Author Topic: Harden disrespects teammates  (Read 8521 times)

Re: Harden disrespects teammates
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2014, 10:48:19 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
So much for team chemistry. 

While there is some truth to it, he should have never rubbed it in. Bad move, James. Now every time Harden let someone backdoor cut, he'll have a ton of words from those "role players".
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2014, 11:15:13 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Very classless thing to say ......he can't win a title by himself .......so he thinks of his teammates as scrubs .......he'll need them ....it takes a team to win a title.

Calling your teammates role players is the opposite of calling them scrubs.

No...calling your teammates role players is the same as calling them scrubs.  That is not a compliment. 

That is a d!ck comment.

If a player refers to himself as a role player, is he calling himself a scrub>?

There's a big difference between the following...
 - someone calling himself a role player
 - someone calling himself a cornerstone and referring to his teammates as role players

That is a d!ck comment.
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2014, 11:31:33 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Very classless thing to say ......he can't win a title by himself .......so he thinks of his teammates as scrubs .......he'll need them ....it takes a team to win a title.

Calling your teammates role players is the opposite of calling them scrubs.

No...calling your teammates role players is the same as calling them scrubs.  That is not a compliment. 

That is a d!ck comment.

If a player refers to himself as a role player, is he calling himself a scrub>?

There's a big difference between the following...
 - someone calling himself a role player
 - someone calling himself a cornerstone and referring to his teammates as role players

That is a d!ck comment.

I agree, it was a classless move. Harden and Dwight both are clowns...if I was playing in Houston, I would want out.

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2014, 12:29:26 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I agree, it was a classless move. Harden and Dwight both are clowns...if I was playing in Houston, I would want out.

If I was playing in Houston, I'd suspect that a teammate who was that thin-skinned was likely to pout over not getting enough touches and probably couldn't handle the pressure of a tough playoff series.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2014, 12:32:03 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Harden and howard are horrible players.  Morey is horrible . Especially with what he did to Lin.

Rockets are going nowhere

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2014, 05:19:15 AM »

Offline Greenpoison

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Dwight Howard has a very similar sentiment.  Not sure if this was posted before.

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/07/18/howard-on-parsons-absence.ap/index.html

ATLANTA (AP) -- Dwight Howard doesn't believe the departure of Chandler Parsons will have a major impact on the Houston Rockets' title hopes next season.

"It won't affect us at all," Howard said Friday of Parsons signing a three-year, $45-million deal with the Dallas Mavericks.

Parsons was a three-year starter that complemented Howard and guard James Harden.

"We have myself and James," Howard said. "We have the best center and the best two guard in the game on the same team. It's on us."

Howard, who spoke at his father's 10th annual Howard/Howard basketball camp in Atlanta, said he wishes his former teammate well with the Mavericks. But Howard said he and Harden will be able to carry the load without the 25-year-old Parsons, who had career highs with 16.6 points, 5.5 rebounds and four assists for the Rockets last season.

This has been a busy offseason for Houston. The Rockets hosted Carmelo Anthony before making a four-year max contract offer to Chris Bosh, but Houston was unable to sign any of those major free agents.

Houston also lost role players Omer Asik, Jeremy Lin and Omri Casspi. The Rockets acquired veteran forward Trevor Ariza in a three-team trade this week.

Howard, 28, said the addition of Ariza was "big" for the Rockets.

"He'll go through a wall for you," Howard said of Ariza, who were teammates with the Orlando Magic. "Just to have soldiers on your team like that is great. We have that one-two punch with me and James. We're filling out our roster with guys who are willing to go through that wall and doing whatever it takes to win."

Soldiers, Dwight?  Right.  Because that impregnable wall you went through from LA to Houston (or Orlando to LA for that matter) exemplifies mental fortitude and is a shining example to everyone on your team.

It's rather unsurprising that Houston couldn't land one of the big free agents this summer.  Who'd want to play alongside Dwight "Coward" Howard and James "30 points on 30 shots" Harden?  All-Stars? Sure.  Winners?  Hardly.  They couldn't even get past a flawed Blazers team in the first round.

Dwight, you will never win a championship as the best player on your team.  You don't have the mental focus nor tenacity to do so.  Same for Harden.

I just want to point out how hard I laughed at your use of the word "impregnable" in a post about Dwight Howard. Dude reportedly has 8-10 kids with 8 different women? I laughed at your unintentional humor.

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2014, 06:06:38 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Not sure if there is more context to the statement, not a big fan of Harden anyway. He has a nice offensive game but he can't play the other half of the game that is basketball - you know the defence part!

Defensive Juggernaut - James Harden

www.youtube.com/embed/wVYJULACcao
Rondo plays this exact same style defense and most guys on here think he's one of the great defenders of all time. It's lazy for Harden just like it is lazy for Rondo.

No place for what he said though. Poor choice of words.
THANK YOU!!!!!! i thought i was the only one with that opinion, what a relief, i'm not crazy  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 06:15:49 AM by makaveli »
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2014, 07:58:27 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Not sure if there is more context to the statement, not a big fan of Harden anyway. He has a nice offensive game but he can't play the other half of the game that is basketball - you know the defence part!

Rondo plays this exact same style defense and most guys on here think he's one of the great defenders of all time. It's lazy for Harden just like it is lazy for Rondo.

It turns out that most coaches in the nba would agree with "most guys on here" since Rondo's made 4 all-defense teams and Harden doesn't get a single vote from a single coach most years. I think Rondo's defense last year when he was coming back from a knee injury was probably a fairly close match to the way his critics described his defense when he was 1st team all-defense.

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2014, 11:41:35 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I think Houston is going to suck with Parsons.  He was huge for him.  If he was a role player than Harden was on the D-League roster for OKC.

I agree with him about how ridiculous the statement is.  Of course he's right about the rest of his team being role players, but the whole "We’ve lost some pieces and added some pieces." is complete bull.  It makes him look very ignorant about the game, same goes for Dwight saying "Parsons leaving won't affect us at all."

They should be saying, "Parsons was a very talented player for us, and other guys are going to have to step so we can fill that hole."  Definitely makes me think that there were problems in that locker-room.  More than likely, Parsons asked for a larger role but Dwight/Harden wanted "theirs."
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2014, 11:53:22 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I think Houston is going to suck with Parsons.  He was huge for him.  If he was a role player than Harden was on the D-League roster for OKC.

I agree with him about how ridiculous the statement is.  Of course he's right about the rest of his team being role players, but the whole "We’ve lost some pieces and added some pieces." is complete bull.  It makes him look very ignorant about the game, same goes for Dwight saying "Parsons leaving won't affect us at all."

They should be saying, "Parsons was a very talented player for us, and other guys are going to have to step so we can fill that hole."  Definitely makes me think that there were problems in that locker-room.  More than likely, Parsons asked for a larger role but Dwight/Harden wanted "theirs."

I agree Parson was highly underrated on that team.    He brought a lot of critical hustle play and offense to the Rockets.  He was quick to pick up garbage rebounds and junk buckets with his quick play and thinking.

I believe they will not be anywhere as good as last year ..... I feel their team stepped backwards with the loss of Parens and Asik .

We ll see if Howard can tow the line with Asik not there to back him up
Lin. ...backup play off the bench will be missed

Rockets took a huge hit talent wise .....I don't think they can replace it easy.
I don't think Howard has the drive or motivation to be THE man every night.   Harden is just points , it will take Howard to lead them to a banner

I don't think he can do it.

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2014, 11:55:05 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

I imagine that the 'pieces' mindset is almost a necessity if you're going to play for Houston.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2014, 12:05:27 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Dwight Howard has a very similar sentiment.  Not sure if this was posted before.

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/07/18/howard-on-parsons-absence.ap/index.html

ATLANTA (AP) -- Dwight Howard doesn't believe the departure of Chandler Parsons will have a major impact on the Houston Rockets' title hopes next season.

"It won't affect us at all," Howard said Friday of Parsons signing a three-year, $45-million deal with the Dallas Mavericks.

Parsons was a three-year starter that complemented Howard and guard James Harden.

"We have myself and James," Howard said. "We have the best center and the best two guard in the game on the same team. It's on us."

Howard, who spoke at his father's 10th annual Howard/Howard basketball camp in Atlanta, said he wishes his former teammate well with the Mavericks. But Howard said he and Harden will be able to carry the load without the 25-year-old Parsons, who had career highs with 16.6 points, 5.5 rebounds and four assists for the Rockets last season.

This has been a busy offseason for Houston. The Rockets hosted Carmelo Anthony before making a four-year max contract offer to Chris Bosh, but Houston was unable to sign any of those major free agents.

Houston also lost role players Omer Asik, Jeremy Lin and Omri Casspi. The Rockets acquired veteran forward Trevor Ariza in a three-team trade this week.

Howard, 28, said the addition of Ariza was "big" for the Rockets.

"He'll go through a wall for you," Howard said of Ariza, who were teammates with the Orlando Magic. "Just to have soldiers on your team like that is great. We have that one-two punch with me and James. We're filling out our roster with guys who are willing to go through that wall and doing whatever it takes to win."

Soldiers, Dwight?  Right.  Because that impregnable wall you went through from LA to Houston (or Orlando to LA for that matter) exemplifies mental fortitude and is a shining example to everyone on your team.

It's rather unsurprising that Houston couldn't land one of the big free agents this summer.  Who'd want to play alongside Dwight "Coward" Howard and James "30 points on 30 shots" Harden?  All-Stars? Sure.  Winners?  Hardly.  They couldn't even get past a flawed Blazers team in the first round.

Dwight, you will never win a championship as the best player on your team.  You don't have the mental focus nor tenacity to do so.  Same for Harden.

I just want to point out how hard I laughed at your use of the word "impregnable" in a post about Dwight Howard. Dude reportedly has 8-10 kids with 8 different women? I laughed at your unintentional humor.

He sure sets a fine example for young men to live by .

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2014, 12:06:06 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
I'll bet those role players really love covering for Harden's laziness on the defensive end.

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2014, 01:43:17 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

It turns out that most coaches in the nba would agree with "most guys on here" since Rondo's made 4 all-defense teams and Harden doesn't get a single vote from a single coach most years. I think Rondo's defense last year when he was coming back from a knee injury was probably a fairly close match to the way his critics described his defense when he was 1st team all-defense.

Rondo made all defensive team mainly bc of his rebounding and steals numbers. 

When you want some one to stick to another player like glue, Rondo like Harden is only mediocre . The focus is scattered (prob thinking about steals and rebounds)

The older Rondo gets i'm afraid it's going to get worse .  He needs to stop worrying about rebound/steals and just stay in front of his man.  If you let that pg get by you or take adv of you on the PNR, you are making it harder on everyone to play defense.   

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2014, 01:46:14 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Rondo made all defensive team mainly bc of his rebounding and steals numbers. 

When you want some one to stick to another player like glue, Rondo like Harden is only mediocre . The focus is scattered (prob thinking about steals and rebounds)

The older Rondo gets i'm afraid it's going to get worse .  He needs to stop worrying about rebound/steals and just stay in front of his man.  If you let that pg get by you or take adv of you on the PNR, you are making it harder on everyone to play defense.

Sigh....

Here we go again.

By the way, CP3 was heavily criticized for years on years for being the one to 'gamble,' on steals.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different