Author Topic: The anticipation is killing me.  (Read 7661 times)

The anticipation is killing me.
« on: July 24, 2014, 12:57:52 PM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 110

We all can plainly see this is not the line up we will be putting out on the floor opening night. That said, I am enjoying the daily drama of what will happen next. The speculation, the working the trade machines and mocking up potential line ups is a blast frankly. I have to admit I am mystified as to what Boston might be doing, I am loving it.

Re: The anticipation is killing me.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 05:38:55 AM »

Online timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I was loving it when Love visited Boston but since then its went into the dumper with me.  If Minny wanted McDermott so [dang] bad why did we draft Smart.  Missing out on Love means Tankapalooza II to me and I'm sick of it.  Why renew my NBA Pass?

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 06:39:58 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
you renew the pass ,you buy a season ticket , you attend games because you don`t just follow your team..... are married to it

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 07:17:52 AM »

Offline Timmio1990

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 3
It was literally one season of being bad after many seasons of being really good, I'm not sick of it. To me this is part of watching the team develop into the the team we all want to watch.

You renew your league pass because even losing it's still Boston playing basketball and it's fun to watch a new coach with new players develop and identity going forward. The future of the Celtics is still looking good, good young prospects, plenty of cap space in the future and owners who aren't afraid to spend money to win. Just think you could be a fan on a team who is one piece away and have owners who won't spend money to win. That is what I would get sick of.

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 07:56:53 AM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
I was loving it when Love visited Boston but since then its went into the dumper with me.  If Minny wanted McDermott so [dang] bad why did we draft Smart.  Missing out on Love means Tankapalooza II to me and I'm sick of it.  Why renew my NBA Pass?

Because real fans stick by there team through thick and thin. It's easy to be a fan during the good times but the real fans suffer through the bad making the good that much more enjoyable when it happens.

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 08:02:13 AM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
our offseason is done imo. i think we're going to roll with what we have for now.

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 09:08:02 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
our offseason is done imo. i think we're going to roll with what we have for now.
I agree..probably waive Johnson, Baab, and Bogans..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 09:21:56 AM »

Offline Timmio1990

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 3
Yeah I can't imagine there being any huge changes over the next few months, they don't quite have the talent to land any stars in trades.

Ideally we role with what we have, give the young players plenty of minutes and let them play through their mistakes and learn to play at the NBA level.

I am excited to watch Smart play, his penetration game should help create space for some shooters.

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 09:40:48 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

There is still Love and Monroe to fall in the FA season. Once Minni figures out what to do and what they actually want, then Monroe will be the next big target. After that teams will adjust, tweek their rosters, and we may see some moves after that. DA is patient and always working. Wouldn't be surprised if something happens next month.

It's going to take longer now that Cleveland signed Wiggins, an other 30 days. If they move him at all.

Maybe DA is trying to work a Monroe trade, with Rondo and Green, go young. Or have Detriot send Monroe to Minni and the C's get Love, Detriot gets Green, Sully/Ko, and picks for helping out.

Maybe Cleveland and Boston are working deals that have Boston sending expires and Bogans contract so Cleveland can sign Love in the off season and forget about Minni and what they want.

There are still a lot of things that could happen and plenty of time to get it done before either the preseason or trade deadline.

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 09:54:06 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

I think I agree. More moves to come in the regular season.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2014, 09:54:47 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

There is still Love and Monroe to fall in the FA season. Once Minni figures out what to do and what they actually want, then Monroe will be the next big target. After that teams will adjust, tweek their rosters, and we may see some moves after that. DA is patient and always working. Wouldn't be surprised if something happens next month.

It's going to take longer now that Cleveland signed Wiggins, an other 30 days. If they move him at all.

Maybe DA is trying to work a Monroe trade, with Rondo and Green, go young. Or have Detriot send Monroe to Minni and the C's get Love, Detriot gets Green, Sully/Ko, and picks for helping out.

Maybe Cleveland and Boston are working deals that have Boston sending expires and Bogans contract so Cleveland can sign Love in the off season and forget about Minni and what they want.

There are still a lot of things that could happen and plenty of time to get it done before either the preseason or trade deadline.

Optimistic thinking, but that ship has sailed.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2014, 10:04:02 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think we do make another trade this offseason, but not until the Love situation is resolved. So if anything happens it will be a month from now in late August.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2014, 10:11:09 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

We drafted Smart so we can trade Rondo.

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2014, 10:22:34 AM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64

We drafted Smart so we can trade Rondo.

Assumptions are not facts
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2014, 10:29:04 AM »

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
  • Rondolope
you renew the pass ,you buy a season ticket , you attend games because you don`t just follow your team..... are married to it

Exactly! Think of the C's as a pregnant wife. You love her, even though she's fat and tired and no fun. But soon the baby will come and the new chapter will be more exciting than ever!
"You can't play like a robot" -Coach Stevens