Author Topic: Sully vs Julius Randle  (Read 14369 times)

Re: Sully vs Julius Randle
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2014, 09:01:41 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

In a second. I would do that deal in a second.

This talk about potential and double-doubles is overblown. If Randle gets 30 minutes a game, he will average a double double. So would Jordan Hill have. He rebounded well enough in college, and rebounding does translate (particularly early on in a career). If Boozer and Kelly get the lion's share of the minutes at the 4, he won't.

LA would not take your deal. They'd prefer the rookie with 2 more years of cost control and no health issues.

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2014, 09:28:56 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
I get the Randle vs. Sullinger comparisons, it is a fair debate.  Sully is doing fine so far, Randle may be better may not be.  Who knows.  A good topic to debate.

But this trade has us also "throwing in" Green and getting back Nash.  I don't see equal value in that at all.  I think Green has a lot more value than that whether in a trade or if he stays with the team.

Exactly, a Sully for Randle swap straight up I'd be open to. Throwing Green away is a mistake many posters on this blog seem happy to do. Green is the 2nd best player we have on this team. He has value. Also, Randle may be intriguing but nobody wanted to draft him.

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2014, 09:45:00 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Physically Randle is the same size and weight as Brandon Bass.
So we don't need another Bass.

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2014, 09:51:03 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
Physically Randle is the same size and weight as Brandon Bass.
So we don't need another Bass.
and i think Bass will always be better than Randle. He will be facing a lot of stronger and faster 4 and 5 in the league, no we way he can bully them like college.

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2014, 09:58:07 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

In a second. I would do that deal in a second.

This talk about potential and double-doubles is overblown. If Randle gets 30 minutes a game, he will average a double double. So would Jordan Hill have. He rebounded well enough in college, and rebounding does translate (particularly early on in a career). If Boozer and Kelly get the lion's share of the minutes at the 4, he won't.

LA would not take your deal. They'd prefer the rookie with 2 more years of cost control and no health issues.

Jeff Green has been getting many many 30 minutes. Had like 2 double doubles.

Bass has also had many 30+ minute games.

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2014, 10:02:38 AM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Think of it this way... do u really think any team in the league would trade a 7th pick in any draft for Sullinger? The answer is no, they wouldn't. Sullyv isn't as good as most of you think. He is out of shape, shot like 42 percent or something like that from the field which is awful for a big, and seems like a jerk (but don't really care about his attitude that much)

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2014, 10:08:37 AM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64

If Randle gets 30 minutes a game, he will average a double double.

1 word: IF
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2014, 10:17:22 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
This idea is dumb.
Sully is a proven nba player, (near) double double machine.
Randle still a rookie, don't even played an nba game.
Nash: old guy, often injuried, not sure if he can ball
Jeff Green: Good guy, can ball & be a great contributor in any team (i.e Indy, Houston).
Your trade will make you & LA happy but not us.

We could buyout Nash, replace Sullinger with Randle, and get Evan Turner and James Young (especially) more playing time.  What's the downside?

Giving Turner and James Young more playing time.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2014, 10:18:28 AM »

Offline MSceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 23
I would take a 265 pound Sullinger over Randle, but I'm worried we will see a 290+ pound Sully.
Randle is the better athlete, but Sully has a higher IQ IMO, better hands, and a softer touch around the rim.

I'm not so sure about that (iq wise).  In terms of passing they're at least even, and Randle is much better athlete.  Sullinger has better hands, yes, and is an exceptional rebounder, but Randle isn't exactly a slouch in this regard, either.  Plus, no weight or character issues, and he's two years younger.  Being left handed will also help, just because there aren't many of them in the league.

What are Sully's Character issues?

Did you miss the domestic violence episode with his girlfriend just prior to the start of last season?
Didn't miss it, but I did forget about it. You're right that is an issue.

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2014, 10:19:02 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
This idea is dumb.
Sully is a proven nba player, (near) double double machine.
Randle still a rookie, don't even played an nba game.
Nash: old guy, often injuried, not sure if he can ball
Jeff Green: Good guy, can ball & be a great contributor in any team (i.e Indy, Houston).
Your trade will make you & LA happy but not us.

We could buyout Nash, replace Sullinger with Randle, and get Evan Turner and James Young (especially) more playing time.  What's the downside?

Giving Turner and James Young more playing time.

Also, Julius Randle might end up becoming a bust.

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2014, 10:26:09 AM »

Offline joepatsfan

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 6
IMO upside on both guys is like 18/10

Both are undersized but can bang. Randle is nice but people were losing their minds over him but I don't see a 26/12 ceiling from him.

18/10 from both

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2014, 01:04:25 PM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
I honestly don see much from Randle but a 12/8 guy who has a few 20 point games here and there. Unless hes on the top 5 worst teams, He not going 20/10. I gotta see him bang with Z-BO, what happens when sully throws his 1000 pound body on him? I see him surfing through a few teams, at most a nice 10-12/8 guy down the future on a BIG 3 style team. Any team with with a decent non-undersized front court will be giving him the business.

Like some said before "EVERYONE HAS POTENTIAL" . Dont be suprised when Truner Turns it up this year either!

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2014, 06:31:44 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
Think of it this way... do u really think any team in the league would trade a 7th pick in any draft for Sullinger? The answer is no, they wouldn't. Sullyv isn't as good as most of you think. He is out of shape, shot like 42 percent or something like that from the field which is awful for a big, and seems like a jerk (but don't really care about his attitude that much)

Exactly, Sullinger is a scrub that Celticsblog overrates. Smart is Marcus Banks 2.0 and Julius Randle will be a multiple time all star. Ainge screwed up this draft by picking the worst player by far in the top 10.

« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2014, 08:09:26 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen

Exactly, Sullinger is a scrub that Celticsblog overrates. Smart is Marcus Banks 2.0 and Julius Randle will be a multiple time all star. Ainge screwed up this draft by picking the worst player by far in the top 10.

There's no telling if this dude is being serious.

« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2014, 08:14:40 PM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
Randle has a long way to go.  His best offensive skill is bullying his way to the basket.  Worked in college, but in the NBA,  yeah... a long way to go.