Author Topic: Would Andray Blatche have been a better choice than Evan Turner?  (Read 3591 times)

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
I know Andray has been known to be a headcase, but he can be a productive one. Seems like the last two seasons in Brooklyn he hasn't had all the drama of years past.  (Or, maybe I missed it.) 

Regardless, he shot 2 pointers close to 50% over the past two seasons.  This is likely going to be better than any Celtic forward or center in the coming year.   From the little I saw of him he was far more productive than KG. 

Yes, Turner has some talent.  But, from what we are hearing from the 76er fans we shouldn't be expecting much from him.  Andray could have proven to be a distraction.  On the other hand he would have created some spacing and not allowed everyone to collapse once Rondo or Smart penetrated the lane. 

Re: Would Andray Blatche have been a better choice than Evan Turner?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 01:43:38 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
No.  Absolutely not.

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 01:55:57 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 01:59:36 AM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Blatche is a terrible defender. We have enough big men who don't defend well.

He is a knucklehead too. Thankfully our bigs appear to be good guys and still have upside.

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 03:41:05 AM »

Offline lurkerStrips

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
i think the c's are better off checking what their current assets have to offer. i'd like to see what a healthy fav can do in coach steven's system

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 04:05:09 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Blatche is a terrible defender. We have enough big men who don't defend well.

He is a knucklehead too. Thankfully our bigs appear to be good guys and still have upside.

Yes because good guys ALWAYS equate to wins ::)

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 06:57:48 AM »

Offline Timmio1990

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 3
I really don't think that Blatche would be available for a portion of the MLE which is what we got Tunrer for.

Turner has a lot to prove, the next 2 years for him will decide weather he gets a big payday or if he is destined to be a role player, I expect him to come up and put it all on the line this year. Blatche on the other hand is coming up 2 solid seasons for the Nets and is a good enough offensive player that he could get a deal around the 6-7Mil range for a couple of seasons.

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 07:14:27 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I actually think playing with rondo, IF turner plays within himself, will greatly benefit turners offensive efficiency.  He looked ball dominant in philly but that was a young kid put on a bad team and told to do everything.  If turner can improve his offensive efficiency but continue the nice all around game rebounding passing and play passable team defense  ::)  .  A great signing.  I personally don't need him to be a good defender but a good team defender.  Paul Pierce was never going to shut someone down (at least later in his career) but he understood team defense and funneling his player into defensive lanes.  gotta think we went from green to  injured wallace to chris johnson former d league
to green, turner, wallace  ;)

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2014, 07:37:18 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Don't know DA's plan, so it's kinda hard to say.

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2014, 07:47:40 AM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 5
Hell no. Turner is still young & developping, cheap, has potential & in a good team he can be better than he's now. Believe me, i know this guy since his day at Ohio state & i know what he can do. He was a bit lost in Indy but he's better than people think. You'll find it out soon.

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2014, 07:49:25 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Gee ..... Now this is a toss up ......same brain in different head .....

I think I would flip a coin and go with Turner  ::)

Blatche  ....would play 5 good games for Celtics ... Low low IQ

And disappear .....into oblivion

I rather have the El Hombre

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2014, 08:19:20 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
I know Andray has been known to be a headcase, but he can be a productive one. Seems like the last two seasons in Brooklyn he hasn't had all the drama of years past.  (Or, maybe I missed it.) 

Regardless, he shot 2 pointers close to 50% over the past two seasons.  This is likely going to be better than any Celtic forward or center in the coming year.   From the little I saw of him he was far more productive than KG. 

Yes, Turner has some talent.  But, from what we are hearing from the 76er fans we shouldn't be expecting much from him.  Andray could have proven to be a distraction.  On the other hand he would have created some spacing and not allowed everyone to collapse once Rondo or Smart penetrated the lane.
andray is that you?
i am not ecstatics over Turner, but i think he is better player that half of our guys on the roster, he was so great against the celtics in the playoff series, and that's what i remember him by, and that's what i hope he can be on a consistent basis.

Blatche is IMHO a good bench player, he would be a perfect fit for a team like Nets last year, behind tons of veterans and under their strict influence. on a young team filled with guys playing his position, i don't think so.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2014, 08:43:54 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Yeah, probably.

I like the Turner pick up but we need another big more so than a wing player.

Only thing I can think of is Blatche is looking for a bigger payday than the Celts can offer.

As for all this stuff about him possibly being a distraction or bad influence, I personally don't buy that for a second and think that's meaningless.

Can he play and can he win should be the question.

He had a pretty good year last year with Brooklyn.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 08:49:14 AM by gpap »

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2014, 06:00:59 PM »

Offline dysgenic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
I don't like either guy.

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2014, 09:34:39 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
I don't like either guy.

Sorry, that option is not permissible on this post....... : )