Author Topic: Idea: Jeff Green for Tayshaun Prince  (Read 7629 times)

Re: Idea: Jeff Green for Tayshaun Prince
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2014, 11:25:52 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
For Boston:  It takes a year of Jeff Green's contract (and gives us an expiring contract to work with at the deadline).  It opens up minutes at SF for Evan Turner?

For Memphis:  They get a pretty good SF in Green at a position they are currently weak.

I can't see most up to date salaries in trade machine/hoopshype.  This might put Memphis over the luxury tax which would potentially keep them from doing it.  I wonder if these teams can be included in a Love deal with Minnesota/Cleveland.

I HAVE ONE QUESTION

Why?

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2014, 10:00:54 AM »

Offline BigDogPitbull

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
There is no way in hell Jeff Green opts out next year.  Who else is going to give him 9 million a year?

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2014, 11:04:32 AM »

Offline twistedrico

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
I don't understand the concept of trading Jeff Green, who is an above average two way player and still young, for a washed up over the hill guy like T. Prince.  No way would Danny do that.

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2014, 11:04:50 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
There is no way in hell Jeff Green opts out next year.  Who else is going to give him 9 million a year?

Well, there is one guy who's dumb enough to do that

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2014, 11:06:46 AM »

Offline twistedrico

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
Wow you guys are harsh, 9 million a year for Jeff Green is not overpaying.  Take a look around the league at what players are making. Why do you care anyway? The owners can pay their employees whatever they want.

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2014, 11:32:42 AM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
Might as well just cut Jeff Green. I swear everyone on this forum is going to be beyond hypocritical when the season starts.

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2014, 12:00:38 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

If you look around the league 9 mill for Green is pretty good and reasonable. Very few people on here wanted to pay Parsons or Gordon 15+mill a year to bring him over, yet Green is over payed? Who puts up similar numbers and plays better D.

People are just bent because he was suppose to be the next PP and he's not. He's just not that kind of player. He's a great Robin, or Batgirl to some ones Batman. He puts up 17ppg and 5 boards and is usually in cruse control. He's not a go to scorer, but he's a great option. He's our best end of the game scorer. He's pretty clutch at the end of the game. And he an guard 1-4 which we're paying AB 2mil less and can only guard 1 and short 2's.

I don't get how we are overpaying. I think some people are stuck in the 80's frame of mind when it comes to paying players.

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2014, 12:20:00 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

If you look around the league 9 mill for Green is pretty good and reasonable. Very few people on here wanted to pay Parsons or Gordon 15+mill a year to bring him over, yet Green is over payed? Who puts up similar numbers and plays better D.

People are just bent because he was suppose to be the next PP and he's not. He's just not that kind of player. He's a great Robin, or Batgirl to some ones Batman. He puts up 17ppg and 5 boards and is usually in cruse control. He's not a go to scorer, but he's a great option. He's our best end of the game scorer. He's pretty clutch at the end of the game. And he an guard 1-4 which we're paying AB 2mil less and can only guard 1 and short 2's.

I don't get how we are overpaying. I think some people are stuck in the 80's frame of mind when it comes to paying players.

Bingo. Not only is paying Green 9M reasonable, but if we are able to lock him to a long term deal at 9M per it would be an absolute bargain when the new CBA deal kicks in.

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2014, 01:11:13 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
I guess you guys would much rather parsons for 15 million  ???

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2014, 02:51:12 PM »

Offline BigDogPitbull

• Al Horford
I'm pretty tough on Green at times and he may be somewhat of a bargain now but I still don't understand why Ainge paid him that much.  Same with Bradley.  He bids against himself at times.  I wouldn't trade Green for Prince.  Prince is done.  At least Green can give you or get you something.  Green is a good 4th option on a playoff team.  Prince isn't even someone you want sitting on the end of your bench.

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2014, 03:05:19 PM »

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle
Green is not a bad player, or an excellent one for that matter, he is good. Fairly good. Not average but good. We have him locked up at 9 mil/year whereas average/OK players such as Parsons or Hayward demand 15 million.

Another proof of Danny's skills and talent.
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2014, 03:09:05 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Trade Green for talent, not contract.

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2014, 03:18:21 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I'm pretty tough on Green at times and he may be somewhat of a bargain now but I still don't understand why Ainge paid him that much.  Same with Bradley.  He bids against himself at times.  I wouldn't trade Green for Prince.  Prince is done.  At least Green can give you or get you something.  Green is a good 4th option on a playoff team.  Prince isn't even someone you want sitting on the end of your bench.

It's fairly unlikely Danny bids against himself.

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2014, 03:44:12 PM »

Offline ekosins3

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 2
Jeff Green might be our best option at sf for a very long time. Its difficult to get guys the caliber of melo/bron/george. Green is in that second tier of sf and I would rank him in the 7-8 range for best sf's in the NBA.

Like many have said, I don't think his contract is to high by any means. I would like to see him with the celtics for a long time.

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2014, 05:40:23 PM »

Offline BigDogPitbull

• Al Horford
Green was coming off heart surgery when he signed that deal.  Who else was going to offer him anywhere near that much?  Avery Bradley is a 6'2". Shooting guard that can't stay healthy.  Who was going to give him 8 million a year?