Author Topic: What starting lineup would you like to see on opening night?  (Read 14764 times)

Re: What starting lineup would you like to see on opening night?
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2014, 11:03:08 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Working with who we have now and assuming no trades occur I would go with:

Rondo
Bradley
Green
Sullinger
Zeller

With main back ups being

Smart
Young
Olynyk
Turner

In an ideal situation I really want to see Green, Bass and Anthony traded. (Would love to see Wallace shipped out but I know that is not happening)

I really want to let the youngsters get their lumps but get playing time. I would rather see player growth than ten more wins.

I agree.  If nothing else, can someone just duct tape his mouth shut?  Haha the guy never stops pontificating about stuff that sometimes doesn't even concern our team, like when he said that Lebron isn't as tough or whatever as MJ and Kobe.  Please, just do us all a favor and STOP TALKING!  You're barely a serviceable player right now, you're past your prime, and who cares what you have to say?  You've made one all star team - it's not like these opinions are coming from an all time great.  Sorry to 'Crash' your party ::)  Can't we send him to the Lakers?  Kobe would love playing someone like him, who doesn't demand the ball on offense and who does the dirty work everywhere else.

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2014, 11:07:39 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Wallace was such a beast, he's washed up now but you're really not doing him justice talking like that

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2014, 11:15:44 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1948
Rondo
Smart
Young or Turner
Sully
KO

No interior defense and we'd get slaughtered in the PnRs because our bigs are too slow.  Not enough mobility.

If Turner were to start alongside Rondo and Smart, that would be the worst outside shooting 1-3 in the entire NBA.  Putting points on the board would likely be a problem.

But if we're going the tank and pure "development" route, I love your lineup.

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2014, 11:34:20 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Wallace was such a beast, he's washed up now but you're really not doing him justice talking like that

Well, he's not doing himself any favors by talking like that, either.  I hate guys like him and Jason Terry, for the simple reason that they can't back up what they're saying on the court.  Terry was nothing but chatter when he was here, and then Lebron posterized him, in addition to 'the jet' being terrible while he was here.  If you're going to talk the talk, you'd better be able to walk the walk.  I'd feel embarrassed if I was a teammate of his last year, with him constantly calling guys out but never cementing his words on the court, aside from when we played Charlotte.  I just think that, when it comes to Wallace, less is more and none is perfect! ;D
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 08:53:43 PM by Beat LA »

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2014, 01:36:04 AM »

Offline Timmio1990

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 3
There is no real reason to give Wallace playing time at this point, why not give it to the young wings and see how they go?

Rondo
Bradley
Green
Sully
Zeller

I would be okay with that line up, I mean there is no way I'm giving Bradley 8mil a year and then bringing him off the bench behind Evan Turner. I'm glad Stevens is the coach, he isn't afraid to give some burn to rookies/unproven players which is exactly where we are at at the moment.

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2014, 02:26:16 AM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 5
Actually it's Rondo/Bradley/Green/Sully/Zeller. But i'd like to see Green & Bass traded to Detroit for Moose so we would have:
PG: Rondo, Smart, Pressey
SG: Bradley, Thornton
SF: Turner, Young, Moser
PF: Sully, Oly
C: Monroe, Zeller

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2014, 02:29:21 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I guess it really depends how strongly Ainge wants to tank this season. He was slightly outdone by other GM's last year in his efforts to make us as bad as possible, and I don't think he anticipated just how many teams would tank so hard.
He may look at the crop of big men coming up in 2015/16 as free agents and as draft picks and decide that we need to tank while going hard after some wing men for Rondo in picks and free agents. I'm not one of those fans that thinks 'making the playoffs to attract free agents' is a successful recipe. I'd rather use Rondo as the bait and the Celtics as an organization whilst getting the best pick possible in case Rondo bails anyway.

What I would hope for at the start of the season:
Rondo
Bradley
Turner
Sullinger
Zeller

What I would hope for by the All Star break:

Rondo
Smart
Green
Sullinger
Zeller

I wonder how likely it is that we see a showcase starting line up so guys like Thornton, Bass, Faverani and Turner (and even Bradley) get their stats pumped up as much as possible for trade value and we still lose plenty of games.
Something like:

Rondo
Thornton
Turner
Green
Bass/Faverani

Trade all of them other than Rondo and then let

Rondo
Smart
Young
Sully
Zeller

with Bradley,Olynyk,Young, Pressey finish the season off with 40 straight losses and the number one pick :)

My gut tells me that Bradley was signed as our starting SG going forward and Rondo is going to  consider leaving very seriously, to be replaced by Smart.
Enter 2015 with cap space, assets, Rondo, Smart, 2015 top 3 pick, Sullinger, Bradley, Young, Olynyk and money to go after a few serious free agents.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 02:34:29 AM by chambers »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2014, 02:49:47 AM »

Offline redrobot

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 4
There is no real reason to give Wallace playing time at this point, why not give it to the young wings and see how they go?

By all accounts, Wallace is a great teammate, works hard, and shares the ball (to a fault) - I think that deserves some playing time. His contract has become a major negative focal point, as well as his lack of offense, but he is a seasoned veteran that can offer guidance to the younger guys. He's one of the best defenders on the team and doesn't need the ball to be productive - a stark contrast to much of the rest or the roster.

« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2014, 02:57:53 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99

By all accounts, Wallace is a great teammate, works hard, and shares the ball (to a fault) - I think that deserves some playing time. His contract has become a major negative focal point, as well as his lack of offense, but he is a seasoned veteran that can offer guidance to the younger guys. He's one of the best defenders on the team and doesn't need the ball to be productive - a stark contrast to much of the rest or the roster.

Sometimes he likes to throw his teammates under the bus when he feels like they don't give the same effort as he does
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2014, 03:07:57 AM »

Offline redrobot

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 4

Sometimes he likes to throw his teammates under the bus when he feels like they don't give the same effort as he does

That's true - and it could be negative, but it could also be that he is trying to motivate his teammates by calling them out. Perhaps they are not responding to non-public chiding. Maybe by publicly throwing teammates under the bus, he is sending a message to the rest of the team that he does not tolerate half-assed efforts. Maybe he feels that they are lacking a sense of urgency - not bringing 100% to every game, etc. etc. - and that other means of communicating this message have failed.

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2014, 04:11:47 AM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
PG: Rajon Rondo
SG: Avery Bradley
SF: Jeff Green
PF: Jared Sullinger
C:  Greg Oden

6th: Evan Turner
7th: Kelly Olynyk
8th: Marcus Smart
9th: Cody Zeller

Brandon Bass & Gerald Wallace would get a lot of DNP-CD's in the mist of this youth movement.

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2014, 08:40:34 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
You guys with the Greg Oden stuff please STOP!!! You're killing me, OMG he's done FYI, stick a fork in him, turn off the lights, for God sake if he was a horse they would have already put him down!

With what we have:
Rondo
AB
Green
KO
Zeller

Still dreaming we will get a starting Center (Monroe) like others have said, perhaps using Green, Bass and parts...
Rondo
AB
Turner
KO
Monroe

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2014, 09:01:35 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Asik
Love
Green
Martin
Rondo

... is what I would have said if this was still May.  I expect the actual starting lineup will be Zeller / Sully / Green / Bradley / Rondo.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2014, 10:53:08 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Smart
Bradley
Turner
Sully
Hibbert

Olynyk & Zeller off the bench.

« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2014, 11:04:25 AM »

Offline MSceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 23
Steph Curry
KD
Lebron
Melo
Dwight Howard
Bench: Fab Melo(only one we can afford)