Pressey 5-10, so Smart maybe gets around 15 per game.

Awfully specific lol. Anyway I'd expect to see 20mpg, 10ppg, .400 2p%, .270 3p%, .700 ft% on 4fta, 4apg (lower if he's getting a lot of minutes at SG), 3rpg, and 1.5spg.

i would really like to see Smart getting >20mpg though, regardless of his production. Pressey and CJ can have a few garbage minutes, but I want to basically see a 3 guard rotation with RR AB and Smart (also I assume Young's minutes will be all at SF). I fully expect Smart to struggle shooting the ball, but he will make up for it on the defensive end and at the FT line. I hope to see him flourish as a distributor, so I hope he'll gety many of his minutes at the 1.

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2014, 12:05:51 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
8 ppg
2 rbpg
3 aspg
1 steal
.5 block

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2014, 12:08:46 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
10/4/5 on 42/29/75. 28 MPG.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.