Author Topic: Any other FA/Trade Targets (Besides K. Love)  (Read 1495 times)

Any other FA/Trade Targets (Besides K. Love)
« on: July 23, 2014, 10:58:07 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
I reckon for FA, our targets might be Ekpe Udoh (PF/C), Emeka Okafor (PF/C) or Greg Oden (C)

In terms of a trade, I reckon Gorgui Dieng (PF/C), Corey Brewer (SF) (If Green is traded), Dion Waiters (SG) (Possible trade bait for future rim-protector?) and Larry Sanders (PF/C) are possible targets involving a trade.

I think Love is a .1% chance now, as we have no one to compete with Wiggins or Klay Thompson on our roster, unless we include Rondo (which is a big no-no to me)

So other than Love, who would you like to see us get? Personally, I would love for us to try and trade for Gorgui Dieng or Corey Brewer.

If we can't facilitate a trade, then go for Okafor or Udoh. Either one would be great, and they would be cheap.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Any other FA/Trade Targets (Besides K. Love)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 11:25:03 PM »

Offline AidaCelt

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13
Assuming we can't get a star via trade, this would mean we're still on the long road to rebuild.

In that case, I like what I've seen so far from Dieng. Okafor and Oden would be good on a contending team to add depth.

I'd also give Sanders a chance.

Waiters if we were to clear some room for him.
Expectations, Execution, No Excuses

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 11:35:24 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
You guys really love Dieng, huh ?

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 11:37:14 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I reckon for FA, our targets might be Ekpe Udoh (PF/C), Emeka Okafor (PF/C) or Greg Oden (C)

In terms of a trade, I reckon Gorgui Dieng (PF/C), Corey Brewer (SF) (If Green is traded), Dion Waiters (SG) (Possible trade bait for future rim-protector?) and Larry Sanders (PF/C) are possible targets involving a trade.

I think Love is a .1% chance now, as we have no one to compete with Wiggins or Klay Thompson on our roster, unless we include Rondo (which is a big no-no to me)

So other than Love, who would you like to see us get? Personally, I would love for us to try and trade for Gorgui Dieng or Corey Brewer.

If we can't facilitate a trade, then go for Okafor or Udoh. Either one would be great, and they would be cheap.

Ainge expressed the most interest, (to me it seems like,) in Waiters.

I think a scoring shooting guard that Waiters thrives in, is the best player to put next to Rondo who's a fantasic passer.

I'm very high on Waiters, and I think his value has been tarnished ever since there was a 'fiasco,' between Irving and Waiters. I really don't see anyone taking on Brewer, unless we swap out more cap filler to also take on Barea, where the trade exception/expiring contract might have to come into play.

Dieng isn't going to be traded though. The Wolves are starting to turn things around with how well Saunders is. Patience is key, and because of that; he's probably thinking giving away young prospects with the ability to retain them cheaply for two years isn't too smart.

I would love going after Sanders, and nabbing Waiters in a deal. I think those two on the right system, environment/coaching, proven vet in Rondo may settle those two down. Plus the Celtics are die hard fans. We bleed green, and we show our appreciation to the players. In the long run, for young players who want to become stars, (which Waiters believes he is,) they gotta know how it feels to hear it first.  ;D

You guys really love Dieng, huh ?

Was a huge advocate of us drafting Dieng. People said he would be too old, or have no ceiling, or absolutely just become a role playing big that has 10-15 minutes.

I think Dieng will be a underrated player throughout his career. Hes a very intelligent player, and his wingspan/quickness reminds me of Sanders game, without the locker room issues, off court negligence, and questionable decisions.

I still think we should've gone after Dieng.

But Kelly Olynyk seems like a great player, and he really looks like a guy who put in work, and listened to what Brad Stevens said he needs to work out heavily on. I wish I could say the same about Jared. I will cut him some slack, but he needs to tone his body down. I think he can be a Kevin Love lite, if he just at least works on his body, and stamina. Love isn't the most athletic, and neither is Sullinger, but they both have similar games, and Sully can develop that 3 point shooting ability.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 01:01:45 AM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
How about Ty Thomas? I wonder what happened to him.