Author Topic: Ray Allen is leaning to signing with the cavs  (Read 17735 times)

Re: Ray Allen is leaning to signing with the cavs
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2014, 07:44:26 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
I think when Ray gets inducted into the Hall of Fame, instead of wearing the team cap of the celtics, heat, Cavs, or any of the teams he played on, he will wear Lebron's jockstrap on his head.
That's funny..TP for that one
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2014, 07:55:10 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Ray needs to hop off Lebron

He's a relative one trick pony at this point but a smart one.

He knows whose coattails to ride.
Then why didn't he ask for a buy-out and sign with San Antonio last year?

SA don't want him.  They already have guys that is better than him at what he does

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2014, 08:37:26 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
I think when Ray gets inducted into the Hall of Fame, instead of wearing the team cap of the celtics, heat, Cavs, or any of the teams he played on, he will wear Lebron's jockstrap on his head.
That's funny..TP for that one
+

...and another to both of you...

« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2014, 08:47:05 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Ray Allen must really like Gloria James oven-baked goodies;
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2014, 01:36:21 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
What would Jesus do?

« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2014, 02:03:45 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Lot of pathethic, butthurt people here. As Ray Allen fan that's the perfect decision for him. He's 39. Way better than robbing money from the nets last and this season by KG and Pierce. KG should heve retired last year. Instead he robbed the nets 12M. And this year he continues...
Yeah because KG just couldn't wait to leave the Celtics to go and rob the Nets ::)
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2014, 02:23:01 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Lot of pathethic, butthurt people here. As Ray Allen fan that's the perfect decision for him. He's 39. Way better than robbing money from the nets last and this season by KG and Pierce. KG should heve retired last year. Instead he robbed the nets 12M. And this year he continues...
Yeah because KG just couldn't wait to leave the Celtics to go and rob the Nets ::)

The real robbery was Ainge robbing the Nets.

What the Nets have to show now for giving up ___ first rounders:
1. Severely underperforming Kevin Garnett.
2. Shed Gerald Wallace's contract.

« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2014, 08:23:10 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
So if Ray Allen paid $50K to golf with Obama on Martha's Vineyard today....that points to him coming back, right?

« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2014, 09:28:10 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
So if Ray Allen paid $50K to golf with Obama on Martha's Vineyard today....that points to him coming back, right?

I have absolutely nothing tangible to back this up, but Ray seems like a guy that would be really smart with his money.  Like Carson Palmer, "I live off endorsements and haven't spent one dime of my game checks" smart.  He probably doesn't bat an eye at 50k.

« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2014, 09:37:31 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
This could just be me but "really smart with money" and "doesn't bat an eye at spending 50K in a few hours" probably just don't belong in the same sentence. That said I agree he doesn't seem likely to pull a Toine in quite the same way.

« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2014, 10:01:34 PM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2477
Ray Allen playing with Anderson Varejao should be fun now lol.

For those who don't know

Hahah yup. I remember that game. Cavs were wrecking Boston during the regular season back in 2009. And then this eventually happened!

To be fair, the Cavs wrecked everyone that year.  With or without KG I don't think we could have beaten them, given that we had no bench (thanks Danny!).  In regards to that picture, Varejao is a dirty player who flops as much as his hair, and he definitely had something coming his way, which made this moment all the more hilarious, whether it was intentional or not, and I doubt that it was ;D -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srQJmiMYJK8

I believe the appropriate emoticon here for Varejao is  :o  On a side note, how did he get the nickname, "sideshow bob?"

they wrecked everybody just to be wrecked by the lowly Orlando Magics. KG would've made a difference

+1
a battered c's team took the magic to 7 games, while the magic smoked the cavs the next series. it wasn't just KG that was injured, powe was out, tony allen could barely play, and scalabrine was injured too if i recall, though he did play a fair amount of minutes. basically our only healthy bigs were perkins and big baby davis. if the c's were healthy they easily win the east, and have a good shot at beating the lakers in the finals.
the cavs got by in the regular season with tenacity, energy, and tons of 3-pointers. come playoff time, though, with the intensity of other teams increased, the cavs' long-range shots stopped falling, and their mediocre talent got exposed.