Author Topic: UndrcoverCop tricks autistic student into selling drugs  (Read 11254 times)

Re: UndrcoverCop tricks autistic student into selling drugs
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2014, 05:38:23 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I hope someday we will realize that we legislate morality.   Everytime we have tried to curb behaviors with the moral best interest bad things happen.   It didn't end drinking during prohibition, it didn't end prostitution and it sure as heck didn't stop drugs.

Well, it hasn't stopped murder, rape, assault or theft, either.  I'm not sure that that means we give up.
murder, rape, assault, theft, etc. are not what you would call morality legislation as those have victims.  the victimless crimes, like drug use and prostitution, are what you would call morality legislation and are clearly not the same thing.  I know you know this.

Drugs are far from a victimless crime.  I know you know this.
really who is the victim of the high school kid that smokes some marijuana on the weekend.

Sure there are sometime consequences that have victims, but the actual drug use is a victimless crime, same with prostitution.

Not all drug use is a high school kid smoking MJ on the weekends.

In terms of victims, there are drug addicted babies, loved ones who see users ruin themselves, the victims of drug-induced / drug-seeking crimes, the societal costs of supporting addicts, etc., etc.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes