Author Topic: All 2015 Free Agents/Non-Guarantees (Thoughts)  (Read 2144 times)

All 2015 Free Agents/Non-Guarantees (Thoughts)
« on: July 22, 2014, 04:33:45 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/09/201516-nba-free-agents.html

This link has all the free agents/non-guarantees for next year's FA. It also says which players have the player option or are restricted.

Personally, its not a big class but there is a lot of players here who could show promise.

What I would do and would be realistic for the Celtics: Sign Robin Lopez (C), re-sign Rondo (PG) (hopefully 5yrs/90M like Irving?), and try and go after Gerald Green (SF) if cap space allows

Why? - Marc Gasol is likely signing for max with a team, and if we re-sign Rondo, we likely won't have enough to offer Gasol, and there is a good chance Memphis re-signs him anyways. DeAndre Jordan is a risk and we would be overpaying him. Brook Lopez has player option and is injury prone.
Robin Lopez is a very solid center with great potential. Currently he is starting center for Portland. As we expect, LaMarcus Aldridge will sign for max, or close to max, with the Trail Blazers after this season so it's likely R. Lopez will not be re-signed by Portland. Rondo is the nucleus of the Celtics and if he can become a more consistent shooter and continue racking up assists/rebounds, I don't see why we shouldn't re-sign him, though i hope he's willing to take a minor paycut (16-18M/yr as opposed to 20). I would hope we at least inquire about Gerald Green and see his price. He would be a solid SF and a good fit with the Celtics. Again, only if he's available and the price/cap space allows.

Who would you guys like to go after and at least try and get during next year's FA?

Also note, unless we trade a 2015 pick(s) for an asset this offseason or during the trade deadline in February, we have 2 first round picks (Clippers, Ours) and 2 second round picks (Ours, Philly), or 3 first rounders (if philly makes playoffs, then we get their first rounder and no second  :-\ ) and the one second rounder next year (ours).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: All 2015 Free Agents/Non-Guarantees (Thoughts)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 04:44:53 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
Marc Gasol is a must. I would love to see a Josh smith and Marc gasol front court with Rondo And Bradley backcourt.  Best defense in the league, would need Jeff Green to come ito his own though.

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 04:48:56 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Marc Gasol is a must. I would love to see a Josh smith and Marc gasol front court with Rondo And Bradley backcourt.  Best defense in the league, would need Jeff Green to come ito his own though.

I would hope we can get Gasol. Money might be the problem though. To get Jsmoove we probably need to conduct a trade involving J. Green.

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 05:24:59 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Don't we get 2 seconds if Philly doesn't make it? I know it was at least 2.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 06:33:25 PM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
Why do people keep dreaming about Marc Gasol?  He loves Memphis and they love him.  As long as they stay respectable, I don't see ANY way he leaves.

Rak

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 06:41:41 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

Correct.

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 06:47:46 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

This link has all the free agents/non-guarantees for next year's FA. It also says which players have the player option or are restricted.

Personally, its not a big class but there is a lot of players here who could show promise.

What I would do and would be realistic for the Celtics: Sign Robin Lopez (C), re-sign Rondo (PG) (hopefully 5yrs/90M like Irving?), and try and go after Gerald Green (SF) if cap space allows

Why? - Marc Gasol is likely signing for max with a team, and if we re-sign Rondo, we likely won't have enough to offer Gasol, and there is a good chance Memphis re-signs him anyways. DeAndre Jordan is a risk and we would be overpaying him. Brook Lopez has player option and is injury prone.
Robin Lopez is a very solid center with great potential. Currently he is starting center for Portland. As we expect, LaMarcus Aldridge will sign for max, or close to max, with the Trail Blazers after this season so it's likely R. Lopez will not be re-signed by Portland. Rondo is the nucleus of the Celtics and if he can become a more consistent shooter and continue racking up assists/rebounds, I don't see why we shouldn't re-sign him, though i hope he's willing to take a minor paycut (16-18M/yr as opposed to 20). I would hope we at least inquire about Gerald Green and see his price. He would be a solid SF and a good fit with the Celtics. Again, only if he's available and the price/cap space allows.

Who would you guys like to go after and at least try and get during next year's FA?

Also note, unless we trade a 2015 pick(s) for an asset this offseason or during the trade deadline in February, we have 2 first round picks (Clippers, Ours) and 2 second round picks (Ours, Philly), or 3 first rounders (if philly makes playoffs, then we get their first rounder and no second  :-\ ) and the one second rounder next year (ours).
very crude, quick, dirty, and simple math needed to be done here.

the salaries for rondo, lopez, wallace, green, bradley, smart, sully, olly, zeller and 2 first round picks comes in at well over $70 million.

that gives the celtics only 11 players and they are probably already over the limit in salaries.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 10:33:26 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Correct.

Yep, if Philly is in the lottery then the celtics get their 2015 and 2016 second rounders (1 each year)

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 10:35:09 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

very crude, quick, dirty, and simple math needed to be done here.

the salaries for rondo, lopez, wallace, green, bradley, smart, sully, olly, zeller and 2 first round picks comes in at well over $70 million.

that gives the celtics only 11 players and they are probably already over the limit in salaries.

Well reastically I want R. Lopez and re-signing Rondo, not necessarily Gerald Green. Wait, is the Green in your roster Gerald Green or Jeff Green?   :P