Author Topic: The anticipation is killing me.  (Read 7701 times)

Re: The anticipation is killing me.
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2014, 05:34:18 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
I was loving it when Love visited Boston but since then its went into the dumper with me.  If Minny wanted McDermott so [dang] bad why did we draft Smart.  Missing out on Love means Tankapalooza II to me and I'm sick of it.  Why renew my NBA Pass?

Because real fans stick by there team through thick and thin. It's easy to be a fan during the good times but the real fans suffer through the bad making the good that much more enjoyable when it happens.

I don't want to be the arbiter of what a real fan is, but I tend to agree with Banner18's sentiment.   Being bad is something that every team in the league goes through -- and most teams have gone through decades without winning.  In this era, we've had one non-competitive season.  I stayed with them through Wickes/Rowe, and through the 22 season drought.  This is nothing.

Re: The anticipation is killing me.
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2014, 07:20:56 PM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 110
I am pretty sure Boston makes at least one more deal of some sort. The 5.3 million of Bogans contract is just too tasty for a team to pass up. Someone is going to want the cap savings. I think Jeff Green starts the season as a Celtic but gets dealt during the season to a contender in need of help down the stretch.

Another point to consider: Rondo, Green, Thorton, Bass and to some degree Turner will all be playing for a contract. They are going to bring it night in and night out in order to maximize their next contract. This can only help us as a team.

Regarding not liking the team because they are not very good, I actually like watching a team develop. I enjoy seeing players break out into serious NBA figures. My money is on Sullinger. I think he will put up 18 and 11 next year and we all be saying "Kevin Love who?".

Feel free to rip me on this but remember, Sullinger was doing very well last year, even nabbing a player of the week award. His numbers are hard to judge because he was clearly chucking up threes during the season as practice. Stevens and Jared basically said as much. If he improves his three point percentage to say 35% he becomes a very tough player to guard. Basically Zach Randolph with three point range. Not half bad.