Author Topic: Bulls up offer for Love. Celtics still in running?  (Read 10018 times)

Bulls up offer for Love. Celtics still in running?
« on: July 23, 2014, 11:45:08 AM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
1The Chicago Bulls have offered a package of Taj Gibson and rookies Doug McDermott and Nikola Mirotic to the Minnesota Timberwolves in exchange for Kevin Love, a league source told SheridanHoops.com on Wednesday.

The package is extremely intriguing to the Timberwolves, but there is a catch — it cannot be completed for another 29 days after McDermott and Mirotic signed their rookie contracts Tuesday. NBA rules prohibit rookies from being traded within the first 30 days after they sign.

And that could be good news for the Cleveland Cavaliers, who still have not signed Andrew Wiggins and may not do so until the end of this week. That will give them time to present Minnesota with an offer that can be acted upon immediately, bringing the Love trade talks to a quicker conclusion and giving the Cavs a superstar trio of LeBron James, Love and Kyrie Irving.

The source who spoke to SheridanHoops said he believed the Bulls offer was better in the minds of the Wolves than the Cavs’ current offer of Wiggins, Anthony Bennett and a No. 1 pick.

But if Cleveland is willing to include a second future No. 1 pick (Cleveland owns the rights to Miami’s first rounder as well as Memphis’ in 2015), it might be enough to trump Chicago’s offer.

The Golden State Warriors and Boston Celtics also remain in contention for Love, according to the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

More details upcoming.

Read more at http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2014/07/23/exclusive-bulls-have-offered-gibson-mcdermott-and-mirotic-for-love/#bWWatH4hUwxZJgPG.99

Re: Bulls up offer for Love. Celtics still in running?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 11:54:53 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Love that the Bulls are being aggressive and going after K-Love. Kevin Love would be a perfect fit alongside D-Rose and J-Noah.

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 11:56:05 AM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
Love that the Bulls are being aggressive and going after K-Love. Kevin Love would be a perfect fit alongside D-Rose and J-Noah.

Bulls offer isn't much different from the Celtics. 2 Rookies and a pf In sully Or Kelly

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 11:57:35 AM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
Is it just me or is the longer this is playing out does this give Danny more thoughts he might get Love if he can get more assets for him?

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 11:58:50 AM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75

Wasn't there a thread on this yesterday?
gotta include P Gasol...that would be a great 4-5 rotation...but if they are giving up Butler, who's gonna playing their wing positions (SG/SF) including backup? The only one that I can think of is McDermott.

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 11:58:55 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

Bulls offer isn't much different from the Celtics. 2 Rookies and a pf In sully Or Kelly

Yeah, I'd take the Cleveland offer, bu0t I imagine Flip's just seeing if he can squeeze one more asset out of the Cavs.

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 12:00:33 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Other than a center who is not a good defender, is there any player that Love wouldn't be a good fit beside?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 12:01:29 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Yeah but they're better rookies and better forwards.  ;)
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2014, 12:02:07 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Is it just me or is the longer this is playing out does this give Danny more thoughts he might get Love if he can get more assets for him?

in a way I feel that way too because I feel like we are gathering more players to use them as trade packages.

Rookies (Young and Smart) + Expiring (Wallace,Bogans) + Players that can contribute (Evan Turner/Green/Bradley/Sully/KO) and Draft picks

pick your package

I feel that the more players that can contribute and rookies we gather, it'll be great for us in the long run as it makes it easier to use

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2014, 12:02:35 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

Other than a center who is not a good defender, is there any player that Love wouldn't be a good fit beside?

Players that aren't as good as he is, obviously. We saw how that turned out.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2014, 12:05:13 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

in a way I feel that way too because I feel like we are gathering more players to use them as trade packages.

Rookies (Young and Smart) + Expiring (Wallace,Bogans) + Players that can contribute (Evan Turner/Green/Bradley/Sully/KO) and Draft picks

pick your package

I feel that the more players that can contribute and rookies we gather, it'll be great for us in the long run as it makes it easier to use

I assume you mean Thornton instead of Wallace as your expiring.

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2014, 12:07:39 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

Yep, just a bad defensive center.

Also a few smaller things that can help or hurt but are not deal breakers.

Like foot-speed and mobility of center. Slow C and slow PF puts team at disadvantage. And whether center can vacate low post area to allow Love to take advantage of his post game when he wants to. If center is low post only, some small diminished returns in Love's value. J-Noah offers all three - defense, speed and mobility, high post option.

Love plays very well with all perimeter players but I think extra value in perimeter players who have strong dribble drive games who can help take full advantage of Love's jump-shooting ability. Help create better shots for themselves (star perimeter player), create higher percentage shot attempts for K-Love and also help get better shots for other teammates. Which is D-Rose's main strength (also LeBron's). Rather than say someone like Carmelo (perimeter star) who is more an iso-scorer than a dribble drive guy.

K-Love is a very easy guy to play alongside offensively due to high skill-level (2nd best in NBA at PF position behind Dirk). His bad defense and slow-feet are drawbacks which need compensating for (mainly center position, team speed on perimeter also helpful).

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2014, 12:08:38 PM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday

Are you saying Gibson is Better than Sully? And how do you know how Doug McDermott and The next Darko Will pan out? 

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2014, 12:09:02 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75

Yeah...but not obtain KLove but to acquire players to facilitate a deal for another team to acquire KLove. Hopefully we get an impact player in return - Munroe

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2014, 12:11:09 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

Are you saying Gibson is Better than Sully? And how do you know how Doug McDermott and The next Darko Will pan out?

Gibson is better than Sullinger. And Mirotic's far from 'The next Darko.'

There's a reason Chicago's offer is being compared to Cleveland's package, rather than anything coming from Boston. I'm sure you can suss it out.