Author Topic: Ray Allen is leaning to signing with the cavs  (Read 17800 times)

Re: Ray Allen is leaning to signing with the cavs
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2014, 11:12:35 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Lol, sooooo pathetic.

When we play the Cavs this season, I think we need Gerald Wallace or even Rajon Rondo to "accidentally" step on his ankles when he tries to make a 3.

Although that wouldn't be the worse thing for Ray because then Lebron can massage the pain.

Wade'll take care of him.

Hate them all you want but at least our guys aren't dirty.
TP this made me laugh so hard
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2014, 11:35:16 AM »

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13
Lot of pathethic, butthurt people here. As Ray Allen fan that's the perfect decision for him. He's 39. Way better than robbing money from the nets last and this season by KG and Pierce. KG should heve retired last year. Instead he robbed the nets 12M. And this year he continues...

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2014, 11:37:12 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Lot of pathethic, butthurt people here. As Ray Allen fan that's the perfect decision for him. He's 39. Way better than robbing money from the nets last and this season by KG and Pierce. KG should heve retired last year. Instead he robbed the nets 12M. And this year he continues...

How is KG robbing the Nets? The Nets paid high price to get him and are paying him the money. Why wouldn't he stay?

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2014, 11:51:03 AM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64

Nets got them from us even knowing what's their age and what they can "still" do in the court...
They took a risk and paid the price...
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2014, 11:57:04 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
The only surprise here is that it's taken a couple weeks for Ray to restate his intention to follow James. I'm kinda over my displeasure w/ Ray Ray. Other than picking Miami for that 2 year stint, there's nothing negative I say say about the guy. He was a joy to cheer for while in green. He got a ring in Miami. Can you really blame him? The C's were a sinking ship and he got off the boat at the right time.

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2014, 12:05:25 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
The only surprise here is that it's taken a couple weeks for Ray to restate his intention to follow James. I'm kinda over my displeasure w/ Ray Ray. Other than picking Miami for that 2 year stint, there's nothing negative I say say about the guy. He was a joy to cheer for while in green. He got a ring in Miami. Can you really blame him? The C's were a sinking ship and he got off the boat at the right time.

Yes, you can blame him.  He's the biggest D rider in the league.

Rondo sniffed this bum out from the start.

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2014, 12:06:41 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

My reaction exactly. I don't know if Ray's got any more to offer than Pierce or KG, he just has the good fortune of being able to play with the best player in the world right now.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2014, 12:44:49 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell

My reaction exactly. I don't know if Ray's got any more to offer than Pierce or KG, he just has the good fortune of being able to play with the best player in the world right now.

That's ok.  Let him go.

It will be great when Ainge, Pierce, and KG have their numbers retired and put in the rafters.  Ray can watch from Cleveland, Miami, or wherever the hells bells he wants to.  It will look good on his 70 ", and I bet he'll have fun cuddling with LeBron and watching it from the couch.

« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2014, 12:47:56 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
I would have like to see Allen go to Indiana, Dallas, or OK City
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2014, 12:48:52 PM »

Offline djbilly33

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 11
Ray can go kick rocks, he can have fun carrying LeBron's jockstrap

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2014, 12:51:18 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548

Allen is a much better role player than Pierce and Garnett as a result of his deadly shooting.  They all have lost a step, they all can't handle a starter's work load, etc., but Allen can still hit the long ball as well as anyone in the league.  He can still hit foul shots at over 90%.  When you are talking about role players, Allen is much more valuable and serves a much greater purpose than Pierce and certainly Garnett.  The way Allen looked last year, he could probably be in the league another 5 years just standing in the corner bombing. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2014, 12:52:45 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
I would have like to see Allen go to Indiana, Dallas, or OK City

I would like to see him go back to Seattle

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2014, 12:55:13 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell

Allen is a much better role player than Pierce and Garnett as a result of his deadly shooting.  They all have lost a step, they all can't handle a starter's work load, etc., but Allen can still hit the long ball as well as anyone in the league.  He can still hit foul shots at over 90%.  When you are talking about role players, Allen is much more valuable and serves a much greater purpose than Pierce and certainly Garnett.  The way Allen looked last year, he could probably be in the league another 5 years just standing in the corner bombing.

He couldn't guard you, me, or Sasha Vujacic right now.  Those ankles are ready to give at any moment.

« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2014, 12:57:23 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548

He couldn't guard you, me, or Sasha Vujacic right now.  Those ankles are ready to give at any moment.
Allen was never a good defender though.  Never been a part of his game.  And his ankles looked fine last year.  Playing a greatly reduced role and minutes the last two years in Miami really helped Allen's career longevity.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2014, 01:07:19 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

This is absolutely ridiculous.  Ray Allen, at his age, serves the same purpose as James Jones did.  You remove Pierce and KG from that Nets team and do you think they even come close to playoffs?  LeBron would much rather be hand-feeding Pierce and KG wide open shots for the minimum.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale