Author Topic: UndrcoverCop tricks autistic student into selling drugs  (Read 11166 times)

Re: UndrcoverCop tricks autistic student into selling drugs
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2014, 01:17:07 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
This was a similar story from a couple of years ago.  Lovestruck teen gets undercover cop girlfriend pot because she asked him to.

http://www.alternet.org/story/154164/how_an_attractive,_undercover_cop_posed_as_a_student_--_then_entrapped_a_smitten_teen_to_%22sell%22_her_marijuana
Wow, that's way too mean.  I would half expect a hormonal high school kid to kill his parents for a shot with a flirty 25 year old.

It made think of the Family Guy where some attractive girl came to the door and was like, "I'm on a scavenger hunt and I need a human foot."  So Peter says, "As a rule, I normally wouldn't do this...but ok... so..so what is this for a school project or?" and starts sawing his own off.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2014, 01:18:59 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Those crazy teens with the pot and the dubstep and the tight jeans.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2014, 01:43:41 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Thanks to those who keep us safe.

Tthe Autistic kid or developedly disabled should not have been targeted in police sting.   Classic example on not taking on the real criminals and targeting an easy mark for arrest.

I hope someday we will realize that we legislate morality.   Everytime we have tried to curb behaviors with the moral best interest bad things happen.   It didn't end drinking during prohibition, it didn't end prostitution and it sure as heck didn't stop drugs.

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2014, 01:53:43 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
   It didn't end drinking during prohibition, it didn't end prostitution and it sure as heck didn't stop drugs.

Thankfully.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2014, 01:56:07 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Tthe Autistic kid or developedly disabled should not have been targeted in police sting.   Classic example on not taking on the real criminals and targeting an easy mark for arrest.

I hope someday we will realize that we legislate morality.   Everytime we have tried to curb behaviors with the moral best interest bad things happen.   It didn't end drinking during prohibition, it didn't end prostitution and it sure as heck didn't stop drugs.
Yup, it just sucks. Poor kid has to deal with court and explusion after being manipulated and targeted because he was an easy mark.

His mother has actually been publicly blogging about the case for a long while even before the article. Its pretty crushing to think of how excited her son was for a friend who was just using him to pad his career arrest total.

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2014, 02:00:01 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
And they wonder why people HATE police officers

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2014, 02:02:16 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Every cop is crooked until proven otherwise, in my eyes.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2014, 02:02:40 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

Yup, it just sucks. Poor kid has to deal with court and explusion after being manipulated and targeted because he was an easy mark.

His mother has actually been publicly blogging about the case for a long while even before the article. Its pretty crushing to think of how excited her son was for a friend who was just using him to pad his career arrest total.
Can anyone imagine what it must be like to not have 1 single friend? I think that is hell on earth.

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2014, 02:07:05 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Just read the Rolling Stone article. I feel a little sick.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2014, 03:33:23 PM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30

Amen.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2014, 03:55:42 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25635
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Amen.

I think that's the same type of thinking that gets these 21 Jump Street operations green lit.  "Every teenager is a druggie / deal until proven otherwise".

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2014, 03:56:38 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
As a police officer and supporter of Law Enforcement Against Prohibition, I'm well aware of the many unintended consequences that stem from the never ending, dangerous and unwinnable, War On Drugs. Fortunately for all us, the number of people who care and understand is growing exponentially. Unfortunately, this topic will likley be locked as it is against CelticsBlog rules.

TP for the post, and know that there are many on the inside that cringe at these type of stories.
You're the one that deserves the TP. If we had more police officers as wise and compassionate as you we would not have these problems...

Ditto.  TP from me as well.

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2014, 03:58:44 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Well, it hasn't stopped murder, rape, assault or theft, either.  I'm not sure that that means we give up.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2014, 04:20:55 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Well, it hasn't stopped murder, rape, assault or theft, either.  I'm not sure that that means we give up.
murder, rape, assault, theft, etc. are not what you would call morality legislation as those have victims.  the victimless crimes, like drug use and prostitution, are what you would call morality legislation and are clearly not the same thing.  I know you know this.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2014, 04:24:01 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

murder, rape, assault, theft, etc. are not what you would call morality legislation as those have victims.  the victimless crimes, like drug use and prostitution, are what you would call morality legislation and are clearly not the same thing.  I know you know this.

Drugs are far from a victimless crime.  I know you know this.