Author Topic: UndrcoverCop tricks autistic student into selling drugs  (Read 11231 times)

UndrcoverCop tricks autistic student into selling drugs
« on: July 23, 2014, 10:33:26 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
My heart goes out to these parents and students affected by this "21 Jump St" joke of a program. Almost half of all those arrested are special needs students, and the others are mostly poor minorities. I'd have to say the worst offense did not come from the transport of minuscule amount of drugs, but rather the officer's targeting of the most innocent and lonely students.

Some day I hope do be a father, and I really do not know if I could not react with violence if this was my son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8af0QPhJ22s&list=PLDbSvEZka6GHk_nwovY6rmXawLc0ta_AD

Re: UndrcoverCop tricks autistic student into selling drugs
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 10:51:01 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
There was a really good Rolling Stone (cue the eye rolling) article on this a few months back:
http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/the-entrapment-of-jesse-snodgrass-20140226

I'm very glad that we have police officers that are willing to dedicate themselves to such noble work in the line of duty.  ::)
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 11:07:14 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
This was a similar story from a couple of years ago.  Lovestruck teen gets undercover cop girlfriend pot because she asked him to.

http://www.alternet.org/story/154164/how_an_attractive,_undercover_cop_posed_as_a_student_--_then_entrapped_a_smitten_teen_to_%22sell%22_her_marijuana

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 11:16:15 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
If this kid is truly autistic, it's a pretty awful thing to do to someone.

For every good cop, there seems to be a handful where you really question their morality/methods.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 11:38:12 AM »

• Ray Allen
Now the families can't live in public housing(poor minorities are targeted/over represented), kids have hard time getting into college, can't get federal loans for school and etc.

Then theres the stigma. But after all that this poor kid with a special needs problem lost his only friend. Now he has ptsd and has a host of other issues because of this entrapment.

I think the case could be made that this was child abuse.

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 11:38:22 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
As a police officer and supporter of Law Enforcement Against Prohibition, I'm well aware of the many unintended consequences that stem from the never ending, dangerous and unwinnable, War On Drugs. Fortunately for all us, the number of people who care and understand is growing exponentially. Unfortunately, this topic will likley be locked as it is against CelticsBlog rules.

TP for the post, and know that there are many on the inside that cringe at these type of stories.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 12:11:09 PM »

• Ray Allen
As a police officer and supporter of Law Enforcement Against Prohibition, I'm well aware of the many unintended consequences that stem from the never ending, dangerous and unwinnable, War On Drugs. Fortunately for all us, the number of people who care and understand is growing exponentially. Unfortunately, this topic will likley be locked as it is against CelticsBlog rules.

TP for the post, and know that there are many on the inside that cringe at these type of stories.
You're the one that deserves the TP. If we had more police officers as wise and compassionate as you we would not have these problems...

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 12:14:00 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

You're the one that deserves the TP. If we had more police officers as wise and compassionate as you we would not have these problems...

Law enforcement doesn't make the laws.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2014, 12:34:04 PM »

• Ray Allen

But they do have brains. They also know right from wrong, and targeting the most vulnerable in the high school was a personal choice this officer made. It is obvious that the kid had a problem and was a loner, so the officer targeted him in order to make his job easier, presumably.

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2014, 12:35:36 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

But they choose to enforce them to different degrees.

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2014, 12:35:57 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Oh, yeah, for sure. I'm sure a lot of us have at least one negative experience with police officers noted in the history of our indivudual adolescence. The problem, though, is bigger than having too many ethically lacking mouthbreathers on the police forces -- its a systemic thing.

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2014, 12:42:39 PM »

• Ray Allen
Oh, yeah, for sure. I'm sure a lot of us have at least one negative experience with police officers noted in the history of our indivudual adolescence. The problem, though, is bigger than having too many ethically lacking mouthbreathers on the police forces -- its a systemic thing.
I agree, as with most things in life, it starts at the top.

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2014, 12:50:01 PM »

• Ray Allen
There was a really good Rolling Stone (cue the eye rolling) article on this a few months back:
http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/the-entrapment-of-jesse-snodgrass-20140226

I'm very glad that we have police officers that are willing to dedicate themselves to such noble work in the line of duty.  ::)
Many people/business owners protested the Rolling Stone cover with the animal terrorist kid killer. I have not bought an issue or plan to buy one ever from them. I'll read it online, and i'll even read it in the waiting room; but I will not buy it.

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2014, 12:53:58 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

Many people/business owners protested the Rolling Stone cover with the animal terrorist kid killer. I have not bought an issue or plan to buy one ever from them. I'll read it online, and i'll even read it in the waiting room; but I will not buy it.

That was a really good article too, actually, and they have some good writers working for them, but that's totally understandable, even if they do like Bruce Springsteen.

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2014, 01:06:33 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

And refs don't make the rules in basketball.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale