Author Topic: Chicago fans dont want Love  (Read 3474 times)

Chicago fans dont want Love
« on: July 24, 2014, 12:46:39 AM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
I live in Chicago die hard Celts fan, all sports talk radio was a buzz today talking about it. Most people dont want Love I was shocked that they didnt want to give up these pieces to get Love.

Re: Chicago fans dont want Love
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 12:54:13 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Behind enemy lines, I see (sarcasm).  What would they give up for him, because a team with Love, Noah, and Pau (presumably as the 6th man in such a scenario), would be terrible defensively as a frontcourt.  I mean, yeah, Gasol can block shots (when he doesn't foul you over the back that they haven't called in 20 years), but he's not Gibson defensively.  Not even close.  How would he fit in on such a squad, if he would even be on that team at all?  Are there any specific reasons Bulls' fans are giving for not wanting the guy?

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 12:55:11 AM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
The have Noah and just signed Gasol  Why give up assets on another big?  Sure a three man big rotation of Love, Gasol ,and Noah would be great but they probably feel they have other holes to fill

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 12:58:52 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
I live in Chicago die hard Celts fan, all sports talk radio was a buzz today talking about it. Most people dont want Love I was shocked that they didnt want to give up these pieces to get Love.

when i saw the offer of Taj, Doug, and Mirotic for kLove... i was absolutely stunned.  so much young talent and int'l investment... for Love.

this is one of those situations where i would not give that much up for KLove, especially after signing Pau
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 01:07:56 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Chicago fans should just shut up and Pray that Rose is okay----cause they aint going nowhere without him.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 03:41:04 AM »

Offline redrobot

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 4
I don't see how Chicago's reported offer stacks up anywhere close to what Cleveland is supposed to have put out there.

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 04:27:30 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99

when i saw the offer of Taj, Doug, and Mirotic for kLove... i was absolutely stunned.  so much young talent and int'l investment... for Love.

this is one of those situations where i would not give that much up for KLove, especially after signing Pau

IMHO Taj is a very nice player, high motor, and with a lot of upside. If ever Chicago trades him with Mcbuckets and Mirotic for Love, they'll lose in that gamble
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 07:02:34 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Although the situation was slightly reversed,  I remember kobe didn't want to go to Chicago is they had to trade Deng to get him. I don't remember if Chicago fans were against this at the time too.  Some fan bases are content with status quo.

Thibs  could definitely find a way to hide love's man to man defense even though he had 3.7 defensive win shares,  same with LeBron.  Probably due to his rebounding.

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 07:35:32 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Fans don't like it because the type of players being offered are fan favorites.  The scrappy bench player who works his way into the starting lineup to great results.  The Euro they've been hearing about for years, who is going to put them over the top.  The lottery pick who just tore up summer league.

That package hits all the fan hot buttons.  Any fan base in the NBA would root for those types of players.   It's similar to why a lot of Celtics fans didn't want to give up the homegrown Al Jefferson for KG.  Plus, there's probably some element of "this isn't going to happen anyway, so why get my hopes up?"

Objectively, a good role player and two largely unknown rookies aren't enough for Kevin Love.  When you add hope and emotion to the package, though, you get some funky results.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 07:50:00 AM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
I'd straight up rather have Jimmy Butler on my team than Kevin Love (in a weird way).  I feel like he helps a team win more than Kevin Love does.

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 12:56:27 PM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
Chicago needs nothing but a SG or SF. Gibson and Noah is great defensive back court. Gasol is a freaking champion. IDC how old he is. There front court  rotation is actually pretty stunning especially when 2nd units gotta face Gasol or Gibson.  Trading Dougy will be a big mistake. Hes  there new Korver and might even be more then a Korver. Like someone said before. Font putt all ya eggs in one basket not even sure what Rose is going to do.

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 01:03:33 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
There were Boston fans that didn't want KG. Those fans were wrong just like the anti Love Chicago fans. Top 10 players do not come along often grab one when ever you can.

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 01:10:31 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

IMHO Taj is a very nice player, high motor, and with a lot of upside. If ever Chicago trades him with Mcbuckets and Mirotic for Love, they'll lose in that gamble

Taj is 29 years old. I think his upside is just about tapped out. The real gamble IMO is Mirotic. If he's as good as advertised, that'd be too much for them.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2014, 01:22:57 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be
Fans don't like it because the type of players being offered are fan favorites.  The scrappy bench player who works his way into the starting lineup to great results.  The Euro they've been hearing about for years, who is going to put them over the top.  The lottery pick who just tore up summer league.

That package hits all the fan hot buttons.  Any fan base in the NBA would root for those types of players.   It's similar to why a lot of Celtics fans didn't want to give up the homegrown Al Jefferson for KG.  Plus, there's probably some element of "this isn't going to happen anyway, so why get my hopes up?"

Objectively, a good role player and two largely unknown rookies aren't enough for Kevin Love.  When you add hope and emotion to the package, though, you get some funky results.

Pretty much spot on.

A lot of people out here also seem to think that Mirotic is going to be the 2nd coming of J.C. and don't seem to understand why their offer isn't generally considered the best one out there for Love.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2014, 02:19:50 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice

Taj is a back up who can play d but limited on offense. He's going on 30 as well. DM could very well be the next Jimmer so no loss there. IMPO I never trust these overseas prospects. No one has been even close to Dirk (lottery picks) even Rubio and JV.

No brainer for Chicago if then can keep picks and Butler. Salaries on those three almost matches Love's
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)