Author Topic: Report: Celtics 'moving on' from Kevin Love trade talks  (Read 9047 times)

Re: Report: Celtics 'moving on' from Kevin Love trade talks
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2014, 08:49:35 PM »

Offline aingefan

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
I'm glad. Love has been overrated due to him putting up big numbers on a bad team. He just isn't that good. Ainge is smart to not give up what Saunders is demanding.

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2014, 08:50:04 PM »

Offline BigDogPitbull

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
I wouldn't mind getting Corey Brewer.

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2014, 08:57:03 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Right now the Celts need to just hold their hand and wait until they get dealt a few new cards.

Agreed. It's clear the ship has sailed on Kevin love to Boston. But that's ok. There will be other opportunities. We just need to be patient.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2014, 09:22:55 PM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 97
Kevin Love is a great player (I get not everyone is as high on him as others, and I know he isn't perfect, but come on, people, it's a silly little how far the 'overrated' contingent has swung towards underrating him). That said, I'm glad the Celtics are moving on. My biggest problem had nothing to do with Love (who's a fantastic player) himself, but rather I don't think it's the right long-term move for the Celtics this off-season. I really think our team needs to develop its young players more and make one or two auxiliary moves before making a legitimate run for Love would be a good idea. Maybe that could happen next off-season, maybe not.

I'd rather Danny focus on other routes to retooling the roster this particular season.

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2014, 09:24:53 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

The SF who is about 70-75% the rebounder that Jeff Green is?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2014, 09:28:53 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Im happy about this.

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2014, 09:29:01 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

The SF who is about 70-75% the rebounder that Jeff Green is?

How can someone as tall and athletic as Corey Brewer be so awful at rebounding?

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2014, 09:32:47 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I would just avoid the whole situation at this point. If you ask a chick out and she says "No, but you can go out with my friend" that's when you gotta be like "Oh you think I was asking you out for a date? Oh heck no. Nah. I was just trying to figure out how to spend some money for fun".

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2014, 09:43:14 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
If you can get Waiters out of the deal then do it. Love to the Cavs is already done we should get as many pieces as we can for the long rebuild. I'm glad we are doing this correctly now by tanking hard for Okafor. Love it. Next move should be trading Rondo for youth.

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2014, 09:44:00 PM »

Offline aingefan

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
If Minny wants to unload Martin, why not offer Bogans + Babb for Martin + Dieng?

Dieng is a decent big but I wouldn't take on Martin's albatross contract to acquire him.

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2014, 09:45:54 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
If you can get Waiters out of the deal then do it. Love to the Cavs is already done we should get as many pieces as we can for the long rebuild. I'm glad we are doing this correctly now by tanking hard for Okafor. Love it. Next move should be trading Rondo for youth.

First of all I don't want Waiters, because there are too many guards on this team. And how is not getting Love equates to tanking?

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2014, 09:50:52 PM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64

As much as I like him.... but he's another Guard!
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2014, 02:03:43 AM »

Offline redrobot

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 4
Waiters could be great, but he duplicates too much of what we already have. If Cleveland could compensate us for taking on Kevin Martin's contract from Minny, I think he would actually fit pretty well in the backcourt. We desperately need some perimeter shooting, and Martin has (in the past, admittedly) been an elite perimeter threat. Something we haven't had since Ray took his Shuttlesworth to south beach.

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2014, 02:29:37 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
And then BOOM! It happens when you least expect it...when everyone thinks you've dropped out of the race

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2014, 02:31:55 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Ya. i wouldn't mind getting Love and then trading him for wiggins