Author Topic: Harden disrespects teammates  (Read 8537 times)

Harden disrespects teammates
« on: July 24, 2014, 08:08:13 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
“Dwight (Howard) and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets,” said Harden. “The rest of the guys are role players or pieces that complete our team. We’ve lost some pieces and added some pieces. I think we’ll be fine next season.”

Yea, we don't want any part of these two

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

Re: Harden disrespects teammates
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 08:13:28 PM »

Offline Sievers81

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
Not sure if there is more context to the statement, not a big fan of Harden anyway. He has a nice offensive game but he can't play the other half of the game that is basketball - you know the defence part!

Defensive Juggernaut - James Harden

www.youtube.com/embed/wVYJULACcao

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 08:15:13 PM »

Offline Mlewis1392

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
He needs to keep his mouth shut for 2 reasons.. He's an arrogant idiot who doesn't realize he was nothing but a role player in OKC and do us a favor and keep your mouth closed James no one wants to see those horrendous teeth.. You get paid millions try and look like it

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 08:15:35 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Idk. To me he might be speaking the truth.

Nobody on that squad except Harden and Dwight could put up 25+ ppg. Chandler Parsons was ditched, and I think Patrick Beverly or Trevor Ariza would be their third best option at this point...

Nonetheless, I have no respect for those two clowns in Houston.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 08:18:51 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
Idk. To me he might be speaking the truth.

Nobody on that squad except Harden and Dwight could put up 25+ ppg. Chandler Parsons was ditched, and I think Patrick Beverly or Trevor Ariza would be their third best option at this point...

Nonetheless, I have no respect for those two clowns in Houston.

Just because it's the truth doesn't mean it should be said by him.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 08:27:55 PM by Clench123 »

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 08:25:30 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Not sure if there is more context to the statement, not a big fan of Harden anyway. He has a nice offensive game but he can't play the other half of the game that is basketball - you know the defence part!

Rondo plays this exact same style defense and most guys on here think he's one of the great defenders of all time. It's lazy for Harden just like it is lazy for Rondo.

No place for what he said though. Poor choice of words.

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 08:26:37 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
it's one thing to think, it's another to say it. You don't think his teammates knows that?

what will they say when they hear this "man, what an Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.!"

The Rockets is a cancerous place to play in. Him and Dwight the clown will not win anything

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 08:27:03 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Rondo plays this exact same style defense and most guys on here think he's one of the great defenders of all time. It's lazy for Harden just like it is lazy for Rondo.

No one in the NBA knows how to play defense, unless they are on the Celtics.

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 08:32:25 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

It's very different because Harden has no **** idea where his man is. Whereas Rondo might be "too" defensively aware and cheats too much.

But you're missing the point here...Gerald Henderson just ran a marathon on the court and Harden had no idea!

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 08:34:35 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Not sure if there is more context to the statement

The context is that he is saying that the rest of his teammates, including new additions, are as valuable as the departed Jeremy Lin and Chandler Parsons, so the team is not diminished by their leaving.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 08:47:38 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2003
Dwight Howard has a very similar sentiment.  Not sure if this was posted before.

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/07/18/howard-on-parsons-absence.ap/index.html

ATLANTA (AP) -- Dwight Howard doesn't believe the departure of Chandler Parsons will have a major impact on the Houston Rockets' title hopes next season.

"It won't affect us at all," Howard said Friday of Parsons signing a three-year, $45-million deal with the Dallas Mavericks.

Parsons was a three-year starter that complemented Howard and guard James Harden.

"We have myself and James," Howard said. "We have the best center and the best two guard in the game on the same team. It's on us."

Howard, who spoke at his father's 10th annual Howard/Howard basketball camp in Atlanta, said he wishes his former teammate well with the Mavericks. But Howard said he and Harden will be able to carry the load without the 25-year-old Parsons, who had career highs with 16.6 points, 5.5 rebounds and four assists for the Rockets last season.

This has been a busy offseason for Houston. The Rockets hosted Carmelo Anthony before making a four-year max contract offer to Chris Bosh, but Houston was unable to sign any of those major free agents.

Houston also lost role players Omer Asik, Jeremy Lin and Omri Casspi. The Rockets acquired veteran forward Trevor Ariza in a three-team trade this week.

Howard, 28, said the addition of Ariza was "big" for the Rockets.

"He'll go through a wall for you," Howard said of Ariza, who were teammates with the Orlando Magic. "Just to have soldiers on your team like that is great. We have that one-two punch with me and James. We're filling out our roster with guys who are willing to go through that wall and doing whatever it takes to win."

Soldiers, Dwight?  Right.  Because that impregnable wall you went through from LA to Houston (or Orlando to LA for that matter) exemplifies mental fortitude and is a shining example to everyone on your team.

It's rather unsurprising that Houston couldn't land one of the big free agents this summer.  Who'd want to play alongside Dwight "Coward" Howard and James "30 points on 30 shots" Harden?  All-Stars? Sure.  Winners?  Hardly.  They couldn't even get past a flawed Blazers team in the first round.

Dwight, you will never win a championship as the best player on your team.  You don't have the mental focus nor tenacity to do so.  Same for Harden.

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 08:56:35 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
He can think it, but it's classless to say it.  Plus, what have he and Dwight ever won?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 09:08:04 PM »

Offline merkins

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 15
Wait, I missed the Parsons signing, I thought the general consensus was Houston would match.  In what alternate universe does Parsons make $15 million and Dirk make around 8 million.  If that is the case, Cuban should begin erecting the Dirk statue outside the front of the arena right now.

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2014, 09:09:04 PM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64
Can't wait for their "role players" to speak up but Harden may get too "defensive", which I doubt will ever happen....
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2014, 09:09:16 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
Not sure if there is more context to the statement

The context is that he is saying that the rest of his teammates, including new additions, are as valuable as the departed Jeremy Lin and Chandler Parsons, so the team is not diminished by their leaving.

Where did you get all of that in the "they just role players" comment when referring to his teammates?