Author Topic: Sully vs Julius Randle  (Read 14321 times)

Re: Sully vs Julius Randle
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2014, 01:58:19 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
2:26 Sully with the left handed hook over a legit 7 footer. Right in Hawes's face.

http://youtu.be/sT9nh33nmdE?t=2m26s

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2014, 01:59:16 AM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 5
Randle has a lot more potential than Sullinger.
Really?

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2014, 02:09:03 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1466
I would take a 265 pound Sullinger over Randle, but I'm worried we will see a 290+ pound Sully.
Randle is the better athlete, but Sully has a higher IQ IMO, better hands, and a softer touch around the rim.

I'm not so sure about that (iq wise).  In terms of passing they're at least even, and Randle is much better athlete.  Sullinger has better hands, yes, and is an exceptional rebounder, but Randle isn't exactly a slouch in this regard, either.  Plus, no weight or character issues, and he's two years younger.  Being left handed will also help, just because there aren't many of them in the league.

Randle has a habit of turning the ball over a lot.  People seem to think he has guard ball handling ability, but from what I have seen that is really overblown.  He turns the ball over way to often for a big.

I think Sully is the one with more upside personally, and I was so glad we didn't take Randle.  I think sully has a higher bbiq and is a better post player.

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2014, 02:15:24 AM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 5
This idea is dumb.
Sully is a proven nba player, (near) double double machine.
Randle still a rookie, don't even played an nba game.
Nash: old guy, often injuried, not sure if he can ball
Jeff Green: Good guy, can ball & be a great contributor in any team (i.e Indy, Houston).
Your trade will make you & LA happy but not us.

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2014, 02:20:16 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Id rather trade Jeff Green to the twolves for Zack Lavine, Budinger, Brewer

That might keep Kevin Love there.

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2014, 02:39:45 AM »

Offline redrobot

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 4
Sullinger has yet to show his true potential. After 2 years in the league his numbers have been underwhelming. Good results for a number 21 pick, but he slid there due to back injury concerns, which have to this point been non-factors.

The Lakers are in the midst of a disappointing off-season following a forgettable regular season. Julius Randle's value to Los Angeles is beyond any rational thought - remember, the Laker's don't handle losing seasons well. Not to mention the disarray the FO is in currently. But so the idea in LA right now is that Randle must be the next Kobe - no chance they would ever move him for anything like Sullinger and Green. At least at this point anyway.

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2014, 03:08:34 AM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64
Sullinger has yet to show his true potential. After 2 years in the league his numbers have been underwhelming. Good results for a number 21 pick, but he slid there due to back injury concerns, which have to this point been non-factors.

The Lakers are in the midst of a disappointing off-season following a forgettable regular season. Julius Randle's value to Los Angeles is beyond any rational thought - remember, the Laker's don't handle losing seasons well. Not to mention the disarray the FO is in currently. But so the idea in LA right now is that Randle must be the next Kobe - no chance they would ever move him for anything like Sullinger and Green. At least at this point anyway.

Sorry but how was it underwhelming?
he's most likely have 1.5yrs of exp in NBA and he's already near double-double....
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2014, 03:27:18 AM »

Offline redrobot

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 4
Underwhelming for a lottery pick - which he was expected to be if not for concerns about his back, which has not been an issue so far. And yes - close to a double-double is nowhere near his potential.

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2014, 04:05:44 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
This idea is dumb.
Sully is a proven nba player, (near) double double machine.
Randle still a rookie, don't even played an nba game.
Nash: old guy, often injuried, not sure if he can ball
Jeff Green: Good guy, can ball & be a great contributor in any team (i.e Indy, Houston).
Your trade will make you & LA happy but not us.

We could buyout Nash, replace Sullinger with Randle, and get Evan Turner and James Young (especially) more playing time.  What's the downside?

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2014, 04:44:26 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Id rather trade Jeff Green to the twolves for Zack Lavine, Budinger, Brewer

That might keep Kevin Love there.

I might puke in that trade though. None of those guys interests me.

If they offered Dieng, I might think about it.

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2014, 04:48:58 AM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64
Underwhelming for a lottery pick - which he was expected to be if not for concerns about his back, which has not been an issue so far. And yes - close to a double-double is nowhere near his potential.

Do you expect him to reach his "potential" in just a short time? while after having a back injury??
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2014, 04:49:19 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
2:26 Sully with the left handed hook over a legit 7 footer. Right in Hawes's face.

http://youtu.be/sT9nh33nmdE?t=2m26s
once that boy gets going there's no stopping him, love when he took over in stretches last year hopefully see more of thag
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2014, 06:58:26 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Randle has a lot more potential than Sullinger.
Really?

Athletically, I think Randle is better.   Sully has a nice skill set but he didn't take any of his teams to the title as a Freshmen.   For a lot of the year, Randle was the man at UK and carried the team.   It was during the SEC that Harrison and Young woke up and started playing.   Sometimes Randle was triple teamed prior to this happening.  Randle is a place where he will get the play with the ball more.  It would not surprise me if he producted better numbers in some areas than Jared.

Doesn't his woeful conditioning and shooting concern you?   The guy gained weight last season while running up and down the court.   Who the heck does that?   I guy who does not take care of himself is who!   If he does not watch it, he is going to be like Jared Fogle, before, not Jared Sullinger.  One of the first things they tell you is that excess weight puts stress on the back.

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2014, 07:46:21 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 858
I get the Randle vs. Sullinger comparisons, it is a fair debate.  Sully is doing fine so far, Randle may be better may not be.  Who knows.  A good topic to debate.

But this trade has us also "throwing in" Green and getting back Nash.  I don't see equal value in that at all.  I think Green has a lot more value than that whether in a trade or if he stays with the team.

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2014, 07:55:06 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Yes, I would. It creates more financial flexibility since we'd have Randle just starting his rookie contract , while we might be forced to pay Sullinger in the summer of 16.