Author Topic: Jeff Green Plus First for Vonleh  (Read 4820 times)

Re: Jeff Green Plus First for Vonleh
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2014, 11:20:15 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Green is better than the average small forward, he is worth Vonleh and THEIR future first.

I think this season he's gonna do 20ppg

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2014, 11:38:56 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Green is better than the average small forward, he is worth Vonleh and THEIR future first.

This is a super-homer comment that is simply not true.
What GM is giving up an 18 year old 6'10" monster with shooting ability, dribble drive game and low post game on a rookie scale contract for Jeff Green?
Our team isn't a contender, we need to dump guys like Green and Bass to playoff teams. They just stint the development of our young guys and assets.

Go over to RealGM and post the idea of Green for Vonleh+Charlotte pick and see the reaction.
I don't mean to be an a$$ but never in a million years does a trade like that happen.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2014, 11:40:17 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I'm chuckling to myself at the responses in this thread that go along the lines of 'no way, Jeff is the 3rd or 4th best option on a contender, you can't trade him for an unknown rookie!'

Haha.

Danny Ainge says his prayers at night for a trade like this.

Unfortunately Charlotte has zero interest in a deal like this unless they're getting much more. Vonleh looks very good in summer league. He's got the potential to be Chris Bosh with better handles and driving capability. He's 18, he's still growing, and the world is at his feet.

Would you give up Noah Vonleh for Jeff Green? I don't think so.
We'd have to take back Gerald Henderson or Gary Neal, or probably both so they can take Green and Bass to make them a tougher playoff team. We'd also have to throw in two picks.

Realistic deal? Something like:

Green+Bass+2015 Clippers pick+2016 Brooklyn pick+Philly 2nd rounder pick 2015-16

for

Gerald Henderson+Gary Neal+Noah Vonleh

Even then, To think you can get Noah Vonleh for two mid first round picks is being overly- homerish. You'd probably need at least a top 10 pick +Green to get him.

Vonleh "looks really good in summer league???????"  I really hope you are not serious.  He shot 28.4% as a center in summer league!!!!!!!!!!  That literally might be the worst shooting percentage of ANY center EVER starting and playing in that many games in summer league HISTORY!!!!!

http://www.nba.com/summerleague/2014/players/sl_noah_vonleh/index.html

Smitty77

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2014, 12:40:12 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
I'm chuckling to myself at the responses in this thread that go along the lines of 'no way, Jeff is the 3rd or 4th best option on a contender, you can't trade him for an unknown rookie!'

Haha.

Unfortunately Charlotte has zero interest in a deal like this unless they're getting much more. Vonleh looks very good in summer league. He's got the potential to be Chris Bosh with better handles and driving capability. He's 18, he's still growing, and the world is at his feet.

We'd have to take back Gerald Henderson or Gary Neal, or probably both so they can take Green and Bass to make them a tougher playoff team. We'd also have to throw in two picks.

Green+Bass+2015 Clippers pick+2016 Brooklyn pick+Philly 2nd rounder pick 2015-16

for

Even then, To think you can get Noah Vonleh for two mid first round picks is being overly- homerish. You'd probably need at least a top 10 pick +Green to get him.

Vonleh "looks really good in summer league???????"  I really hope you are not serious.  He shot 28.4% as a center in summer league!!!!!!!!!!  That literally might be the worst shooting percentage of ANY center EVER starting and playing in that many games in summer league HISTORY!!!!!

Smitty77

have you actually watched any Hornets SL games?
He's 18 years old, 6'10" and 240 pounds, he also shoots more mid range jumpshots than most bigs in summer league. But the point is that he is a BABY. Give him 2 years in the gym, learning post moves and defensive positiong- whilst hopefully growing another inch or two, and this kid is one of the best prospect big men in a long time. He'll put on another 15-20 pounds of muscle and become more explosive.

Marcus Smart shot 29% from the field and 25.9% from three and I think most of us would still be very happy with his performance in SL. Would you trade Marcus Smart for Jeff Green?

Vonleh's footwork, soft touch and anticipation skills are incredible.
He's playing against men for the first time. He's shown ball handling skills that are insane for a power forward and he's got the ability to break defenders down off the dribble- almost like a small forward. Watch the following clip from SL.
He's got range, size, footwork and rebounding instincts and the Hornets will be very happy that they snagged this kid with the 9th pick.

To even dream that the Hornets would give you Vonleh for Green is insulting to Hornets fans. Let alone Vonleh and a pick for Green lol.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2014, 02:57:24 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

What GM is giving up an 18 year old 6'10" monster with shooting ability, dribble drive game and low post game on a rookie scale contract for Jeff Green?
Our team isn't a contender, we need to dump guys like Green and Bass to playoff teams. They just stint the development of our young guys and assets.

Go over to RealGM and post the idea of Green for Vonleh+Charlotte pick and see the reaction.
I don't mean to be an a$$ but never in a million years does a trade like that happen.

Who is Michael Jordan? ;D

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2014, 04:21:46 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2014, 06:22:46 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rZhrcQY8WM

I'm not really going to weigh into this but showing a few decent buckets from a game where his team are 40 points down is hardly a 'highlight reel'....

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2014, 08:52:53 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
no team wants jeff green.

-jackie macmullan.

-jackie macmullan.

-jackie macmullan.

I guess I could write it 3 times but I won't..

"A source tells Bulpett that an opposing team is ready to trade for Jeff Green if the Celtics are willing to let him go."

Steve Bulpett

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/jeff-green

And since Bulpett is a beat writer for the team and Jackie McMcullen is not, I tend to believe him more...

Unfortunately that report was over five weeks ago. A lot changes on teams' roster and cap situations as the draft takes place and FA rolls on.

So why do we think Charlotte only signed Vonleh for two years? Because that's all he and his agent agreed to, hoping they'll get a bigger deal after developing as a 19 and 20yo? Is this a trend for lottery-pick players?

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2014, 09:06:50 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Not really a super homer comment. Green is a very good SF on a reasonable contract. Look at what Parsons and Gordon are getting, and while there are arguments on assists and consistency being better, is it really 6 or 7 million better?

Will Green average 20ppg? Probably not, but I could see him going up a couple points to 16 or 17.

Charlotte is a playoff team, and with Micheal Jordan as the GM, I wouldn't be surprised if he made a move like this. They finally got to the playoffs, Jefferson only has an other year or he could bolt, so they are going to want to make him happy by improving. Rookies aren't going to do that.

Now that being said. Charlotte's biggest weakness is the SF spot, followed by the PF. While Vonleh could have  a bright future, the Hornets are trying to win now, not later and may not want to wait 3 years for him to be ready. This is why GM's trade high potential for good serviceable talent. They need to get the team to the playoffs to make the owners more money.

Now Green,Sully to the Hornets would make sense. It would give the Hornets a SF thats needed. And a young PF that can play now. The only thing is the Hornets don't have anything contract wise that works with out taking on too many players. We're trying to cut some players not add.  Henderson and Neal are SG's and we don't need any more of those. Taylor's contract wont work. I'm not interested in MKG. So I think a third team would have to be involved for this to really work.

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2014, 09:43:12 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
no way
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2014, 09:57:59 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He's 18 years old, 6'10" and 240 pounds, he also shoots more mid range jumpshots than most bigs in summer league. But the point is that he is a BABY. Give him 2 years in the gym, learning post moves and defensive positiong- whilst hopefully growing another inch or two, and this kid is one of the best prospect big men in a long time. He'll put on another 15-20 pounds of muscle and become more explosive.

Are you are that he wants to play SF?  All that size worthless on the perimeter because he will be slow of foot compared to the wings.   The fact that he shoots outside more shows me he lacks  mental toughness and doesn't like contact or banging down low.  You just got Andre Blatche Jr!

Did you watch his college games and him leading his team to the NCAAs? (sarcasm).  Pass, I rather have Green.

To even dream that the Hornets would give you Vonleh for Green is insulting to Hornets fans. Let alone Vonleh and a pick for Green lo

As if we do worse than life itself at insulting you?   MKG bust!  Biyombo! Adam Morrison bust!  Jordan one of the worse GM's in sports.    The times I have visited Charlotte people were more interested in the Panthers than Hornets.   Didn't you guys have a team moved?   Everyone knows that is a College Basketball State and pro team is an afterthought.

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2014, 10:46:36 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I'm not sure you should call someone a super-homer and then start talking about a late lottery pick who hasn't even played in a exhibition game like he's the next Amare. It's one of those pot/kettle things.

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2014, 10:56:19 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Haha.

for

Smitty77

Marcus Smart shot 29% from the field and 25.9% from three and I think most of us would still be very happy with his performance in SL. Would you trade Marcus Smart for Jeff Green?

Vonleh's footwork, soft touch and anticipation skills are incredible.
He's playing against men for the first time. He's shown ball handling skills that are insane for a power forward and he's got the ability to break defenders down off the dribble- almost like a small forward. Watch the following clip from SL.
He's got range, size, footwork and rebounding instincts and the Hornets will be very happy that they snagged this kid with the 9th pick.

To even dream that the Hornets would give you Vonleh for Green is insulting to Hornets fans. Let alone Vonleh and a pick for Green lol.

If Ainge thought Vonleh was so good he would have drafted him. Green was the #5 pick in the draft by the way, and he has already proven he can play on both ends in the NBA. Vonleh has high bust probability, and being selected by MJ just adds to that probability. I'm sure the Wizards would have been ecstatic to trade that pick for Green if the offer was on the table.